seeking an older 13' scamp - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-27-2017, 09:27 PM   #1

Name: Wenonah
Trailer: 13' Scamp
Ohio
seeking an older 13' scamp

Hello everyone, I have just purchased a vehicle to tow a small scamp. I am interested in a scamp without a toilet and with an air conditioner. I will travel to most of the US to pick up the RV. Any help or leads would be appreciated. I would like to stay in the 3,000- 6,000 range, hence no bathroom. Could do a cash sale.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
Wenonah,
Perhaps you are familiar with the YouTube videos by Bex Cat Herder. She has some excellent videos of her camping trips in her 13' Casita, also purchased as a used trailer. As a caution in your search for a used scamp, you might want to look at this one

Old 03-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #3

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2016 Honda Odyssey
Alabama
older Scamps for sale

Have you checked out
http://www.fiberglass- rv-4sale.com/scamp-trailers-for-sale ?

Good luck!
Tonie
Old 03-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenonah View Post
Hello everyone, I have just purchased a vehicle to tow a small scamp. I am interested in a scamp without a toilet and with an air conditioner. I will travel to most of the US to pick up the RV. Any help or leads would be appreciated. I would like to stay in the 3,000- 6,000 range, hence no bathroom. Could do a cash sale.
Hi Wenonah...if your reason for no toilet is price you might be surprised to find a unit with a bath in that range, although they are not common. But most of them that don't have baths can accommodate a porta pottie either under the front goucho, under the dinette or in the cabinet under the stove area. Be weary of craiglist, while there are lots of legitimate ones sold there there are also many scams for fbrvs also...with that said we got our Boler on craigslist out of southern Georgia for under $2K, granted it needed a lot of work, but we decided to do a new layout adding a bath which added considerably to the amount of work actually needed. But our Boler is one very unique unit, probably not another one like it. Anyway, good luck with your search.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trillium
Newfoundland & Labrador
Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	104432
Old 03-28-2017, 04:32 PM   #6

Name: Jack
Trailer: U-haul Vacationer
Tennessee
13" u-haul adventurer

I have the above trailer which I have partly restored. It is like the Scamp. I am outside Memphis Tn. If you are interested please advise and we can discuss. Jackmier
Old 03-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #7

Ohio
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDavidG View Post
Wenonah,
Perhaps you are familiar with the YouTube videos by Bex Cat Herder. She has some excellent videos of her camping trips in her 13' Casita, also purchased as a used trailer. As a caution in your search for a used scamp, you might want to look at this one
Old 03-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #8

Ohio
Thank you for your good wishes! I will be looking daily!
Old 03-28-2017, 04:41 PM   #9

Ohio
Thank you for the information about the restroom. The more I consider a black water tank, the less I feel like dealing with one! Slow and steady wins the race...
Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #10

Name: David
Trailer: 2014 13' Scamp -standard w/ front bunk
Vermont
Quote:
What a horrible experience! Thanks for the heads up. I will have to educate myself about what to look for as far as the frame and the axle go. I do indeed hope to find something wonderful. I may even try to find some sort of service to inspect one for me.
I've noticed some occasions on the forum when an experienced FGRV owner living near a trailer for sale has offered to visit the sale trailer and give it a preliminary look over for a member considering purchase but living at a distance. Might be worth asking if you find something of interest.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #11

Name: Joe
Trailer: Boler
Minnesota
6000 might be a little to low, but our trailer is for sale if you're looking. It is the renovated 1975 Boler in the for sale section. Listed at 10k. Has a camp (no flush) toilet.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:44 PM   #12

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Scamp
Kentucky
I have one. Send me a PM

Quote:
I have one. Send me a PM
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 PM   #13

Name: Sharon
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500
Wisconsin
If u r still looking we have a 1979 Trillium 4500 with no bathroom. No a/c but is a great little trailer!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:22 PM   #14

Name: Robert
Trailer: Perris Pacer
Colorado
Hi I have a beautiful, clean 1981 Perris Pacer (same as Scamp/ made by the brothers) price just reduced to $6000. EMail me at bobasaki at gmail dotcom if interested. I'm in Breckenridge CO.
Thanks and regards,
Bobby Parker

Tags
scamp