Looking for 13' to 16' Burro/Perris Pacer or Similar - Southwest US - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #1

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Looking for 13' to 16' Burro/Perris Pacer or Similar - Southwest US

My fiance and I are looking to purchase a 13' or 16' fiberglass camper. We would like to do much of the work ourselves to make it our own, so small imperfections or minor repairs are fine by us. Our budget is small since we are saving up for our wedding in October, but this will be our gift to each other and we are looking forward to putting some hard work into it during our newlywed years! We are new to the camper world, but recently stayed in large airstream and fell in love with it. We camp all the time, so a camper will be an exciting next step to improve our weekend adventures!

Any advice on makes/models would be wonderful and we can't wait to find ourselves a camper!

Budget: $4000 - 5000
Location: We are located in Tucson, AZ, but would be willing to travel throughout the state, to southern California, New Mexico, or southern Utah/Colorado if needed.
Repairs we are comfortable with: Windows, flooring, ceiling, (prefer no water damage, but with the help of this forum we may be able to take care of slight water damage on our own), upgrades to fridge/stove
Things we want to avoid: Major water damage, any major electrical/plumbing problems, or major cosmetic damage.

wxmixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:46 PM   #2

Name: Marcia
Trailer: Trail West Campster
California
Campster for sale

Hi. We have a 1970 Trails West Campster for sale. It has been garage kept and not been used in years. It has a sink stove and fridge and comes with a porta potty. The kitchen table converts to a large bed which can sleep 2 adults. It also comes with the hitch and ball for towing. It needs some tlc but it does not have any water problem or leaks and it also has a new popup installed. This is a solid trailer and very hard to find. We are asking $4000.00 for it. If you are interested please let us know. We live in Southern California. If you are interested we would be glad to send pics of the inside and outside.
Thanks, and happy hunting!

Marc2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #3

Arizona
We would love to see photos! You can email me at my email address I use for our camper searching at NewlywedCamper@gmail.com Thanks!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #4

Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Utah
we have a 1980 Buro for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmixte View Post
My fiance and I are looking to purchase a 13' or 16' fiberglass camper. We would like to do much of the work ourselves to make it our own, so small imperfections or minor repairs are fine by us. Our budget is small since we are saving up for our wedding in October, but this will be our gift to each other and we are looking forward to putting some hard work into it during our newlywed years! We are new to the camper world, but recently stayed in large airstream and fell in love with it. We camp all the time, so a camper will be an exciting next step to improve our weekend adventures!

Any advice on makes/models would be wonderful and we can't wait to find ourselves a camper!

Budget: $4000 - 5000
Location: We are located in Tucson, AZ, but would be willing to travel throughout the state, to southern California, New Mexico, or southern Utah/Colorado if needed.
Repairs we are comfortable with: Windows, flooring, ceiling, (prefer no water damage, but with the help of this forum we may be able to take care of slight water damage on our own), upgrades to fridge/stove
Things we want to avoid: Major water damage, any major electrical/plumbing problems, or major cosmetic damage.

We have a 1980 Buro 13 foot trailer for sale.

we are in Northern Utah but could meet you in southern Utah if that helps.

It has always had good care we are the third owners. We have owned it 7 years and the previous owners we bought it from owned it 12.

Still has the original cushions, this is the rare bunk bed model where the front couch converts to both a small dinette or a bunk bed set for two children or dogs that do not exceed 75 pounds.

The rear section is a full sized bed or a large dinette.

Comes with a closet, lots of storage for a trailer this size, two burner stove, sink, water pump and a electric 120 volt refrigerator.

We have replaced the carpet and curtains this year and right now I am measuring the cabinet doors as I felt the old dark particle board doors do not seem up to par for such a cute trailer.

Not sure if this is what I would call a fixer upper as it is in really good shape. I have located new pinch welting that i could install or leave for you to install...really easy job.

Wiring works but may be due to be replaced, again very easy job on such a simple little trailer with easy access.

We have not used the water tanks for many years as we prefer to pick up store bought water for the convenience and then we have no weatherization chores in the fall.

This trailer has the smooth rubber independent suspension and pulls like a dream without bouncing all over the place like the leaf spring trailers do.

Trailer spent most of the time in southern Colorado and shows no signs of water damage or leaks.

Only issue we have ever know of was some cracking of the frame where the tongue starts. This is a common problem and we had a welder weld up the cracks and then add gussets, I do not believe this will ever crack again and after seeing how thin the frame walls are I recommend all these frames be reinforced.

