Looking for a used Escape 19 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Looking for a used Escape 19

My wife and I are looking for a used Escape 19. Since we are currently working oversea and will not return to the US, until Nov 2012, we are hoping to find someone that is enjoying their camper this summer, but want to sell before/early winter. We are willing to travel to see and purchase a trailer.

Of all the RV sites we have looked at, this is by far the best and most informative, thank you everyone for sharing.

captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
If any come up they are mostly likely to appear on the Escape Trailer forum first - If you have not already found it the for sale section can be found here

Good luck with your search. As the 19' has only been produced for a few years there is normally not a lot of them on the used market. That may change though if Escape starts producing this winter the new bigger trailer they are looking at making. When they started to make the 19' that was when for the first time we started to see more used 17's come onto the market as their owners upgraded to the 19'. You may get lucky and see the same happen with the 19'.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
good luck in your search, steve. carol has given you good advice.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:02 PM   #4
Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
Steve, the 19' has only been made since 2009. Consequently, hardly a 19' has ever come up. That said, we bought ours used (eight months old) but it was never on the market. Came across it by accident when we went to look at someone's 19' and they informed us a short time later that they intended to sell.

Perhaps someone will have some unusual circumstance that will cause them to sell their 19'. Not impossible that someone with a 19' would want a 21' for some reason, however, the 19' has a queen bed and the 21' will apparently have a full bed. The rash of 17's sold was no doubt due to the fact that the bed is much smaller than in the 19', as is the dinette.

You can easily see a 19' when you return. There are several in Texas.
Good luck!
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 19
Thanks for the replys and advice. I have been looking at many different sites including the Escape Forum site. I figure if I get the word out that someone maybe thinking of selling one, and their timing, as well as ours will match. My wife and I will be overseas until early Nov. so can't even think about buying until we return to the states.

My wife and I have looked at many different trailers and all in all the Escape 19 looks like it will fit out needs. The Queen bed is big enough, as we have slept on a queeen bed many times. Since we are both over 6' tall, headroom is of concern to us for comfort, and the Escape fit that need.

We are also thinking about traveling full time the first 9 months to a year, so want something that has good storage, a reasonable toilet, and workable kitchen. We also don't want to have to make the bed back into a dinette daily. My wife will still be working, partime on her computer, so would like a place to sit and work, when I want to lay down and watch TV.

If anyone has any ideas, thay are very welcome, and thank you all. I try to look at the "new posts" daily on this site.
captsteve2002 is offline   Reply With Quote