Looking for an awning for my 13 foot boler - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #1

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1973 boler
British Columbia
Looking for an awning for my 13 foot boler

Hey All,

I had hoped to have an awning made but the person that was going to do it is unable to complete the task. Then the light bulb went off in my head to ask you fine folks.

Does anyone know where I could buy an awning (new or used) that would hold up in rainy (and I do mean rainy) Vancouver fall camping weather?

The awning bracket on the boler is about 7 feet. My boler is currently green and white. I am not super picky about colours...unless it would look silly. I just need to keep dry. Any leads?

Hope you are having a great camping season.

Maggie.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Shademaker makes a 7 foot bag awning, get the extra rafter for in the center. Another option we used was to put a shelterlogic peaked free standing canopy over the whole trailer. Got it from Northern Tool for a little over $100. Measures 10 X 10. We set up the canopy and back the trailer under, or if there are 4 people we would set it up and carry it over the trailer.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #3

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1973 boler
British Columbia
Super great info, Mary and Bob. I totally appreciate it. I never thought of using a canopy. That is a neat idea. Here, it can get monsoon wet....but if we let that stop us, we would never go camping!! I appreciate the tips. m:-)
Old 09-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #4

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Marti's Trailer Awnings makes awsnings for a lot of folks with older trailers on the west coast, including Canada. She does great work and makes some great looking awnings. If you have a friend she can ship it to across the line where you can pick it up it helps to keep the shipping costs down.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #5

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We used the Shelter Logic canopy while we were parked in one site for 3 months last winter. It not only kept the whole trailer dry (we had some leaking issues) but also kept the falling acorns from banging on the roof. The shelter logic is high enough that we could back the trailer under it, but it is heavy, takes up considerable space, and has lots of pieces to put together. We recently tried a 12 X 12 Coleman folding canopy ( easy up type) but it has to be lifted to get the trailer under. Nice coverage once the trailer is under but darkens it up too. That went back to Walmart. We now have a Shademaker bag awning, installed but not yet used on a camping trip. If the bag awning doesn't work out its back to the Shelterlogic canopy.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #6

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Marti made the awning for my 'Itty Bitty' canned ham at a very reasonable price. It's 7x7 with sides. In case your interested her web site is at Marti's Vintage Trailer Awnings . She's also making one for my 13' Burro.

Here's a pic of the awning for my Field and Stream (no longer have this trailer).

Tags
awning, boler