SoCal Family wants to "Go Fiberglass!" - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #1
Member
 
MarieN's Avatar
 
Trailer: 79 Apache Roamer (Trying to Buy an 'Egg')
Posts: 35
We are a family of 3 looking for an older (read that as less expensive!) Fiberglass "Egg" to travel and camp in. Since we really need a bathroom (we dry camp a lot) we re probably looking at a 16-17 footer. We also need the back of our pickup for bikes and stuff, so are not looking for a 5th Wheel. Other than those two things, we are not that picky. We can do minor repairs, re-cover and re-curtain faded upholstery and clean things up. I've seen Scamps, Casitas, Trilliums and Bigfoots on the Internet that all looked really good to me, but they were all too far away to go look at. If any of you are listing anything in California, Nevada, Arizona or Oregon, could you please let me know? Thanks!

I joined this forum because you all are so great and really know your stuff. When I was looking for a small, light travel trailer, I was originally looking at the older Airstreams because of the quality, but now I believe fiberglass is the way to go (unless I want to spend years of my life in restoration projects on expensive to begin with "fixer-upper" aluminum eggs!) So thanks for sharing your wisdom!
__________________

__________________
MarieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #2
Member
 
Josh Henderson's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 47
Where in So.Cal are you? Im close to Disneyland & Might know where a 13' tillium is..I think its for sale, Gotta check on it.. Its 13' so no bathroom though. Ill look around for you guys..... Any idea of your spending amount? Let me know. Josh In So.Cal
__________________

__________________
Josh Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 11:33 PM   #3
Member
 
MarieN's Avatar
 
Trailer: 79 Apache Roamer (Trying to Buy an 'Egg')
Posts: 35
Thanks Josh!! We are in the Ventura area, but my daughter would love any excuse to come down to Disneyland, even if her parents had to go look at a camper first

We'd really like to keep the cost between $1,500-5,000 which is why we are looking at ones over 10 years old, although there was this '96 Bigfoot up in Washington we would have gone up to the asking price of $6,500 for (it sold before we could even think of traveling up there).
__________________
MarieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 PM   #4
Member
 
Carol A.'s Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 2012 19' Escape
California
Posts: 90
Quote:
[b]Where in So.Cal are you? Im close to Disneyland & Might know where a 13' tillium is..I think its for sale, Gotta check on it.. Its 13' so no bathroom though. Ill look around for you guys..... Any idea of your spending amount? Let me know. Josh In So.Cal
Josh - any additional info on this trailer? - I might be interested...

thanks.
__________________
Carol A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:59 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Compact Jr
Posts: 7
Quote:
Josh - any additional info on this trailer? - I might be interested...

thanks.
Carol, i'm selling my Compact junior, if you are interested. I'm near Temecula.
__________________
George H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #6
Member
 
Josh Henderson's Avatar
 
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Posts: 47
Hi Carol..... The owner of the trill says he's gonna do something with it in a couple months but "check back in 6 months" to see if I change my mind... Sooo all I can do is wait.. Check out the compact Jr thats for sale in Temecula.... I love those FG Trailers... Ill post something when it comes up... Also WHere in So.Cal are you located?
Josh In So.Cal(close to Disneyland)
__________________
Josh Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
Member
 
MarieN's Avatar
 
Trailer: 79 Apache Roamer (Trying to Buy an 'Egg')
Posts: 35
Still looking, but now we are a little more picky (since I've looked at a couple with only 1 bed and no bathroom)....

This or something like it is the perfect layout for us. We need at least 2 beds that fit 2 adults and a child and a bathroom-if it came with a shower, even if it didn't work -that would be outstanding! (it would still be a clean, well drained place to bring in our solar powered water bag to wash off).

Scamp


Name:   scamp_layout_2_too.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  4.2 KB


Bigfoot


Name:   Bigfoot_25b175_Floorplan.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  3.8 KB
__________________
MarieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Arizona
Posts: 1,828
Marie,

That exact floorplan is showing up still in Craigslist in Loveland, CO but it has been up for a bit so not sure if it is still available, but looks like a very good buy.

