Looking for 16ft camper - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #1

Name: Stephanie
Trailer: Bigfoot, Casita, Scamp
Louisiana
Talking Looking for 16ft camper

Hello I have been searching for months for a camper that fits my needs and budget with no luck so I'm trying out an ad. I am looking for a 16ft or 15ft camper. I need a bathroom with a toilet and shower. I like the layouts with the side dinner that converts into a bed. If the dinette converted into bunks that would be fantastic! I don't mind having to do some work on it. I am located in southern Louisiana. I am willing to travel for the right trailer. My budget maxes out at $5000. I am also open to other types of campers as long as they have a inclosed bathroom and enough room for 4 people.

Scamp

Casita

Bigfoot

Thank you for reading!

Old 08-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Hi Stephanie and welcome to the world of FGRV's.

Gotta say though, that with your budget and requirements it's going to be a tough order to fill unless you are prepared to do more than a small amount of work.

16' Scamps in decent shape are occasionally seen in your price range, but that wouldn't leave much for usually necessary repairs on an older FGRV.

You might try following the ads on molded fiberglass RV's for sale:
Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

but be ready to pounce if you see one withing your budget, especially until well after summer is over and prices start to drop for winter.

In this venue, fair priced FGRV's tend to last only a few days after they are posted and underpriced ones will sometimes last only hours after posting.

That said, scammers abound with low prices. I suggest that you read up all you can about our trailers and ask lots of questions before you go looking.

If possible try to attend an FGRV rally or at least look at a few you can't afford ASAP.

Good Luck

Old 08-19-2015, 06:28 PM   #3

Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Registry
Where are you located?
I have a 96 Casita with bath & side dinnette. $5900 I also have a 98 w\o bath. $4900.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 08-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #4

Name: Stephanie
Trailer: Bigfoot, Casita, Scamp
Louisiana
Hi Gene, I am located in New Orleans. But I am willing to drive a long distance as long as the axel on the camper could handle the drive. I would be very interested in the one with the bathroom. If you have any pictures please post or you can direct message me.

Thank you for the response Gene!
Old 08-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #5

Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Registry
First of all I am in North Dakota. We're about as far apart as we could get.
I have people ahead of you on that one but there's no guarantees on any of them. this model/size is hard to find. It is a Spirit Deluxe. I got them at an air base sealed bid sale. They were rentals used at the recreation agency on base. I've been fixing on them. I think it looks pretty good for it's age. My asking prices are as they are now. I would have no problem towing either one that far. However they both need new tires. If I keep working on them I'd probably ask more. The need new tires and I don't have propane tanks yet. If you send me a cell number and can except text pics I can send some. So far everything has been fixed and working. I still need to hook up water to check the water heater. I will pm my number. Check your messages on here.