My autistic niece loves camping! - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-10-2015, 12:58 AM   #1
Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
My autistic niece loves camping!

The only time I see my austic niece totally peaceful is when we are camping. She loves the outdoors more than anything. Being in the wild gives her joy that thrills my heart. But, I am getting too old, and she is getting too big, for tent camping. At 55, the set-up and tear-down are killing me. And at 7, she is getting too big and too strong for me to contain during activities like fire building. I need a travel trailer for her safety and my sanity. I would prefer 17 feet as her typical 10 yr-old sister and a friend will usually be with us.

I need to pull with a mini SUV so need molded fiberglass. I am willing to redecorate it but serious renovations are beyond my skills. We can do without heat, A/C, or bathroom. I would take one with stove and fridge missing. I will drive anywhere to get it. I need a good $ deal! Help!! Sincerely, Lynn

Indiana Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Lynn, I am afraid that the best advise I can offer is look continuously, and when you find a good deal, jump on it fast. Typically, I am on the phone calling while on my way to the seller. Craig's List and Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers For Sale | Fiberglass RV's For Sale are good places to look.
I have bought six Trillium trailers. The most I paid is $3100 cdn. The least was $1350. This is not including the one I got for $100, but the roof is caved in on that one. It's a real fixer-upper.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:52 PM   #3
Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Lyn, Welcome to FGRV! Good luck with your hunt. David offers good advice. There is a classifieds listing here on FGRV. You can also use to scan multiple Craigs List listings near you (or further away as your fancy takes you.)
Also, on the molded fiberglass for sale page, you can look for those available in Canada. It is possible, and fairly painless, to bring one to the US from Canada.
Again, good luck and feel free to ask questions as you go along.
BTW, there is a Buyer's checklist in the documents section of this fgrv community.
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #4
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
BTW Lynn, If you see any in Alberta that interest you. PM me to let me know, I will go look and take pictures. I love shopping for trailers, even for other people.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 09:39 AM   #5
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
What kind of mini SUV and what's your tow limit? Can you set it up with room in the back for the ten year olds to sleep (or talk) all night?
Bobbie Mayer is online now   Reply With Quote