NO LONGER NEEDED - 13' Fiberglass Rv wanted - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
At present I am awaiting the closing of the sale of a vacation home which will give me the extra money to buy what I am looking for... Please no adds or anything else here or sent to my email address.

I am interested in a 13' trailer in excellent condition. I am not sure what they cost. I am new to everything. Just want something small for me and occassionally my son to go camping with on short trips and maybe one or two very long ones. Price is important too. If I can buy a new one for only a few thousand more, then I will do that. I can wait. There is no rush. I/we can go camping next year or the year after... I live in Cleveland, Ohio and would prefer to find one close by but may be willing to travel to find/get one. Certainly if I go for the new Scamp that will mean a trip to MN...

Ok, thank you for your time.

David A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:11 PM   #2
Trailer: Scamp
Hi Dave
I have a 13' SCAMP for sale. I live in Columbus, Ohio. You can check out pictures and more information on the "For Sale" section of this forum, or I can email information to you directly, if you are interested.

Darcy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
Name: Kevin K
Trailer: 17' Casita
See it here
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hi, You might want to focus on a 13' with no bath (front couch option) if you want to have more sleeping options, more space and still lighter weight. The Tow vehicle you mentioned in your PM sounds like a very capable tow vehicle for a larger unit if you had a towing package. Many of the older units are in really good shape. Our 2006 16' does not look newer than our '96. My advice is to take a look at anything in your immediate area that will help you figure out what you really want. Good luck on that sale! Hope you can get out camping soon.
Dlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #5
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson

I bought this 2008 Ford Edge LTD, AWD vehicle with the towing package from a different dealer and was/am assured that this dealer has honest mechanics. [b]The max towing capacity is #3500 lbs GVWR. It has a smaller trailer hook up (?) I think, not sure what the size is. It looks smaller than the one I had on the Explorer.
It sounds like the Edge has a Class II receiver, and your Explorer had a Class III.
Hitch Selection Guide.

Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA

I think you will find with very minor research that NADA is a lousy source for pricing of our rigs.

The main reason is that it only takes into consideration units sold at dealers, and so few actually end up at dealers that the sampling is small. Not enough to get a real world idea of the one on one sales.. which 99.9% of these are.. including when they are new (No dealer network.. factory direct only) There are only a couple with dealers new.. and those are few and far between.

The best place to find typical pricing for fiberglass trailers is actually here on this website, or a perusal through recent ebay listings that have been completed will also tell part of the tale.

Our trailers are pretty much bullet proof due to the construction, so trying to compare a 10 year old glass rig with a 10 year old stick built one is apples to Oranges. The construction is totally different.. making them different in their durability and longevity.

Many units here are 30+ years old and still as structurally reliable as the day they were made.. the only comparison you can make to other rigs is to the standard equipment (Appliances, frame, propane tanks.. the list of typical items) Even our axles are different, for the majority of units.

Fiberglass trailers hold their value.. that's a fact.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Our 1996 trailer did not look any older than our 2006 trailer inside or out, nothing worn out just basic maintenance you do on everything you own. No different than owning a ''used home''. I think the older rigs I have seen are classics and very well cared for and maintained. Depends on how the unit was ''used''?

Dlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #8
Trailer: 1973 16 ft Amerigo
Send a message via Yahoo to sherry loving o
I have a 13' for sale in the Reno, NV area
sherry loving o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #9
Trailer: No Trailer Yet

No longer needed. My night driving (eyesight) has diminished. So that deep sixes the whole plan. Thank you to eveyone who posted and read this.

David A is offline   Reply With Quote