Looking for 16 or 17' egg - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #1

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
I have a friend who lives in Oregon and is looking for a 16 or 17' Burro, Casita or similar fiberglass egg. This will be her first trailer and she is hoping to find something in good shape. Any leads appreciated. Thanks.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:40 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Happy New Year and welcome to two soon to be egg owners. My friends found a 17' Burro in Nevada that will hopefully soon be theirs.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:22 PM   #3

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Quote:
Happy New Year and welcome to two soon to be egg owners. My friends found a 17' Burro in Nevada that will hopefully soon be theirs.
If our luck holds out, by this time next week Bob and I should be the proud owners of a 17' wide BODY Burro! I say wide BODY because a certain someone that I know posted a thread a few months ago referencing his 17' wide Burro, and boy did the jokes fly after that!

Wish us luck in completing the transaction. We are so excited, we have already signed up for the Oregon Gathering at Bullard's Beach. Good thing, too, because it looks to be just about sold out, and it is still 6 months away!

Can't wait to get her home!!!!!

Adonna and Bob Roelke
Old 01-05-2007, 07:40 AM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Congratulations Adonna and Bob Any chance we'll see you and your new-to-you Burro before the Oregon Gathering?? How about coming to the Northern Oregon Gathering - Part 2??

Yeah, wide body comments can create a few chuckles. But there IS a wide body Burro and it's slimmer regular body sibling.

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 PM   #5

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Congrats!

That Burro was on my "To Do" list, but I am having mental storage battles, and until I can get a better grasp on where I can put it, I am looking, but not jumping.

I am spoiled with the 13 footer, it slips into my driveway and is reasonably un offensive. I could not get away with a 17 there, however.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
All you need is a stout retaining wall enclosure next to your steps. It would serve as great off-street parking for another TT. Just make it large enough so you can walk around it comfortably! Or...make it wide enough to go from the steps to the property line, all the way across the front. Once the retaining wall was built you could advertise for free fill. There are often people changing the configuration of their lots and need to dispose of excess fill.
An additional thought would be to slant it so drainage would be toward the street.
What the heck, dream big!

Adonna & Bob,
Thanks for sharing your excitement and anticipation! Some have had a longer wait than others but we've all shared similar experiences. We pray that the reward will match or exceed your expectations

Kurt & Ann K.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Quote:
Congratulations Adonna and Bob Any chance we'll see you and your new-to-you Burro before the Oregon Gathering?? How about coming to the Northern Oregon Gathering - Part 2??

Yeah, wide body comments can create a few chuckles. But there IS a wide body Burro and it's slimmer regular body sibling.

Hi Donna - We would love to join you at the Northern Oregon Gathering, but my aunt & uncle from Arkansas will be visiting during that time so it won't work with our schedule. However, we might be tempted to take them sightseeing up that way and might just crash the party so we can meet you!

Tags
eggcamper