looking for a litehouse or Little joe - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-07-2014, 08:28 PM   #15

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Still looking for a little joe or lite house

So far I haven't had any luck finding one of these
Keep me in mind during your travels
Thanks in advance

Old 10-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #16

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Alan
I owned a Lighthouse for a while. It had the small I think 10" pop up trailer tires on it and a short LP tank. It had an icebox, sink and range top. It also had a small solar panel on the roof that did not work. For some reason I'm thinking only 77 were built. Mine was the only Lite House that I have seen east of the Mississippi.
As you well know you if you snooze you loose. I only see about one a year go up for sale. You need to be prepared to move on any trailer west of the Mississippi. At least that is where most of them are found. I will let you know if I see one go up for sale.
Eddie

Old 10-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #17

Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Looking for a litehouse or Little Joe

Eddie,
Thanks for keeping your eyes opened....I didn't know they were such a limited production...nor did I realize that they had 10" wheels....and having lost out on one a few months ago I'm very aware of the snooze you lose

Again thanks for keeping your eyes opened
Old 10-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #18

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Me thinks if you are retiring in what is now 3 months, that you might want to consider other options. What are your requirements that cause you to zero in on only the Litehouse/Little Joe.

BTW: Unless you have an unusual 8' high garage door, (most are 7') very few FGRV's will fit in a garage.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:03 PM   #19

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Southern California
Registry
I have a 1975 Hunter Compact that I would like to sell. I bought it to camp with my dog, but lost heart when he died. I have cleaned it up and replaced cushions, curtains, the PPP up surround (although it seems to have shrunk and I could only get my fingers to stretch s couple of the snaps for a picture). The city water faucet I was in the middle of replacing, so that is unfinished project. Also unfinished is the direct current electric. It has a heater that works really well, a little fridge/freezer that works very well (I think it is two way, but I used propane with it), a three burner stove that seems to have seen very little use but works well. It does have a tank and pump water system, but since I never used much water for camping, I just used bottled water. I was told it worked well. The padded walls are all original and in good shape, except in the closet. I covered the hole in the fabric with a piece of vinyl. I re-configured the bed/seating area to make a bed across the back so I did not have to make and remake the bed up daily. So I have a bed for 1 across the back and seating on either side, with a shelf unit for a night stand/end table. But there are extra boards to make the bed big enough for two people.

I carpeted the floor, cut a door in the side for the A/C electric wire to go through, since I did not like it going through the floor.

It does not leak. The top in the center area pops up to about 6'3". Since I and barely 5', I rarely ever put it up. The side windows have screens and there is a screen on the door. The picture window in the back (the center entry door is what I call the front, but it is actually at the rear of the unit) has a shade that protects the window or goes up to provide shade.

There are two propane tanks. Wheels are 15", I think.

I have pictures, if you are interested. The title is clear and in my possession. I pull it with my Jeep Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 10-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #20

Southern California
Registry
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413580168.001331.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	77779Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413580213.405137.jpg
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	77780Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1413580255.566182.jpg
Size:	218.4 KB
ID:	77781

Here are 3 photos. Let me know if you are interested. I am located in So. California.

Old 10-17-2014, 04:19 PM   #21

California
where are you located in so calif........and what are you asking for it
Old 10-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #22

Southern California
Registry
I'm asking $3500. I'm near Barstow, CA

Old 10-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #23

California
Darn...Today I just got back from working in Victorville.....I didn't see and mention of it but I know some of these had a bathroom...any chance this one does ?
Old 10-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #24

Southern California
Registry
looking for a litehouse or Little joe

No bathroom.

Today was the first time I put it anywhere on this site. I am trying to find my way about, within the site and saw your post.

I am asking that price, because as I searched for something, I kept missing out. They just don't stay on the market very long.

I almost bought a new Teardrop, out of frustration, (which are also hard to find, used), but this one came up and I could actually stand in it, sleep in it and not have to go outside to cook. The Teardrop was $4500.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #25

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
To Bath or Not to Bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Darn...Today I just got back from working in Victorville.....I didn't see and mention of it but I know some of these had a bathroom...any chance this one does ?
It looks like that Hunter has the two door storage closet where the bathroom is installed. One could easily install a Marine type toilet, as per SCAMP 13'ers in that location or make the bottom 1/4th onto a portapotty closet.

I actually removed the fixed bathroom from mine and replaced it with a Dometic SeaLand portapotty on a slide out track. The amount of storage space you get back is a windfall. Let me know if you would like to see pics of it before and after.

The Hunter bathroom was just the loo, no other facilities were included nor are they easily added, it was the smallest RV bathroom on the planet.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #26

Southern California
Registry

You are right. I have a porta-potty in there now. Not even sure if I ever used it. It fits on one side. I would rather not carry the extra weight of the black tank.

I think that was a contributing factor to not carrying about the water delivery system. Especially, when most often I would camp where city water was available. I mostly used my trailer as a bedroom, with fridge, heater, stove top, and lots of warmth and stand up comfort.

Old 10-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #27

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
How high is the interior with the top down? (I've always wondered.) I know you said 6'3" with it up.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #28

Southern California
Registry

I'm not sure. My grandchildren don't have to bend over inside, especially where the raiseable part is, but the area in the seating area might be about 5'4" or 6". My head never touches the roof in any area.

I forgot to say that I took out the table and use a tray table, if I need one inside.

Tags
little joe