ParkLiner party of four - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2018, 01:12 PM   #1

Name: M
Trailer: In the market
Texas
ParkLiner party of four

We are looking for a gently used ParkLiner in Texas, New Mexico area.... really anywhere. 2016-2018 would be perfect! We need the bunk bed option for sure and the bigger air conditioner if possible. Please let me know if you or someone you know is looking to sell! Also had anyone had any major issues with their ParkLiners, would love to hear about that too!

Tturivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:59 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Two's Company, Four's a Crowd!

Rarer than hens' teeth with bunk beds. Don't recall ever seeing even one listed in the whole US. Not to say one won't pop up today, but you may find you need to expand your search radius and model year range and consider adding the bunk yourself. The factory may still have some information to help you, but the company is under new ownership as of c. 2017, and...

The 2018 Parkliner is a completely revamped model with double hull and reworked frame and door. I heard- not sure- that there may no longer be a bunk option. It seems to have gained a few pounds as well, taking it out of the 3500# towing class, and gone up in price significantly.

We are four, too, so I tend to notice trailers built for four. As you have figured out, it's a problem when you outgrow the weight-limited upper bunk on many models. We're close- our oldest is a 105# dancer- so we may make it to the empty nest before she outgrows the 120# upper bunk in our Scamp.

If it comes down to it, you could consider ways to reinforce the bunk on other models for a larger person. I can see a fairly unobtrusive way to do that on my Scamp. Also, the Escape 19 is a nice 4-person trailer without bunks and much more common than Parkliner. Some have optional upgraded insulation that make them easier to cool. Light for its size, but definitely a bigger trailer than the Parkliner.

A Google site search (bottom of the search menu) on "Parkliner issues" will turn up several long threads on air conditioning, battery, and tire rub problems affecting some model years. I'd guess most on the road eventually got fixed one way or another, with or without support from Parkliner, but the old threads will help you ask the right questions of potential sellers. By 2016 the major issues were resolved, but if you end up expanding your search to earlier units, you should be prepared.

Long-winded response, but I truly hope there is one out there waiting just for you!

Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #3

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York
Ours, they call it 2019 model came with the bunkbeds. We did not ask for them. They were in front closet of Parkliner, not assemble. Stored in house for new owners if we sell. Have not used A/C .
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
Ours, they call it 2019 model came with the bunkbeds. We did not ask for them. They were in front closet of Parkliner, not assemble. Stored in house for new owners if we sell. Have not used A/C .
Interesting. Rumor corrected. Thanks! Is it a wood frame, like the "old" Parkliner, or something different?
Old 05-24-2018, 04:25 AM   #5

New York
I have not put it together. it does bolt together ,looks sturdy. Comes with instructions for assembling. The bottom head board is cute,has trailer cut out.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:05 AM   #6

Arizona
Registry
Thanks, Ethan. For the life of me, I don't understand why Parkliner doesn't have an up-to-date website with complete product information for their new unit. It is what it is, I guess. Enjoy yours!
Old 05-24-2018, 12:26 PM   #7

Name: Paul
Trailer: Currently Shopping
New Mexico
Parkline website

I emailed them 2 weeks ago regarding their website and have not seen a response from them.

Take care everyone,
Paul
AD5SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 02:48 PM   #8

New York
They are not bringing people up to speed on changes, ect. We where told we would get older style windows, but ended up with frameless windows. If you can see one in person,thats the best. Some things will bother one person,but not another.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:07 PM   #9

Arizona
Registry
Seems like that's the business model now. Go to a dealer. If you like what you see, buy it. If not, move on. Just like the Nest. Just like most conventional trailers.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:06 PM   #10

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
If anyone is interested, we have a 2012 lightly used, greatly improved Parkliner with the bunk bed option and would be happy to discuss selling it. We love it, but will be retiring soon and looking at a 5th wheel Escape.

It has been kept under a Calmark cover (winters) and carport when we're home since we've owned it.

Sorry, no pics at work, all are on my home computer.

PM me if interested.

Frank

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner