Socal: looking for a light travel trailer - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-11-2015, 08:00 PM   #29

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Join. Same owner as this forum.
Then ignore after you've looked at the page.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:28 PM   #30

Name: ric
Trailer: sprinter looking to tow something
California
Dave, I requested 5k lbs. I'll double check. Length was 16' not 20'. I'm assuming unfinished.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #31

California
He says around 3500 but not sure exactly. Its 8.5' by 16' size, requested 20 but I guess it would be too heavy. Capacity depends on axles, but its higher than I would need. No salted roads down here, so steel frame should last a good while. Still open to all three options, not in a rush.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:48 AM   #32

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
This is an Escape trailer that few have ever seen. It was up for sale late last year.
See post #25 at For Sale 2012 Escape Terrain (toy hauler) - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Just for your information and pleasure.
Its not fiberglass but its the result of what happens when someone just happens to own their own trailer manufacturing facility and has a love of toys & wants to go play with the in laws!

I dont believe that all that many have been built to date. There was a new one out at the factory early last spring that I had a chance to view.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:38 AM   #33

California
Having an interesting back and forth by email with a RVtrader dot com seller of a $2500 bigfoot. Free cross country delivery and they wish to be paid by amazon only. I told "her" that it is worth at least four times what she is asking but she insists that she sell it for $2500 shipped. :P
Old 05-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #34

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
STOP- SCAM-SCAM-SCAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp View Post
Having an interesting back and forth by email with a RVtrader dot com seller of a $2500 bigfoot. Free cross country delivery and they wish to be paid by amazon only. I told "her" that it is worth at least four times what she is asking but she insists that she sell it for $2500 shipped. :P
Did I mention that this is nothing less than a SCAM. Here's the red flags so far:
1. Price is ridiculously low
2. Amazon does not have a purchasing service
3. Sellers don't ship RV's, especially for free

Post on the site that it is a SCAMMER
If you enter the basic info into Google you will, no doubt, find it advertised in other geographic places as well.

Walk away
Old 05-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #35

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp View Post
You should send RVtrader.com a note asking them to flag it as a Scam.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:05 AM   #36

California
Bob, Thank you. The first message looked pretty legit, except for the price. 2nd one everything was suspect. If you go on the site and sort low to high on price you will see a lot of phoney ads.

I'd report it but its already been removed. I didn't know they had a report button.. Here are some more:

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2002...ries-114728836

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2001...50RK-114708673

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1998...ioga-114728811

I may have to email the sellers on these also! :P
Old 05-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #37

California
Yep,those are all obvious scams. The tip on the third one is the odd price, $2503?

The payback part is that many buyers that get suckered in on these actually think that they are about to rip off an unsuspecting seller who doesn't know the value of what they are selling. Karma will get you every time.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:31 PM   #38

California
One of a kind

http://images.craigslist.org/00U0U_g...pi_600x450.jpg

I wish I had the skills and time to consider this..
Old 05-14-2015, 06:40 PM   #39

California
So here is their schpeel in case anybody is interested. Seems like less care is given in forming each progressive message. I guess by now they figure the greed will override noticing details.

I'm assuming they use a phishing "amazon-ish" looking website. They emailed me a bunch of nice photos of a mint bigfoot also. Probably taken from this forum..

Quote:
Hello again,
You will pay just $2500 with the shipping process to your location included. Because I will pay just the truck gas for this shipping process to your location. I will try to explain here all the steps because first of all I have to tell you that I can't use the phone due the Marine Corps ship policy. Here on the ship, we have prohibited to use the phone. For that reason the number is not available! Please understand me,military life has many restrictions, is my job in the game! I hate the online transactions but this is my only chance to sell it. I don't have a life like yours here. Is not that simple. In this moment I'm at work in a mission in Caribbean Sea. As I said in the first email I work in a Marine Corps ship and I can't meet you or bring you the camper. I will be back home in 6 months! The camper is in perfect condition for a 2006 model(One Owner) Also always garaged. The shipping process to your location will be started in 24-48 hours after the payment will be done and provided. The camper is already at our Marine Corps Logistic Department created and ready to go. The Logistic Department will deliver the camper to your home. The camper will arrive to your location in 2-4 days. Since this is an online transaction I wanted the both of us to be safe so for this deal I am using Amazon , and that means that you have 7 days from the time you receive the camper to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not. Here is how it works:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to Amazon.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices.Your will make the payment to Amazon and the funds will be 100% insured by Amazon.
4. Amazon will contact me and I will ship the camper to you. After you receive the camper you will have 7 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the camper. If you will buy it, then I will receive the payment from Amazon. Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the camper and make sure everything is as agreed.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy it, Amazon will refund you and I will have the shipping company come pick up my camper but I hope you will love the camper.
If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.Sorry for the long email. I have tried to
touch all bases. I hope is not to much for you.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
14.JPG  
Old 05-14-2015, 06:50 PM   #40

California
Oooohh The "I am in the military" Scam... the true scum of the scammers.

I can't possibly see how anyone with a 4th grade education would fall for that offer just based on the vocabulary and spelling being used.

Although they usually manage to spell crated right, "It is created and ready to go" is a dead giveaway. Who would crate a trailer that big and why??? Yet they almost always use that as an excuse as to why it can't be seen at it's mysterious storage location.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:52 PM   #41

California
That part about being a marine or similar seems key to bringing their success percentage up to a workable level.

Still looking for a trailer. Budget creeping up every two weeks. Barring any unforeseen expenses anyway.. they do pop up don't they.

Lately find myself browsing fiberglass paneled class A 1985-1995 era motorhomes. Would have to be a 10+mpg capable, and I would sell or scrap my old leaky 5mpg class C.. Some of the older diesels fit in to my budget. Only problem would be if something important broke. Then I'd be up a creek.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:14 PM   #42

California
Anyone that tells you their Class "A" gas motorhome gets 10MPG or better belongs to the same group that posted the trailers for sale shown in post #36.

And after 10 years of age they are the #5 definition in the dictionary under "Money Pit". Thanks to a now ex, who had to have a "Real Motorhome", I had a 1989 Coachman for a very short time and learned that lesson quickly. They have to sell on price, because they sure can't sell on economy or quality.

Tags
light