Looking for trailer - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-27-2014, 02:20 PM   #1
Name: Herb-in-FL
Trailer: looking to buy
Looking for trailer

WTB. used: Burro wide-body 17 ft, Escape trailer (BC Canada make), Bonair Oxygen, Casita, Egg, Fiber Stream, Parkliner, Bigfoot 17ft, (Boler type forms). (Basically I am looking for an excellent combination of low drag, aerodynamic form - low weight - and at a very attractive price. Having a toilet and shower is desirable. I am not in any rush, and trying to find one for sale, closer to the state of Florida.) Even unadvertised leads are appreciated. If you send me a note, I check the forum regularly, but not every day. Thank you.

Herb-in-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Herb have you looked on FiberglassRV4Sale.com?

FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #3
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Buying TIP #1 for Herb.... Ya gotta check every place, every day, twice if possible. Good buys, once posted, are often gone before sunset. Three of the Four FGRV's I bought in the past 4 years were bought on the same day they were posted....

Buying TIP #2 for Herb... Not being in a hurry right now means you will pay more as the earth tilts further south. Same unit prices on FGRV's can increase as much as 50% between February and June

Buying TIP #3 for Herb... Check the owners manual and know your tow vehicles maximum towing weight before you buy something you can't (or shouldn't) tow.

Buying TIP#4 for Herb..... Define Low Weight carefully, if you are pulling with less than a decent size 6 or 8 cylinder vehicle, 17's aren't light.....
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #4
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Herb take a look at the thread Trailer Weights in the Real World to get a good idea as to what fiberglass trailers of various brands and sizes loaded for camping (and in most cases little to no water in them) will actually weigh.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Originally Posted by Herb-in-FL View Post
WTB. used: Burro wide-body 17 ft, Escape trailer (BC Canada make), Bonair Oxygen, Casita, Egg, Fiber Stream, Parkliner, Bigfoot 17ft, (Boler type forms).....snip.....at a very attractive price.....more snipping....
"Very attractive price" meaning...what? If you're looking for bargains, this site is the wrong tree, barking-up-wise.

Everybody here thinks they've got Something Special and if for sale, the price will reflect that. My advice to you is to watch your local paper. You may be surprised to hear that there are many folks out there still who only want to get rid of something that's cluttering up their backyard...a lesson I learned all too painfully when I read the local paper a day late and missed out on a FREE Boler!

Read all about it at the following thread I posted about this dreadful experience:
FREE BOLER!....#@&#*...yesterday
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 AM   #6
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
I agree with Francesca. I am a bargain hunter, and other then parts, I don't think any one on this site would be in my price range. I use kijiji, kinda like Craigs list. Twice a day, at least. Weird, because if I buy a trailer now, my wife will kill me. For some reason, she thinks that six are enough.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote