Need Small Trailer - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-02-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
Name: Richard
Trailer: Aliner
Need Small Trailer

Looking for a small trailer like a 13' Scamp or Classic Compact JR 13 that is less than 1500 lbs. Should sleep 2 and have some amenities such as sink, ice box/refrigerator, heater, lights and fan. Needs to seal well to keep dust out. A port-a-potty would be great. Sun shade would also be great. On-board water supply is needed.

SolarRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:42 PM   #2
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
See the thread Trailer Weights in the Real World as to what trailers you can expect to weigh under 1500lbs loaded.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 06:14 AM   #3
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
You might also provide a few clues as to what condition you can accept and your budget range.
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 08:48 AM   #4
Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Since you are in California and would have a better chance of finding one, may I recommend the Little Joe by Weiscraft in your list possibilities. Specs and floor plan here: Weis Craft Trailers - Little Joe Trailer Floor Plan and Specifications

This link will bring you directly to the downloadable spreadsheet from Trailer Weights in the Real World.

The first on his list is the Little Joe. It exceeds your max by 60 lbs, but shows that it is doable.

My Little Joe with full water tank loaded to go runs 1760 lb, as weighed on a commercial scale. We have a front mounted AC, a single Group 24 battery and an 11 lb propane tank. We have 80 watts of amorphous solar cells on the roof and carry our 12 x 12 ft canopy and our 2 camp chairs between the benches when on the road.

We are towing with a 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i with the CVT transmission.
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #5
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
The Compact Jr. will likely be lighter and will have a smaller frontal area for towing. If I only needed beds for two and had a very limited towing capacity, that would be my first choice.

The bed is bigger than a Scamp, and Compacts are often less expensive in similar condition (lack the "cute" factor, maybe, or name recognition?).
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #6
Name: Barbara
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Hi Richard,

I have a 1974 Perris Pacer for sale. I am in SF Bay Area. Please see my ad and let me know if you have any questions.

1976 Perris Pacer 10' Fiberglass Travel Trailer
Bbbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #7
Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
I have a 1981 Perris pacer for sale
Located in so calif
Pm if interested and want pics

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV

alan H is offline   Reply With Quote