Looking to upgrade from tent trailer... - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

Name: Jerry
Trailer: Desperately Seeking...
Oregon
Looking to upgrade from tent trailer...

Looking nationwide for a molded fiberglass trailer capable of sleeping at least 4.

Probably most interested in 16-17' Casitas with the couch/bunk option and side dinette or a Floor Plan 7 16' Scamp, but am willing to consider other makes and layouts.

I am in Oregon and can travel throughout the NW to buy, but will pay for shipping and the cost of a reputable escrow service to safeguard the right deal anywhere in the US.

We have cash in hand, but our budget probably restricts us to at least a 10yr old trailer.

Not looking for a project, but am skilled enough to consider the right kind of fixer upper.

Please help me enter the Fiverglass RV family: mtscapegoat (at) gmail (dot) com

Old 03-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #2

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 13
None
Welcome. Sounds like you understand that you can't take your time deciding once you find your trailer - they go quick. Cash in hand is good.

If you find something, post the details here and folks will help you decipher the wheat from the chaff.

Good Luck.

Old 03-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #3

Oregon
Thanks,

Yes, I already lost the perfect trailer I was, "First in line for..." according to the seller. I don't know how many prospective sellers look on the WTB board before they post a listing, but I'm hoping if anyone does, they see we are serious and interest in a safe and mutually beneficial transaction.

My sense is that egg camper owners see their trailers as almost a member of the family, and we intend to give someone's former baby a good new home.

-Jerry
Old 03-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #4

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtScapeGoat View Post
Looking nationwide for a molded fiberglass trailer capable of sleeping at least 4.
4 adults or 2 adults plus 2 kids? I can't say for all FG trailers, but front top bunk in Scamp can keep up to 100 pounds only. Also when the top bunk is set up, I can't get to the lower bunk. I'm short, 5'8" only. I removed the back rest/top bunk from my trailer and keeping it at the barn's attic. It's unusable to me in the trailer.
Old 03-16-2016, 05:55 PM   #5

Oregon
2 adults plus 1 kid (plus space for a friend or cousin to tag along). I realize the bunk isn't ideal and really only kid friendly.

This is the draw for units with a side dinette. We aren't against having a Lav, but space is a bit more of a priority.