This trailer has been a joy to own, but we just do not use it anymore with health issues and other changes in life.

We have both forgotten how to add photos so if you are interested we can send photos with the doors off.

Save
Save
papas34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #5

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by papas34 View Post
We have a 1980 Buro 13 foot trailer for sale.

we are in Northern Utah but could meet you in southern Utah if that helps.

It has always had good care we are the third owners. We have owned it 7 years and the previous owners we bought it from owned it 12.

Still has the original cushions, this is the rare bunk bed model where the front couch converts to both a small dinette or a bunk bed set for two children or dogs that do not exceed 75 pounds.

The rear section is a full sized bed or a large dinette.

Comes with a closet, lots of storage for a trailer this size, two burner stove, sink, water pump and a electric 120 volt refrigerator.

We have replaced the carpet and curtains this year and right now I am measuring the cabinet doors as I felt the old dark particle board doors do not seem up to par for such a cute trailer.

Not sure if this is what I would call a fixer upper as it is in really good shape. I have located new pinch welting that i could install or leave for you to install...really easy job.

Wiring works but may be due to be replaced, again very easy job on such a simple little trailer with easy access.

We have not used the water tanks for many years as we prefer to pick up store bought water for the convenience and then we have no weatherization chores in the fall.

This trailer has the smooth rubber independent suspension and pulls like a dream without bouncing all over the place like the leaf spring trailers do.

Trailer spent most of the time in southern Colorado and shows no signs of water damage or leaks.

Only issue we have ever know of was some cracking of the frame where the tongue starts. This is a common problem and we had a welder weld up the cracks and then add gussets, I do not believe this will ever crack again and after seeing how thin the frame walls are I recommend all these frames be reinforced.

This trailer has been a joy to own, but we just do not use it anymore with health issues and other changes in life.

We have both forgotten how to add photos so if you are interested we can send photos with the doors off.

Save
Save
We are interested! Would you mind sending some additional photos to Newlywedcamper@gmail.com Thank you for thinking of us and if this does work out it, it would give us a fantastic excuse to come back up to beautiful Utah!

The bunk beds seem like a great find, especially since we do have a dog and want to plan on using our camper with our future children.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #6

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
I just posted a CHEAP Uhaul that I saw on Craigslist. It has been in a barn.
TV: 2013 Subaru Forester
Jennifer in Denver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Colorado
I have a 13' Perris Pacer listed for$6500 obo - im in Brevkenridge, CO 970-485-9891 text or call if interested.
Thanks,
Bobby Parker
bobasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:18 PM   #8

Arizona
Found ourselves a camper!

Thank you all for all of your offers and support in our fiberglass trailer search! We have found one and will be picking her up next month. We look forward to keeping you updated on her in future posts!
Old 09-12-2017, 12:24 PM   #9

Name: Ilene
Trailer: 1981 Perris Pacer
California
Quote:
Thank you all for all of your offers and support in our fiberglass trailer search! We have found one and will be picking her up next month. We look forward to keeping you updated on her in future posts!
Curious as to what you found and where?
Ilene Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:28 PM   #10

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Harris View Post
Curious as to what you found and where?
Sure thing! We found it through this lovely forum on this post! We will be traveling up to northern Utah to pick up a 1980 Burro from papas34 next month.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #11

California
Quote:
Sure thing! We found it through this lovely forum on this post! We will be traveling up to northern Utah to pick up a 1980 Burro from papas34 next month.
Good for you! Keep us posted on your find and what you do...
Old 10-25-2017, 10:38 AM   #12

Utah
Ilean, it was heart warming to meet you and Robert.

We sure hope you fall in love with the Buro.

It would have been a sadder thing to see it roll away had we thought we had iad it to someone who just wanted to use it for hunting up some rough muddy road.

We wish you two a great life on Happy Trails.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #13

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by papas34 View Post
Ilean, it was heart warming to meet you and Robert.

We sure hope you fall in love with the Buro.

It would have been a sadder thing to see it roll away had we thought we had iad it to someone who just wanted to use it for hunting up some rough muddy road.

We wish you two a great life on Happy Trails.
Nope - not me (Ilene) - you sold your Burro to another person! Dave and I did purchase the Perris Pacer in Breckenridge, Colorado...
Old 10-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #14

Utah
Ashley......lol

I hope you read my previous post.

Sandy and I are working on getting a motorized bill of sale and other documentation needed.

Each state has their own ways.

We are having completely different rules to deal with now tranferimg title from Oregon.

Happy Camping

Tags
burro, casita, perris pacer, scamp, trillium