Want: 13' trillium/ - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #1

Name: carrie
Trailer: in the market
New York
Want: 13' trillium/

hi everyone. I have gone through the rounds and have decided, on a 13' trillium. I am so sad to have passed up and offered too late on one that would have been great.
And now reaching out to you in case you have any leads.

Ultimately I want a 3 way fridge and run other needs of 12v (or eventually solar.) I will pull the front bunk out and make my dream dinette. (Oh I saw a beautiful 1980 trillium that had this and looked factory made!? Unfortunelty listing said Medford MASS, but was actually in Oregon - Too Far..

as for location,
- I am in NY, I will drive up to 10 hours.. but would love to drive less!

I would possibly drive to ontario for one. Let it be a real nice one though.

OK, wish me luck - thanks for your time.
Happy tails. and trails.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #2

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Most Trilliums that are 1979 and newer have either a front dinette, or what I refer to as an "almost dinette" front gaucho. That is, the seats are there, but where there would be a table, there is instead a piece of plywood that is screwed down. The plywood can be removed and a table added. Trillium uses a fibreglass back splash that is attached to the front wall of the trailer, (glued? Not sure) to mount the table to. That way they don't have to drill any holes in the shell of the trailer.

If you get an almost dinette Trillium, then I would go a similar way, or use a floor mounted pedestal for the table.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:32 PM   #3

Name: Anne
Trailer: Compact jr. 1974
Mass
13-ft, 1976 Trillium for sale in Mass.

Hello, I do have a 13 ft., 1976 Trillium for sale in Western Mass. It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it is in good shape. It has new tires, 2-burner propane stove, fridge cools, but needs tune up; heater works fine; all new LED lights on exterior, original interior light, very retro; regulator works fine; no leaks.
Photos to go up this week-end. Asking $5,500.
Rather than a dinette in front there is a "couch", with storage underneath. It was being hooked up for cable t.v., and there is new wiring for interior lighting, needs lights. There is spider cracking
on the exterior right front, and others here and there, but generally, the shell is in good shape. None of the cracks go through to the interior, just age. Insolite, foam layer of insulation, has pulled away from three corners. All of this so you know it is an older trailer, and so you have full disclosure.
Feel free to contact me through this site, and you can look for it on Craigslist this week-end in Western Mass.
Thank you. Anne
Old 05-22-2014, 08:12 PM   #4

Name: carrie
Trailer: in the market
New York
Thanks for the post 1979 tip, That is very helpful!. Yeah I 've seen, can see, you can just cut through the full couch body, but that pseudo dinette front gaucho. is just my entry point!
Hey you have 6 of these don't you ! Possibly I will roam to Canada, there are few in ontario and in montreal.. see what trip I want to take.

Can you also tell me then, with your trillium knowledge, some have ensolite and some have - Nothing? I had heard that it should have insulation, but when did the ensolite start, and not All have it or there are different kinds?
Old 05-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
All Trilliums were born with Ensolite, I think. I have visited unit #66, It has Ensolite that is just like the stuff on My most recent Trillium.

One of our members, Min, has unit #6. I will ask him if it has Ensolite.

Tags
trillium