My 16ft 1978 perris pacer fifth wheel - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #1

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Perris pacer
Wyoming
My 16ft 1978 perris pacer fifth wheel

I am selling my gutted 1978 perris pacer fifth wheel. I really dug into this thinking I was going to totally revamp it but I donít have enough experience or knowledge in carpentry or many of the things it entails. Iíve taken all the windows out to completely redo for some were leaking and have all the pieces but need some of the window channels but I have a lot of the brand new weather stripping, original glass. Took all the cabinet doors out and have a section of the lower cabinets and countertop in. but still have the cabinet doors which r in good shape and all the foam for cushions and appliances. So mainly itís a project for someone who knows anything about patching and making it dry. I stripped out most of the paneling, carpet so itís down to plywood and fiberglass. Will someone please help me sell it or get it to where itís sellable?!
Attached Thumbnails
26DCEC7C-4512-4A66-9163-A07421F66228.jpg   1333A97C-7667-41FD-960D-8E213EC62851.jpg  

9B92B373-42B4-4A7D-A2A0-FE8B100F6B3D.jpg   4BC19423-138D-494E-B4BC-C623FA8B5383.jpg  

Old 06-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19; 1977 Trillium 1300
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I am reminded of the Dave Ramsey quote: "to heck with the cheese, just let me out of the trap".

Take some great pictures, including the outside (both sides, front and rear, closeups of any damage). The pull behind FG trailer market seems to be stronger as you don't have to own a truck. Still, there are people seeking molded FG fifth wheels, and with a realistic/reasonable price, you will sell it.

I find Craigslist is the best option, as they let you put up 24 pictures (I think). Then post a link to your Craigslist ad so you don't have to keep putting up the same pictures again and again and again.

XS fifth wheel could be attractive so someone with a small truck, with Scamp at 19 foot and Escape well over 20 foot, you have a unique item there!

I think its sellable as is (low price). The cost to make it more valuable, particularly if you have to pay someone to do the work, will likely exceed any additional $$ you get for the trailer.

I'd also list it here (with a link to C/L ad) and on fiberglass RV for sale website.

When describing an item, be honest! But be sure to mention positives, whatever you know that works, age of tires, whatever. Its easy to get frustrated with the negatives and overlook such positives.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #3

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrifty bill View Post
I am reminded of the Dave Ramsey quote: "to heck with the cheese, just let me out of the trap".

Take some great pictures, including the outside (both sides, front and rear, closeups of any damage). The pull behind FG trailer market seems to be stronger as you don't have to own a truck. Still, there are people seeking molded FG fifth wheels, and with a realistic/reasonable price, you will sell it.

I find Craigslist is the best option, as they let you put up 24 pictures (I think). Then post a link to your Craigslist ad so you don't have to keep putting up the same pictures again and again and again.

XS fifth wheel could be attractive so someone with a small truck, with Scamp at 19 foot and Escape well over 20 foot, you have a unique item there!

I think its sellable as is (low price). The cost to make it more valuable, particularly if you have to pay someone to do the work, will likely exceed any additional $$ you get for the trailer.

I'd also list it here (with a link to C/L ad) and on fiberglass RV for sale website.

When describing an item, be honest! But be sure to mention positives, whatever you know that works, age of tires, whatever. Its easy to get frustrated with the negatives and overlook such positives.
Thank u so much for the advice!! Appreciate it so much!
Old 06-07-2018, 07:17 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
For some reason this landed in the trailer wanted section.

Good exterior pictures would be helpful. With the interior, I'd recommend moving out all the loose stuff. It's easier for buyers to imagine possibilities without the clutter. Take pictures from enough angles to give a sense of the original layout.

Sounds like an interesting project for the right person.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #5

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: Uhaul
Tennessee
Unfortunately this happens A LOT!

These trailers sure do come apart EASY however putting em back together is downright HARD!

One of the response's posted above mentioned my friend the financial counselor Dave Ramsey. I suggest you take what would be Dave's advice:

Pay your "Stupid Tax" NOW by cleaning up/out the trailer selling it in "AS IS CONDITION" for whatever you can get for it and get on with your life.

I previously always said "Half Finished Projects Go For Half Price"!

I was WRONG!

Now Days "Half Finished Projects Are Lucky To Sell For 25% of What You Have In Em". More and more folks now know or have personally experienced the "FUN" of putting back together an item somebody else took apart therefore to go down that road again for them to want that item it better be "Free or Almost Free To Good Home"!

Once again "I" also suggest you SELL THE TRAILER "AS IS" to another Dreamer, take your lumps and MOVE ON with your life!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #6

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
For some reason this landed in the trailer wanted section.

Good exterior pictures would be helpful. With the interior, I'd recommend moving out all the loose stuff. It's easier for buyers to imagine possibilities without the clutter. Take pictures from enough angles to give a sense of the original layout.

Sounds like an interesting project for the right person.
I think I got it posted now in the for sale but do t no how to delete it from the wanted posts!
Old 06-09-2018, 08:45 AM   #7

Wyoming
I now started a new thread in the for sale section and changed it to 17 ft. I thought it was 16. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #8

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: Uhaul
Tennessee
Request a moderator to move your original post to the correct section or delete the original post.

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"!
Old 06-09-2018, 04:33 PM   #9

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Scamp-Burro-?
FL
Hi, Do you have a price in mind.. Looks like a neat lil camper
Old 07-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #10

Name: Jeff
Trailer: in the market
Virginia
I may be interested. If I could see some exterior photos and get an idea about what you are asking I will give it some thought.

Tags
perris pacer