Trailer with bunk beds + bathroom wanted - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #1

Name: Sara
Trailer: Currently shopping
Texas
Trailer with bunk beds + bathroom wanted

We are looking for a trailer 16-17' to take our (very young!) kids camping. We would love to have bunk beds for them to sleep in. I understand this means we're looking for a Casita Spirit Deluxe with bunks or a Scamp 16' Floorplan 4. Pls message me if anyone has one to sell!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I believe Parkliner has bunks and a bath?

Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #3

Texas
Just looked at their site and they look really nice- thanks for the tip We would really like a used one for our first venture into trailer ownership. I'm not holding my breathe that I'll find a used one anytime soon!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Good luck on your search.
It's a big part of the adventure.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
there is a used one for sale in washington

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #6

Texas
Thanks for that! Have emailed the seller and I'm hoping that its not gone yet. How do you find the interior space on the Parkliner? A little worried 15' will feel much smaller than a 17' casita (for example). Also- anyone with suggestions on how to transport from WA to south TX, should we be able to get it? A 3 year old and an almost 2 year old mean the round trip is out of the question! Thanks again!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #7

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckabroad View Post
Thanks for that! Have emailed the seller and I'm hoping that its not gone yet. How do you find the interior space on the Parkliner? A little worried 15' will feel much smaller than a 17' casita (for example). Also- anyone with suggestions on how to transport from WA to south TX, should we be able to get it? A 3 year old and an almost 2 year old mean the round trip is out of the question! Thanks again!
I believe Parkliner's website has the specifications. The trailer living space is closer to 12' but it is wider than the Casita and makes better use of space. As far as pick up, perhaps you guys can meet midway like in UTAH?
Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #8

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I had 5 adults in it with me last saturday afternoon for about an hour warming up and talking... yeah lets face it, it's a 15', 12' shell, but Im ok with it. While camping your only going to spend so much time inside of it. I would add a 10x10 ez-up with sidewalls as an extra place to eat and hang out in if the weather is cruddy. Eventually as the kids get older stick them in a tent and keep the ParkLiner for yourself lol.

Thom is haveing his new ParkLiner delivered up into that area... his guy might be able to deliver it to you.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #9

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Sara, I have the floor plan 4 Scamp and have had 2 children camp with me a number of times. Works out well! The extra counter space in the kitchen is a bonus as well. A number of the used trailer ads will refer to them as a side bath model.

If you havent already found it Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale is a great place to start looking. Click on the sellers contact info link will usually take your to the original add and more photos.

2008 for sale in Minneapolis

1998 for sale in Altamount NY.

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote