trailer in Alberta or B.C. - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-26-2006, 11:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Bonair
Hi - I've been doing some searching for a bit and have learned a LOT about fiberglass trailers. Had no idea there were more than the boler out there!

With our folks living in Vancouver area - we have to drive through the mountains. So we are looking for something that our areostar (sp?) can pull "easily".

Anyone know of a 17 foot boler, or anything similar in the 5,000 to 8,000 range in either Alberta or B.C.?

(wouldn't find it that easy to purchase through ebay or driving to the States to pick up something.... . would prefer to see it with my own two eyes...

Thanks!!

(and I've enjoyed reading the posts!!!)

Bernice

Old 04-27-2006, 02:12 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium
Hi
I have seen a 17 ft Boler for sale, for about the last month, near Salmon Arm/Sorrento area of BC. I think they wanted between 5 and 6 thousand for it. If you want I can look for it next time I pass by that way and get the phone number for you. Just let me know...Jo

Old 04-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Hi
I have seen a 17 ft Boler for sale, for about the last month, near Salmon Arm/Sorrento area of BC. I think they wanted between 5 and 6 thousand for it. If you want I can look for it next time I pass by that way and get the phone number for you. Just let me know...Jo

Sure! that would be great. We do have to pass through that way shortly!

Bernice
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #4

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
Sure! that would be great. We do have to pass through that way shortly!

Bernice
Here is a unique one listed on Kijiji for Calgary,

69 Regency

I've seen a few fiberglass out your way. Have you tried "boler ama" on the delphi groups or even RVtrader.ca or buysell.com?

Roy
Old 04-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #5

Trailer: Trillium
Quote:
Hi
I'll check it out and if it's still for sale I'll get you the phone #....Jo
Old 04-29-2006, 09:53 PM   #6

hi ...

We have scoured the RVTrader and buy and sell...plus searched on line. When a good one appears, it's gone in a flash! Missed a particularly good one this weekend.

Have our eye on one in B.C...but the owner says the fridge is out of ammonia (?) and isn't running cold enough. He says a dealer told him it could be refilled and once done would last for 4 years.

Anyone done this or heard of it? Is this reliable information?

other than the fridge this particular trailer looks to be in quite good condition at least from the pictures sent over email.

Thanks for your input!!

Bernice

(ps - I'll have a look at the 1969 - but that is older than we were hoping for).
Old 04-30-2006, 02:58 AM   #7

Ontario
Quote:
hi ...

We have scoured the RVTrader and buy and sell...plus searched on line. When a good one appears, it's gone in a flash! Missed a particularly good one this weekend.

Have our eye on one in B.C...but the owner says the fridge is out of ammonia (?) and isn't running cold enough. He says a dealer told him it could be refilled and once done would last for 4 years.

Anyone done this or heard of it? Is this reliable information?

other than the fridge this particular trailer looks to be in quite good condition at least from the pictures sent over email.

Thanks for your input!!

Bernice

(ps - I'll have a look at the 1969 - but that is older than we were hoping for).
RVtrader listings are posted Thursday nite to friday AM. I just missed out on a $800 Boler 2 hours from me. Checked @ 2 AM and seen some new listings before going to bed. Checked again first thing 8:30 AM and it was there. Called and it sold @ 7:30 AM.
Listing stated to call after 6 PM, I would not have had the audacity to call at 7:30 AM

There is a 13' Triple E on ebay in Edmonton.
Triple E

Roy
Old 04-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #8

Quote: Called and it sold @ 7:30 AM.
Listing stated to call after 6 PM, I would not have had the audacity to call at 7:30 AM

isnt that the truth. Sorry you missed it. I think it's hard to be a salesman on some of these things, and hard to be a buyer!!

13 foot is too small for us. We are a family of 5. We add a tent for the kids, or the mini van for two of them to sleep in if it gets too wet. We'd be a very close knit family in a 13 foot.

There are two 1978's 17 foots for sale in Calgary - a little old for us but maybe for you?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #9

Ontario
Quote:
Quote: Called and it sold @ 7:30 AM.

isnt that the truth. Sorry you missed it. I think it's hard to be a salesman on some of these things, and hard to be a buyer!!

13 foot is too small for us. We are a family of 5. We add a tent for the kids, or the mini van for two of them to sleep in if it gets too wet. We'd be a very close knit family in a 13 foot.

There are two 1978's 17 foots for sale in Calgary - a little old for us but maybe for you?
Bernice, have you checked Bolerama groups?

Toronto to Calgary is about 3600 KM or 2200 miles one way. It would have to be an exceptional deal for me to consider one that far away. Would you be able to check out some for me and store one till shipping or pick up could be arranged?

What's wrong with a 78? You can pick one up for much less than your budget and use the extra left over for upgrades and repairs.

Roy
Old 04-30-2006, 11:06 AM   #10

quote: Toronto to Calgary is about 3600 KM or 2200 miles one way. It would have to be an exceptional deal for me to consider one that far away. Would you be able to check out some for me and store one till shipping or pick up could be arranged?

Wish I could say yes to this request...but I don't think I could do that for you. Hard for someone else to pick out something like this for someone else. Agree that Ontario is a long way to come for one. I'd feel the same about one in Ontario. :-) I don't think either of these are an exceptional deal - but haven't really investigated them.

Hubby feels that 1978 is too old, so I need to go with the flow on that one.

Bernice