Looking for a Scamp 5th wheel - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi
I have been planning on getting a new Scamp 5th wheel built. But I am interested in hearing about a Scamp 5th wheel or Escape 5th wheel in great condition.

I live in Lancaster, CA 93536 and would prefer to find one in California if at all possible, so that I can take a look at it. Not yet retired, time is an issue, so I would not want to travel outside of the state to see it.

My tow vehicle would be my Ford F150 V8 with tow package.

Opal

one_cranky_female(at)earthlink.net

Old 07-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #2

Opal, I found this in the Denver Craigslist

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/364262880.html

Colorado is not THAT far?

Maybe it will would for you
Jeanette

Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #3

Thank you. That looks like a good price. I'm willing to ask them some questions. But would rather not go that far to look. Problem is, I'd rather have one brand new and built to my specific desires and needs. But I would be willing to look at something used and reconsider if it is in real good condition. Especially after reading about people's mods. I think I could pull off some pretty decent modifications. I really don't want to go from state to state to do that since I'm not totally convinced that I will be willing to get a used one. Of course, buying new will require I wait longer than buying used. I'm about half way on the money for a new one, and want to pay cash. Too close to retirement to create debt. So, while waiting, I want to see if I can talk myself into used and get one sooner. So I figure that with this frame of mind , I'd better keep the search fairly close.
Opal

Quote:
Opal, I found this in the Denver Craigslist

http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/364262880.html

Colorado is not THAT far?

Maybe it will would for you
Jeanette
Old 07-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #4

Name: Weldon
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
Texas
Quote:
Hi
I have been planning on getting a new Scamp 5th wheel built. But I am interested in hearing about a Scamp 5th wheel or Escape 5th wheel in great condition.

I live in Lancaster, CA 93536 and would prefer to find one in California if at all possible, so that I can take a look at it. Not yet retired, time is an issue, so I would not want to travel outside of the state to see it.

Opal

Old 07-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #5

Name: Weldon
Trailer: Eggcamper 2007
Texas
Quote:
Hi

Opal

There are two scamp 5th wheels on ebay tonight !!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:44 PM   #6

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Problem is, I'd rather have one brand new and built to my specific desires and needs.

Of course, buying new will require I wait longer than buying used. I'm about half way on the money for a new one, and want to pay cash. Too close to retirement to create debt.

So, while waiting, I want to see[b] if I can talk myself into used and get one sooner.
I see that you know yourself; and are honest in your assessment.

I went through the same type of soul searching when I went through the process of purchasing my tow vehicle.

From my point of view, the wait for a new unit will look miniscule from the other side. Because my tow vehicle needs were so specific, it was worth my while to wait for "the stars to align" to make my wishes come true. This included (for me) going without owning a car for 6 months while I amassed the funds for the "right" vehicle.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #7

Unhappy

I couldn't find the two on ebay.

Opal

Quote:
There are two scamp 5th wheels on ebay tonight !!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:23 PM   #8

The best thing about the wait is that I have plenty of time to learn about all the things I want or need. When I first got the brochure, I checked everything off, wanting it all !! Then I started subtracting things as I started figuring out what doesn't have to come with it as I searched the web and stores for things I would take camping and what I knew would suit my needs better. And I read as many posts as possible from this forum and the one at Yahoo and learn all the things people are doing to their trailer and their experiences. And I'm learning more about my options. I don't want carpet. I can have linoleum floor and a backsplash. I don't know if I would have thought to ask Scamp about that. I have a feeling I'm going to wait to get exactly what I want on a nice, new one. But, I still what to see what's out there if something comes up.......just in case.

Opal

Quote:
I see that you know yourself; and are honest in your assessment.

I went through the same type of soul searching when I went through the process of purchasing my tow vehicle.

From my point of view, the wait for a new unit will look miniscule from the other side. Because my tow vehicle needs were so specific, it was worth my while to wait for "the stars to align" to make my wishes come true. This included (for me) going without owning a car for 6 months while I amassed the funds for the "right" vehicle.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #9

Name: Jaye
Trailer: Scamp
Maine
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to jaye580
Quote:
I couldn't find the two on ebay.

Opal

Here ya go: 330143076289 and 110145056331

I would so love to have the fifth wheel, but... I would have to trade the beloved Amigo for a truck and just can't bring myself to do it!
http://www.facebook.com/jayeded
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Here ya go: 330143076289 and 110145056331

I would so love to have the fifth wheel, but... I would have to trade the beloved Amigo for a truck and just can't bring myself to do it!
Thank you!

Nice pictures. Looks like they are in pretty good condition. But they are too far away. Bidding would be so much fun. But better not.

Opal
Old 07-08-2007, 07:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Custom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Edmund Alderman
Quote:
Thank you!

Nice pictures. Looks like they are in pretty good condition. But they are too far away. Bidding would be so much fun. But better not.

Opal
Hi Opal,

Did you get my reply about our 2005 Deluxe Scamp 5th wheel that is advertised in this forum under 5th wheels for sale? We could email you bigger pictures if you would like.

Edmund Alderman
aldse(at)frontiernet.net
Old 07-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #12

Cool

Quote:
Hi Opal,

Did you get my reply about our 2005 Deluxe Scamp 5th wheel that is advertised in this forum under 5th wheels for sale? We could email you bigger pictures if you would like.

Edmund Alderman
aldse(at)frontiernet.net
Hi!
Yours is the one that made me reconsider and at least entertain the idea of buying used instead of new. It looks like it's in great shape. I'll go back and check your response. I had been checking, but it took you a while, so I thought maybe you sold it and haven't checked for a little while. It's not the floor plan I wanted, but it looks very nice and taken care of. Please email me at one_cranky_female@earthlink.net. I want to hear more, and, yes send or post more pictures if you have them.

Tags
scamp