Want something under 2,000lbs in N.E. - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #1

Name: Kathie
Trailer: U-HAUL VT16
upstate ny
Question Want something under 2,000lbs in N.E.

Hi, this is my first posting, hope I have put at the right place. I live in mid state NY. I am not married to a make or model but want something in decent condition within a 4-5 hr. drive. I just sold a 23 footerafter blowing an engine in one truck and a transmission in another. This has made my husband an unhappy camper. Thus the downside. A bath room is not important.
I have answered 5 adds so far and the only reply I have gotten is a scamer wanting me to send money thu ebay protection program- which doesn't exsist. Any ideas? Thought if sellers contacted me.......

Old 11-09-2010, 05:11 AM   #2

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
there's a 70's "lovebug" available in RI.....I'll try and find th guys number if youre interested.....Bruce

Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #3

upstate ny
Thanks Bruce. Just looked one up and they are cute, was thinking something newer but if it is maintained- why not?
Old 11-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #4

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbeale NY View Post
Thanks Bruce. Just looked one up and they are cute, was thinking something newer but if it is maintained- why not?
You're already thinking like a molded fiberglass trailer owner. It's not the age of the trailer that really matters, it's the maintenance that's been kept up!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 AM   #5

upstate ny
I hope so, just ran into another craigs list scam, thats two in 3 days Thanks Joe. Have not figured out how to reply to private posts yet...
Old 11-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #6

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
PM sent, open it here and hit "reply".
Old 11-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #7

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Quote:
I hope so, just ran into another craigs list scam, thats two in 3 days Thanks Joe. Have not figured out how to reply to private posts yet...
Your Welcome
Joe
Old 11-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #8

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Having grown up near Binghamton Ny (Small town of Deposit) I think this is fairly close to you
1985 13' Fiberglass Uhaul Camper Trailer - $3,800 - Alfred Station, NY
For sale, clean 1985 UHaul 13' travel trailer. This egg style camper only weighs 1260lbs. It is similar to scamp, casita, burro. You can move camper by hand lifting tongue. UHaul made these campers for only two years. It is rare to find one for sale. It’s fully fiberglass from roof to floor so you never have to worry about rot or water damage. So easy to clean too. I have a clear NY title.

Light weight, easy to pull. I am told a 4 cyl engine could pull this camper. It pulls like a dream. Tongue weight generally under 100 lbs. This little camper will sleep 3-4. It is 13’ to the tongue and has about a 10' x 6’2” wide space inside. It is double insulated. There is framework over the tongue for either a single propane tank/AC mount or a double propane holder. Camper will be sold with propane/AC mounting frames and one propane tank. Camper comes with covered spare tire and wheel (wheel is especially difficult to find and will not be sold separately.) Camper has been freshly painted. Tires in good condition. Side windows work. Lights and blinkers work. Bumper in back is strong enough to attach a bike rack. Leveling jacks in rear. Camper was stored in shed with wheels off the ground when not in use. Uses a 1 7/8’ ball. Trailer connects via a 7 contact trailer connector.

Stove and furnace run off the propane tank. Camper wiring runs on 110vac and has 12vdc hook up for battery power in rear that is charged off the solar panel. Batteries will also charge with electrical hookup and dc from pulling vehicle. Has 2 batteries and 2000 watt inverter (will run lights, computer and small items till the battery runs out). Furnace works, stove works. New curtains. Has 3 way refrigerator, a couple years old, that will run off ac, dc or propane.

Table breaks down into an almost queen bed. Couch folds up into bunk beds. Faucet was replaced and now can be used with 7g (I think) water tank or hooked to city water. There is an area for a porta potty. There is small closet with removable shelving. This little camper has tons of storage. Even on long vacations, I never fully utilizied all the storage for my family. There are still hookups for a swamp cooler (AC) but not sure if it works. We mounted an $80 AC on front of camper and ran hoses to windows. It worked great but we found we almost never used it. Just running the overhead vent worked just fine. Carpet is similar to outdoor carpeting, could probably be replaced. Cushions are good.

We still have original icebox front and that could be sold separately for those vintage collectors out there.

This has been a great camper for us. Kids almost raised and family vacation days are ending. Time to send this camper on to a new family. Hunters might really like this camper too. I am in southwestern Tier of NY state. We are about 2 hours south of Buffalo, 2 hours east of Erie, PA. Camper is at Alfred Station, NY minutes from I-86.

