Scamp fifth wheel wanted about $8,000 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Name: William
Trailer: curently shopping scamp fifth wheel
Scamp fifth wheel wanted about $8,000

SCAMP fifth wheel wanted for about $8000. We have the money waiting for you in the bank. I could pay more for a late model if needed but since we are elderly, do not need too fancy. We prefer to find one out west as we live in Oregon but willing to go wherever. Phone Darlene 971-570-5811

william chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Welcome to the group

As you are jumping in as the price season is about to peak, from my experience, you might be a bit tight for a 5th wheel Scamp unless you want to do a bit of work on it.

Right now the market is mostly Buyers hunting Sellers, rather than the opposite.

BTW: what will you be towing with? a) The Scamp hitch isn't the same as a usual 5th wheel hitch and, b) it has been discovered that some pick-ups have a side wall that's to high to clear the Scamp when turning.

Fill us in and Good Luck Hunting.

BTW: There will be a huge FGRV gathering July 17-20 in Brandon, OR (just south of Coos Bay). An excellent chance to look at all of the different FGRV's.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 PM   #3
Name: Cheryl
Trailer: In the market
we have one in tn. for sale. we have two different kinds of hitches, a slider and the one that came with the 5th wheel. call we can talk. 931980106two. Cheryl
Cheryl Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 03:01 PM   #4
Name: sheri
Trailer: 5th wheel scamp
we have a 1987 5TH WHEEL good shape, did some remodel to make it ours. No bathroom , we use porta potty, but there is a closet if you were so inclined to put one in. It has a new 110 fridge with separate freezer. Thinking maybe in the $4500 range, newer tires and spare. Needs cleaning and tlc, we got new trailer so no longer use this one and have anguished over selling because it's so much fun and lightweight. we are on Whidbey Island in Washington. contact us at our email address and we can send pictures and give you our phone number
quiltnscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #5
Name: Kenny
Trailer: 16' Standard
Peck Season

Bob Miller mentioned peak season looking for trailer could be hard to find, however last summer I wanted to try and sell mine to buy another. I had a 5th Scamp and thought that if I waited to sell at the end of the season people would not be as motivated to buy if it was to set all winter. So I put it up for sale in this forum and a nice couple from Georgia bought it. There is always someone out there looking and someone selling. It's all about if the moon aligns with Mars or whatever. I see two people have responded with what your looking for. Good luck and don't drag your feet too long. The fun of owning the camper is great. Like Bob says, do your home work to be sure your tow vehicle will accept the 5th wheel (goose neck) hitch, bed clearance and towing capacity.
Kenny in Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:45 PM   #6
Name: sheri
Trailer: 5th wheel scamp
I posted some pictures to my gallery, the truck is an overkill with this 2000lb trailer but it's what we have, don't even know shes there
quiltnscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Check out what's for sale on this page.
Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote