Pulling the Trigger on Casita unless u have a 16/17ft for me fiberglass walls inside - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-27-2015, 12:50 AM   #1

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
Pulling the Trigger on Casita unless u have a 16/17ft for me fiberglass walls inside

After 15 months of shopping online, I am leaving tomorrow to pick up a 1999, 17 ft Casita. I am very excited that it has a goucho/bunk beds in the front and on the side. The three little girls and I can leave our beds in place and keep the big dinette set up as a table all the time. I am happy it is only 16 yrs old, has just been waxed on the outside and the stove and sink work (with new water lines.)

I am not thrilled that there is carpet on the walls inside as my autistic niece is messy. I originally thought I wanted aa 13 ft Burro due to fiberglass interior. My first rally showed me that we need begger than 13 ft, tho, and I have only seen one 16 ft Burro for sale in 15 mos. (The elephan skin is not an option cause my niece would rip that in a minute.)

I am also a bit disappointed that my new FGRV will not have a heater, A/C, roof fan, portopottty, awnning or fridge (It has an ice box) and the price seems a bit high to me at $6500 - in light of all I am going to need to buy, including a cover.

So, if you have a16 ft Burro, or other FGRV with fiberglass interior that you want to sell me, speak now or forever hold your egg!

Thanks, Lynn

LynnG@remax.net, 317-752-8622

Old 10-27-2015, 09:45 AM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: 13' 1973 Boler - tow/2017 Colorado Crew-Cab
Ontario
Registry
Sounds like you have finally located a great buy, for 'Lynn w Autistic kid'. I hope you'll make the accommodations you seek, so that your niece enjoys the experience too.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #3

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
$6500 for what you're getting, if it is, indeed truly in otherwise good shape, is a BARGAIN! I can't even tell you what it's like to find out that your "camp-ready" trailer has to be totally gutted for that kind of money!

Buy it, gradually make it yours, and it is to be hoped, enjoy it tremendously! All best to all of you!

Kai in Seattle
Old 10-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #4

Name: Brent
Trailer: Casita
California
I have a 2008 casita spirit deluxe in better than new condition I would sell for $15.500

New 15" tires and wheels, battery, awning, all the extras, in Southern California just thought I'd put it out there
Old 10-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Lyn, most of us probably thought our first molded fiberglass trailer was overpriced. I know I did, and I laugh at the thought now! It's actually the only piece of recreational equipment I have ever owned, as well as the only wheeled vehicle, that has appreciated in value since I bought it.

If the trailer is in good shape with no surprises, and if it meets your needs (approximately, anyway), then go for it and don't look back!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #6

Indiana
Thanks for the encouragement. I got to N. MI at 10:30 after driving 9 hours from Indy and saw the Casita. It looks great - like new. Feels really big inside since no cabinets over the front and side gouchos. Maybe a little low on storage but it sure feels roomier. The girls and I will be able to take Grama along sometimes. I can't imagine how that carpet on the walls is going to keep from getting dirty, especially on the door. I think I am going to go back in the morning and buy it. Why would Casita put an ice box in a camper with electricity in it? Is there a benefit I am not realizing to having an ice box rather than a fridge?
Old 10-28-2015, 02:31 AM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Lynn, the carpet on the walls are not going to be a problem. I've been around for a long time and I've never been able to walk on the wall. There are many ways to clean it if needed. I think you may find the carpet to be a non issue. I vacuum it once in a while. The walls and ceiling certainly won't be the same as the floor. The refer....the original buyer optioned for an ice box, it can be changed out. Many folks here use ice chests instead of a refer. Use it for a while, you may find it works fine for you. I don't have an LP heater for the same reason but do have a heat strip on the roof AC. Doesn't do much good for me as I boondock 99.9% of the time. From your description of this trailer it sure seems that this rig answers your wants for most things, sleeping and a bath. Glad you found it but do wonder why you didn't tow it home on the first trip. Glad you found one, happy camping.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #8

Indiana
I arrived in N. Michigan to see the camper at 10:30. I stayed at the local Motor Inn. Went back this morning and bought it. Tows like a dream. Forgot I had a camper back there. Sleeping in it for the first time tonight 1/2 way back to Indy.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 AM   #9

Name: Monte
Trailer: Perris Pacer
California
Registry
Congrats Lynn! Trust me, you got a great deal on this and you're going to love this trailer! I got a Casita this summer and took mine to the North Coast of California to go Ab diving. I love this little trailer and plan on keeping as long as I can. Now the fun begins!!! :-)
Old 10-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #10

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Wonderful, sounds perfect for you. You will be making tons of memories camping soon.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:26 PM   #11

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
brrrrrr MI this week was pretty darn cold, brave heater free woman you are congrats on your find.....many times i use a cooler vs fridge....since not very big anyhow, very excited for you!!

Tags
casita