For more information please contact Clare at 607-968-9199 or email at clareshilling@yahoo.com
Old 11-10-2010, 11:52 AM   #9

upstate ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Having grown up near Binghamton Ny (Small town of Deposit) I think this is fairly close to you
1985 13' Fiberglass Uhaul Camper Trailer - $3,800 - Alfred Station, NY

For sale, clean 1985 UHaul 13' travel trailer. This egg style camper only weighs 1260lbs. It is similar to scamp, casita, burro. You can move camper by hand lifting tongue. UHaul made these campers for only two years. It is rare to find one for sale. It’s fully fiberglass from roof to floor so you never have to worry about rot or water damage. So easy to clean too. I have a clear NY title.

Light weight, easy to pull. I am told a 4 cyl engine could pull this camper. It pulls like a dream. Tongue weight generally under 100 lbs. This little camper will sleep 3-4. It is 13’ to the tongue and has about a 10' x 6’2” wide space inside. It is double insulated. There is framework over the tongue for either a single propane tank/AC mount or a double propane holder. Camper will be sold with propane/AC mounting frames and one propane tank. Camper comes with covered spare tire and wheel (wheel is especially difficult to find and will not be sold separately.) Camper has been freshly painted. Tires in good condition. Side windows work. Lights and blinkers work. Bumper in back is strong enough to attach a bike rack. Leveling jacks in rear. Camper was stored in shed with wheels off the ground when not in use. Uses a 1 7/8’ ball. Trailer connects via a 7 contact trailer connector.

Stove and furnace run off the propane tank. Camper wiring runs on 110vac and has 12vdc hook up for battery power in rear that is charged off the solar panel. Batteries will also charge with electrical hookup and dc from pulling vehicle. Has 2 batteries and 2000 watt inverter (will run lights, computer and small items till the battery runs out). Furnace works, stove works. New curtains. Has 3 way refrigerator, a couple years old, that will run off ac, dc or propane.

Table breaks down into an almost queen bed. Couch folds up into bunk beds. Faucet was replaced and now can be used with 7g (I think) water tank or hooked to city water. There is an area for a porta potty. There is small closet with removable shelving. This little camper has tons of storage. Even on long vacations, I never fully utilizied all the storage for my family. There are still hookups for a swamp cooler (AC) but not sure if it works. We mounted an $80 AC on front of camper and ran hoses to windows. It worked great but we found we almost never used it. Just running the overhead vent worked just fine. Carpet is similar to outdoor carpeting, could probably be replaced. Cushions are good.

We still have original icebox front and that could be sold separately for those vintage collectors out there.

This has been a great camper for us. Kids almost raised and family vacation days are ending. Time to send this camper on to a new family. Hunters might really like this camper too. I am in southwestern Tier of NY state. We are about 2 hours south of Buffalo, 2 hours east of Erie, PA. Camper is at Alfred Station, NY minutes from I-86.

For more information please contact Clare at 607-968-9199 or email at clareshilling@yahoo.com

Thanks, I did email and got no reply, will try again.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #10

upstate ny
I found my trailer from Mike on through this site! I will be the owner of his 86 U-Haul VT. YEAH!!
Old 11-20-2010, 07:15 AM   #11

Trailer: Casita
New River AZ
Quote:
I found my trailer from Mike on through this site! I will be the owner of his 86 U-Haul VT. YEAH!!
A U-Haul........ Nice Find
Show us Pics when u get a chance.
Joe

I just found Mikes for sale site and have to say that has got to be about one of the best cared for U-Haul's i have ever seen..... A Super Find. You must be thrilled
Old 11-20-2010, 08:46 AM   #12

upstate ny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
A U-Haul........ Nice Find
Show us Pics when u get a chance.
Joe

I just found Mikes for sale site and have to say that has got to be about one of the best cared for U-Haul's i have ever seen..... A Super Find. You must be thrilled
I am! Mike will deliver it after Thanksgiving and I can't wait to see it in person!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #13

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Quote:
I am! Mike will deliver it after Thanksgiving and I can't wait to see it in person!
Way to go Kathie, I'm glad everything worked out for you two.