Trade my Hybrid for a Fiberglass Trailer with Bathroom - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-16-2014, 08:37 AM   #15

Name: Kristi
Trailer: Waiting for Scamp 5th
Arizona
Thank you everyone. I will check into the WDH soon so I can enjoy the Keystone while I have it. It is still more trailer than I need. I use the bed in the dining area and don't even open the 2 side beds. But camping time is here. I will use it while I have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Cabana.jpg   Cabana8.jpg  

Cabana6.jpg  

Old 04-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #16
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiS View Post
Thank you everyone. I will check into the WDH soon so I can enjoy the Keystone while I have it.
Sounds good Kristi. The proper set up would make a night and day difference in the way the Keystone would tow. Please take the steps to make it right.
Personally I would not feel comfortable towing with your rig the way it is set up now.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #17

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I take it that you are using "Factory Dry Weight" as a weight reference for the Keystone.

I was involved in buying and outfitting an almost identical, Dutchman built, Coleman CTE171E last year, for a now ex-son-in-law, and the actual out the door weight was over 3300 lbs and, when we had it weighed when loaded for a family of 5, it came in over 4000 lbs, with over 440 lbs on the wd hitch.

In as much as his TV was a newer Suburban with factory towing kit, that wasn't a concern, but it suggests that your changing to an FGRV will result in a lot less weight, not to mention a significant reduction in frontal area, to tow around.

As you can see in our "real world" weights, factory weight figures are very difficult to get down to, esp. after loading, when they are only like last nights dreams, long forgotten. .
Old 04-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #18

Name: Kristi
Trailer: Waiting for Scamp 5th
Arizona
You are right Bob. I am actively searching for a fiberglass trailer. My fiance did not want one at first because of his height, but since we are having the towing issues he has decided that fiberglass is what we need. Too bad Alabama is so far from Tucson. There is what appears to be a great deal on a Trillium there that no one seems to be interested in.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #19

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Lack of Height issues in FGRV's are somewhat overrated. Think about how little time you spend inside and standing upright and you will see that it's not that big an issue except for the occasional "Bump".

But, at only 5'7" I have little room to talk. We can get by in our Hunter Compact-II without even raising the roof most of the time!