16 Scamp
__________________
Owner:
Fiberglass-RV-4Sale.com
Scamp Owners International
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Posts: 25
Hi Marie,
I am currently looking for a 17 Casita Freedom. I Looked at one this weekend in Long Beach and actually had a agreement with the owner "Greg" to meet on Monday and exchange a cashier's check for the trailer, of course he called Sunday night with the news he has decided to keep the trailer and the deal is off. If however we do find one, then I will be selling my 1985 16' Scamp. It has quite a few extras and we are located in Ojai, a short trip... I will let you know if something comes up. Thanks.
__________________
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:10 AM   #10
Member
 
MarieN's Avatar
 
Trailer: 79 Apache Roamer (Trying to Buy an 'Egg')
Posts: 35
That Scamp sounds great! I wish I would have known you were looking for a Freedom earlier-2 weeks ago I looked at a gorgeous (spotlessly clean) 2001 Freedom Deluxe in Camarillo (I couldn't use it because we need some place to put our little one and the 2 Captain's Chairs just wouldn't work). I see on the ad that he sold it though.

Does your Scamp have the Bunk Bed/Couch option? Also does it have a bathroom/shower setup and hot water/water holding tanks? I have decided they are essential since we pretty much always dry camp (especially when we go out in the Black Rock Desert for a week-10 days in August) so they are at the top of my list. That is the main reason I'm not down in San Diego looking at the Scamp that was listed Tuesday right now!
__________________
MarieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Posts: 335
If Marie doesn't want it, I'd sure like to take a look at it! Thanks!

Quote:
Hi Marie,
I am currently looking for a 17 Casita Freedom. I Looked at one this weekend in Long Beach and actually had a agreement with the owner "Greg" to meet on Monday and exchange a cashier's check for the trailer, of course he called Sunday night with the news he has decided to keep the trailer and the deal is off. If however we do find one, then I will be selling my 1985 16' Scamp. It has quite a few extras and we are located in Ojai, a short trip... I will let you know if something comes up. Thanks.
__________________
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Scamp
Posts: 2
Quote:
We are a family of 3 looking for an older (read that as less expensive!) Fiberglass "Egg" to travel and camp in. Since we really need a bathroom (we dry camp a lot) we re probably looking at a 16-17 footer. We also need the back of our pickup for bikes and stuff, so are not looking for a 5th Wheel. Other than those two things, we are not that picky. We can do minor repairs, re-cover and re-curtain faded upholstery and clean things up. I've seen Scamps, Casitas, Trilliums and Bigfoots on the Internet that all looked really good to me, but they were all too far away to go look at. If any of you are listing anything in California, Nevada, Arizona or Oregon, could you please let me know? Thanks!

I joined this forum because you all are so great and really know your stuff. When I was looking for a small, light travel trailer, I was originally looking at the older Airstreams because of the quality, but now I believe fiberglass is the way to go (unless I want to spend years of my life in restoration projects on expensive to begin with "fixer-upper" aluminum eggs!) So thanks for sharing your wisdom!
Hi Marie,
I have a '92 16' Scamp w/ bath (toilet and showeras shown in one of your responses), all options I'm familiar with incl. A/C, screen door, TV, twin propane tanks, new battery, 2-spare tires etc. It's in really great shape and I'm asking $7,800. I'm located in Calimesa and my email is ghilder@verizon.net. I'm looking for a class C motorhome to accomodate my wife's health issues.
Gary
__________________

__________________
Gary Hilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 Custom Fiberglass teardrop"Real Kool" Dave Baston Referrals: Molded Fiberglass Trailers 1 06-07-2010 06:14 PM
Fiberglass Expanding Locking "Device" for Uhauls Lee Senn Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 5 10-06-2009 01:23 PM
INFO RE Fiberglass "Travel Lite" Trailers of Early 60s Don Cordier General Chat 4 07-23-2008 12:18 PM
new 77 scamp in the family "The Hatch" JRiefle General Chat 10 10-23-2006 11:48 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.