Looking for a used Oliver trailer. - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-04-2018, 08:59 PM   #1

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Looking for a used Oliver trailer.

Any suggestions on sources to find one is appreciated.

Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver 23, Ram Cummins
Smith Valley, Nevada
I found mine right here on FGRV.

Old 01-05-2018, 06:06 AM   #3

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Craigslist, various RV sites, various sites like RV TRADER, making a posting like you just did on various trailer sites - include Scamp Owners, Casita forums, Oliver forum, Bigfoot forum, Escape forum, etc.... Go to some rallies and ask around. Don't give up - they do come up for sale from time to time and sell very quickly for lots of money - have your finances in order (cash, home equity line of credit, etc...) ready to go or you will lose out. You could consider a new purchase with the required waiting time of several months - expect $50k on the low side.... you may just find that buying new is a better idea with warranty, service, used prices, time spent looking and losing out, etc... That is what I did with the Casita - pretty much the same situation but much more inventory used and prices a lot lower. I do not regret buying new and would do it again - it was very easy. The factory support, warranty etc... is very nice.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: 2015 Oliver 23, Ram Cummins
Smith Valley, Nevada
Buying new is OK because you get the exact list of features you want, but it is more expensive, you have to wait for months and you have to drive to Tennessee to get it. When you factor in the full retail price, the sales tax and the expense of the trip, the price is often much higher than for a used one.

Used Olivers don't sell instantly, like other brands, unless the price is low enough to make it a good deal. I got mine for thousands less than its original price and the original price was thousands less before the later price increase. So there was a double savings over buying new. Plus the cost savings of not having to go get it, but that is a big variable and may not help you if the used one is a long way off.

As far as the condition of the trailer goes, mine had almost no use and I could not see any difference from new. It was new.

If there were any warrantee issues, they will likely be found and fixed before you get the used one, and if not, Oliver is likely to take care of you anyway. That's the way they are.

The ideal situation is to find a used one with options that are close enough to what you think you want. A couple of the bigger items are solar and floor plan. Mine has a different floor plan that I thought I wanted, but now it's the one I would choose, so that worked out well. I didn't want solar and recommend you look carefully at that option. Mine does not have it and I'm glad. As far as interior floor color, outside trim color and minor items like that, any of the configurations are fine for the cost savings involved.

When I found my 2015, about a year and a half ago, I had the money, but not readily available as cash. So I just made the deal, gave them 10% to hold it for a week and then moved the money. To make it simple and because I wasn't in a big hurry, I wrote them a personal check and we waited until it cleared to do the transfer. I think they were surprised at how casual and easy I made it and we left as friends.

There are now somewhere around 270 Elite 2 units and they are being produced at a steady rate. You'll find a used one if you want to. There is even reason to think used is better as Oliver has had some growing pains and the 2015/2016 ones might be better in some ways.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:12 AM   #5

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
I agree with everything John said. I’m sure you will see a used Oliver come up for sale by summertime. Keep watching here, the Oliver forum and check in with the Oliver Sales Office.
I helped a local couple sell their new Elite 2 this past summer. It was less than 6 months old and had only been used for one trip. Another local couple, who had seen our trailer, purchased it.
Good luck! Mike
The Lonestar Oliver #135 | Ram 1500 5.7L
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver