Looking for a Casita 17 or Scamp 16 deluxe - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2015, 09:40 AM   #1

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Looking for a Casita 17 or Scamp 16 deluxe - Tennessee

Good morning, my wife and I are interested in either a Casita 17 or Scamp 16 deluxe model. Our tow vehicle will be a 2013 pathfinder (5000 lb tow capacity, 500 lb hitch weight). Our budget is around $10,000, and we would like a 2005 model or newer. Now if someone wants to sell us their Parkliner or Oliver for that price, we would probably not turn you down . Really the only must haves are a bathroom, AC and an awning. Neither of us is very handy, so want something in good shape. We are not ones that are willing to buy something sight un-seen, so would love to find something no more than a 4 or 5 hour drive from our middle Tennessee home so that we can come see it. Thanks

Old 05-26-2015, 08:53 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 16' Scamp
California
I'll be following the thread to see what others say. I suspect your budget is a bit low, but I think I overpaid for my 16' standard 2003 Scamp. It was not pristine, but in good condition, the price was $8,600. I bought it three months ago. I think specifying what you want is a great idea.

Old 05-27-2015, 06:41 AM   #3

Tennessee
We do have some flexibility on both the budget and the year, plus we have the luxury of time. While we would like to get a camper now and start using it, we are still about 10 years from retirement at this point. So the majority of our camping for now would be long weekends and such.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #4

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Escape Industries
Arizona
2013 Escape 17B Trailer for Sale

We are selling our 2013 Escape 17B trailer which has AC, awning, and bathroom with sink and shower. We tow the trailer easily with a Rav4 V6 with a 3500 lb towing capacity. The flexible 17B floor plan has two dinettes, each of which can be converted to beds. In addition to the standard 17B features, see Escape Trailer Industries €“ Chilliwack, British Columbia, ours includes many other factory features added by the original owner. In addition to those listed in the attached document, we are selling the trailer with the load distribution hitch and a 19" Samsung flat screen TV, which is ROKU-ready. You would only need to have a brake controller on the Pathfinder. Total mileage on the trailer is less than 10,000 and since we live in Arizona but are currently in Ashland, VA, we can attest to the ease in pulling and comfort in living in it throughout varying terrain and weather conditions. We are only selling it because we bought a Class A suitable for transporting a sick family member back to Arizona. For the total package including the hitch, we are asking around $16,000. USD
Attached Thumbnails
Anderson_Escape_17B.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Features_of_0ur_Escape_17B.txt (2.1 KB, 28 views)
Old 06-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #5

Tennessee
Lyle, I've been sitting here agonizing since I saw you're reply. I wasn't even looking at Escapes because they are almost never anywhere near us it seems, but I would really love to have one because I know how well built they are and that is a great offer. But while there is some flexibility in our budget, I just don't think we can stretch it quite that far. So I'm going to regretfully say that we will have to pass. I'm sure when you list it on the various fiberglass forums, you will find a buyer very quickly. Good luck to you.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:48 AM   #6

Tennessee
Would like to call you Lyle

Lyle, after talking to my wife, would like more pictures if possible as well as your contact info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Anderson View Post
We are selling our 2013 Escape 17B trailer which has AC, awning, and bathroom with sink and shower. We tow the trailer easily with a Rav4 V6 with a 3500 lb towing capacity. The flexible 17B floor plan has two dinettes, each of which can be converted to beds. In addition to the standard 17B features, see Escape Trailer Industries – Chilliwack, British Columbia, ours includes many other factory features added by the original owner. In addition to those listed in the attached document, we are selling the trailer with the load distribution hitch and a 19" Samsung flat screen TV, which is ROKU-ready. You would only need to have a brake controller on the Pathfinder. Total mileage on the trailer is less than 10,000 and since we live in Arizona but are currently in Ashland, VA, we can attest to the ease in pulling and comfort in living in it throughout varying terrain and weather conditions. We are only selling it because we bought a Class A suitable for transporting a sick family member back to Arizona. For the total package including the hitch, we are asking around $16,000. USD
Old 06-06-2015, 09:11 AM   #7

Name: Gail
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
North Carolina
Registry
Wondering if we could drive up and see it. We're in NC. Are you still in VA? We have been shopping, and this sounds nice. You could PM me and send your contact info. Thank you!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #8

Name: Gail
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
North Carolina
Registry
We could come today or tomorrow. Thanks.

Tags
casita, scamp