I've got the fever! WTB small fiberglass trailer - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2016, 11:50 AM   #1

Name: Debbie
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New York
I've got the fever! WTB small fiberglass trailer

I am looking for a a Scamp, uhaul, Burro....or similar type of trailer in the NY, NJ, PA or surrounding states. I have been looking for quite some time but anything that comes around is usually quite far away. I am getting quite discouraged any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2016, 11:55 AM   #2

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Good luck with your search, have you tried
Searchtempest
It will search all Craigslist and ebay
Simple enter your zip code
Distance willing to travel
What your looking for ( ie scamp or burro )
Just beware there are alot of scams
And take from the document center the article on buying/ what to look for
Again good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 03-12-2016, 12:06 PM   #3

New York
Thanks Alan....I have been checking Search Tempest and other sites for months. Maybe, now that warm weather is coming our way, there will be more coming onto the market.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Patience. Believe it or not, lots of trailers are still in bed for the winter and folks wanted to sell aren't ready to pull them out, dewinterize and check the systems. BUT, you still need to be actively looking. You never know when one will popup in your wanted area.

Best of luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #5

Name: Frederick / Janis
Trailer: Previously Scamp 13 2002,2016. Scamp 16 on order
Michigan
Did you see this one? 1977 Scamp Camper Trailer

Right here on this very website and on Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale are the two "Go To" sites for listings. They come up and have come up in your area, but it requires almost daily "checking in" on the two listing sites with the most traffic.

Best of luck in your search.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:41 PM   #6

Michigan
Search Tempest misses a lot of units.

Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

and right here, on this site. You've got to practically commit to checking every day for new listings on these two, primary sites. There has been one on Buffalo Craigs for some time, for example.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #7

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
None
One other tip, be ready to buy immediately if you are interested. Not saying that you don't check it out first, but these usually sell within a very short time.

When I bought mine, I called on it, wanted to drive the four hours to check it out the next day, but that was inconvenient for the sellers, so they suggested I come the following day - said, if I was serious about it, they would hold it for me. I agreed. I went and looked, made my decision, wrote them a check, and towed the trailer home that afternoon. They already had two more parties who were waiting to see if I would buy it. The other two were from out of state and ready to make the drive.

My point is, you have to be ready to jump as soon as you find one you like - they don't last long enough to "Ponder" or count on time to arrange the finances, unless the sellers are extra nice. I doubt if most will wait very long.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:43 PM   #8

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Patience. Believe it or not, lots of trailers are still in bed for the winter and folks wanted to sell aren't ready to pull them out, dewinterize and check the systems. BUT, you still need to be actively looking. You never know when one will popup in your wanted area.

Best of luck!

THANKS FOR THE WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT DONNA!
You are probably right....I just need patience!
Old 03-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #9

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
Did you see this one? 1977 Scamp Camper Trailer

Right here on this very website and on Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale are the two "Go To" sites for listings. They come up and have come up in your area, but it requires almost daily "checking in" on the two listing sites with the most traffic.

Best of luck in your search.

Yes, I did see it but it is located over 5 hours away. I hope to find one a bit closer. But maybe I will have to consider the fact that I may have to drive that far.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #10

Michigan
We drove 11 hours to purchase a used Scamp and 14 hours to Backus to purchase a new one. I can assure you that 5 hours is very close when it comes to finding a trailer such as these. Whether you buy that one or not, it entirely up to you, but only looking in virtually your own neighbor isn't quite the way this work, I'm afraid.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:58 PM   #11

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
One other tip, be ready to buy immediately if you are interested. Not saying that you don't check it out first, but these usually sell within a very short time.

When I bought mine, I called on it, wanted to drive the four hours to check it out the next day, but that was inconvenient for the sellers, so they suggested I come the following day - said, if I was serious about it, they would hold it for me. I agreed. I went and looked, made my decision, wrote them a check, and towed the trailer home that afternoon. They already had two more parties who were waiting to see if I would buy it. The other two were from out of state and ready to make the drive.

My point is, you have to be ready to jump as soon as you find one you like - they don't last long enough to "Ponder" or count on time to arrange the finances, unless the sellers are extra nice. I doubt if most will wait very long.

Yes...I am finding that out. I was burned by a Craigs list seller recently. I was all excited, I was the first one to respond and then suddenly they went silent(no returned calls or returned emails). I shot them an email a week later in one last attempt and they responded that it was still available. I got right back and again told them I was serious and then they went silent again. Grrrrr.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #12

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpfick View Post
We drove 11 hours to purchase a used Scamp and 14 hours to Backus to purchase a new one. I can assure you that 5 hours is very close when it comes to finding a trailer such as these. Whether you buy that one or not, it entirely up to you, but only looking in virtually your own neighbor isn't quite the way this work, I'm afraid.
I think you are right. I am a sales rep and put on a lot of miles....was hoping to find one in my territory. Or at least somewhat near my beaten path.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:18 PM   #13

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13 Deluxe Birch w/front dinette
Wisconsin
Registry
DMACK ..you need some cowbell

You will find one..spring is coming up

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:59 PM   #14

Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
Washington
ONLY 5 hours drive time?!!! Last week I picked up my new Scamp in Backus, it was 5, drove through snow and wind storms, over the Cascade and Rocky Mtns. and logged 3100 miles taking seven days. The first night in the trailer at a Rest Area in ND it was 14. I'm so looking forward to many many more Scamp adventures!

Hope you find what you want soon, and if you have the time, go the distance. This is so much fun!
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg