Looking to Rent 13' Travel Trailer in Orange County, CA - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #1

Name: Brenda
Trailer: In the Market for 13' Camper
California
Hi there! We're looking to see if there is anyone in the Orange County, California area, who is willing to rent their 13' travel trailer to us this sumner. We are planning on going to Sequoia National Park around August 19th-23rd, 2013. It will be for two adults and our 8 year old boy, no pets.

I will look into insurance for something like this. We will clean the trailer before returning it And if it works out we'd be customers for a few more trips.

Thank you!

-Brenda

Old 06-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #2

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Try these guys: happiercamper trailer rentals in Los Angles California.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #3

California
Wow Tom...I would give you a big hug if I could. I had no idea they existed and I've been searching high and low and far and further. THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #4

California
Ohhhh but they are expensive booo hooooo.

Ok...i'm still open to a forum member willing to rent me theirs Just not at $125 per night. At $125 per night I would just get a hotel room

How about $50 per night
Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #5

Name: Derek
Trailer: 1973 boler 13', Earlton On
Ontario
Registry
I'm guessing $50 might be a little low. Perhaps this is a good place to open the discussion: what is the going rate for a nightly trailer rental?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #6

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face A little history on the subject...

... but you may not like what you read.

Would your loan out your egg?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-38213.html

Does Anyone Rent Eggs?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-rv-46103.html

Wanted to Rent a Fiberglass Camper in New England

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-57801.html

I don't think you're going to find any individuals willing to rent out their trailer.
Happiercamper trailer rentals in Los Angles California may be your best bet.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #7

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Popups rent out for about $500 a week here, but I was never able to find an egg rental (except Uhaul in 1985 -86). I ended up buying a UHaul and fielding endless questions where to rent one.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #8

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Where I work, we rent a tool. That tool costs about $5000, so kinda comparable. We rent it at $120/day. The reason for this is simple. Rental service is harsh service. People don't take care of rental stuff like it is their own. I am thinking of the cliché, "drive it like it is rented". I once rented an SUV in Grand Prairie, (on the oil and gas frontier in Alberta). I was the second person to rent it. It still had that new car smell. I rented the same SUV six months later. It had aged fast! So, replacement cost is worked into the rental. It would be pointless to rent a trailer otherwise.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #9

Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Where I work, we rent a tool. That tool costs about $5000, so kinda comparable. We rent it at $120/day. The reason for this is simple. Rental service is harsh service. People don't take care of rental stuff like it is their own. I am thinking of the cliché, "drive it like it is rented". I once rented an SUV in Grand Prairie, (on the oil and gas frontier in Alberta). I was the second person to rent it. It still had that new car smell. I rented the same SUV six months later. It had aged fast! So, replacement cost is worked into the rental. It would be pointless to rent a trailer otherwise.
The other part of the equation is that you are paying a premium to have something available when you want it. Many days a tool, trailer or car just sits on the lot and costs the owner money.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #10

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourpets View Post
What is the going rate for a nightly trailer rental?
I checked rental prices on several trailer rental companies here in San Diego. Nobody offers "eggs"; The smallest "stickie" solid wall travel trailer offered is 18', which is larger than you are looking for. 14' "Pop-up" tent trailers run around $90.00 per day with a 3 day minimum offseason. High season starts soon (June 15) and you have to add $40.00 to the daily rate and 1 day to the minimum rental period. Bottom Line: Minimum of $270 for 3 days until June 14, $520 for 4 days after that.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #11

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
You forgot to mention that they will likely ding you $500 to "clean" the unit when you return it, no matter what you did to clean it yourself.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
I saw T@B for rent this morning in Everett, WA. I think it was at Cruise America RV Rental. Not molded but about the right size. I think they are national so there may be ine down your way.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #13

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
Insurance as a rental would be extra, or might cause insurance carrier to not pay a damage claim.

The U-Hauls are pretty tough, but a lot of the older FGRV's are full of parts or materials that would be very difficult to repair or replace. While at the same time pretty easy to damage without meaning to. Ensolite, or window props on an old scamp come to mind. Those rare Bargman door latches would be another.. Even something silly like running the battery all the way down which shortens the life would be a headache for the owner.

My kids (two of whom handle driving a trailer better than I do) and are family can borrow. If the grandkids break something I'll deal with it. Everyone else Nope.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #14

California
Thank you Dave. Yes, the rental rate does make sense after factoring in the wear and tear and hoopla the rental company has to deal with. If I rented out my (non existent) 13' trailer I would probably take applications, take finger prints, run background checks and interview people first. Then I would welcome them to my exclusive fiberglass trailer club and charge a monthly membership fee lol.

Unless there is a (brave) person willing to rent their trailer to us, I guess we will be tenting it for a while longer until we find ourselves our very own.