Looking for a little joe trailer - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #15

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Anybody ?
Any leads ?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2015, 11:16 PM   #16

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Sorry, No.

Old 05-29-2015, 01:10 PM   #17

Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
I'm still looking
Anybody got any leads on one of these ?
Like I said earlier not really looking for new and not opposed to a fixer upper

Old 05-29-2015, 04:38 PM   #18

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1986 Bigfoot FT20
Michigan
Tried this search engine no luck.

SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more
Old 05-29-2015, 05:33 PM   #19

California
Thanks but I check that almost daily
Hoping someone might have heard about one or knows of one
Thanks again

Old 06-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #20

California
Anybody ?

Any leads ?

Still looking

Could even be a project one

Thanks in ad advance

Old 06-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #21

Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Louisiana
Registry
Got back a few days ago from a 19 day trip in the Little Joe, so I guess it's time I weighed in.

I've got to say, we were amazed at the number of folks who stopped by to see the Little Joe in Elkmont Campground, GSMNP. I lost count, but it was 20+ who came by asking about it, many considering downsizing, one guy from a 28 footer. For him going to the Little Joe would be like going cold turkey.

The Little Joe is well built, of quality materials and excellent fit and finish. For what it is, it's probably overbuilt, but as I have commented in other posts, I think the trailer is built for rough back country use.

The Little Joe is built from the original LiteHouse molds, which Weiscraft bought after LiteHouse went out of business. The LiteHouse was built on a boat trailer frame I believe, with typical light boat trailer size wheels, while the Little Joe is built on a welded 2x3 inch stee box beam chassis on a 3500 lb torsion axle, with 14 inch wheels. Regarding the LiteHouse molds, they have not been modified to remove the wheel wells, which takes up under bench storage space in the Little Joe. This is the only design problem I have with the trailer, and may address it at a later date. Thus far we have been fine with the available storage.

If anyone has done any cruising on a small sailboat, you will notice the similarity in layout, with the galley on either side of the entry and the bed up front (when made up). However, the queen size bed doesn’t have the characteristic V shape. When the bed is set up, floor space is at a premium, but there is enough room to pull the Porta Potty out from under the bed for use it at night and to do light cooking on the stove, or take a navy shower in the sink opposite.
The Lite House was advertised and labeled as the “Camper for Two’ and the Little Joe sure fits that description. It’s not for everybody, but we find it perfect for our needs.

Our trailer, with sink, 3 way reefer and two burner stove, 80 watts of amorphous solar on the roof, a Group 24 Deep Cycle battery, an 11 lb cylinder of LPG on the tongue, front mounted window AC and the water tank full, weighs out at 1760 lb loaded, with a 180 lb tongue weight.
The trailer pulls great with our 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5L with the CVT transmission. When towing we drop down to 20-21 mpg from our normal 30-31 mpg. I have added trailer brakes, and when stopping we hardly notice it’s there.

Contrary to a previous post, we did buy our Little Joe used, at somewhat more than half the price of new. It was two years old at the time. There was another member who found and bought one used recently. He was in Oregon as I recall.

Being from California, I’d say you have a better chance of finding one out west (we bought ours in Ft Worth from some people from Las Vegas), as Weiscraft’s production is relatively small, and most Little Joes are sold out that way. I know of only a couple East of the Mississippi.

It must be said that we travel with a 12 x 12 ft. Coleman canopy stowed neatly between the bench seats, and that’s where we spend the bulk of our time when camping.

If you have any specific questions, fire away.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #22

California
little joe trailer

Clif,
I really enjoyed reading your post.....and now more than ever I'm really interested in trying to find one of these.

So once again i'm throwing it out there
if you have one , know of one (regardless of condition) please keep me in mind......and Clif thanks again for the great writeup

Tags
little joe