wanted 13-16 ft fiberglass camper in arizonia - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Trailer: Scamp
wanted 13-16 ft fiberglass travel trailer in arizona

jerry hork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Trailer: Fiber Stream
wanted 13-16 ft fiberglass travel trailer in arizona
If you are willing to come to Northern California (between Sacramento and South Lake Tahoe), I have an early 1980's Fiberstream that is somewhat of a project. The shell is sound, as is the frame. All of the appliances except the furnace worked the last time we had it out. It has a solar charging system. They made the frames of these units a bit light, so we reinforced ours. A weight distributing hitch (the portion that connects to your 2in receiver) is included, as is an anti-sway dampener. We pulled this trailer with everything from a 4 cyl mini pickup to a V8 van.

When we bought it in 1985 it had a salvage title - I have no idea why. In 1988 we were involved in an accident that resulted in the Fiberstream being turned on it's side. Some cabinets were damaged and one corner was dented. We repaired it and used it for the next 20 years.

The cabinets are a bit rough and some have pulled away from the shell. The cushions need new foam, but the covers are good. The headliner has come loose and is gone - we were planning on painting the fiberglass.

The wife and I were at storage yesterday and just looking at it brought back a lot if memories. It seems like such a shame to scrap this unit - we would much rather sell it at a reasonable price and see it go to a good home.

Although the unit has problems and definitely needs work - but there is a lot that works and a lot that comes with it. We would be willing to let it go for $950.00 if we could avoid paying more than another month's storage. It you are interested, I can work on getting some pictures to you.

You can respond to me here or at vince[at]douloscomputer.com.

Vince Warde is offline   Reply With Quote