Wanted: 13' Boler in the Maritimes - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #1

Name: M
Trailer: 1977 13' trillium
Nova Scotia
Registry
Wanted: 13' Boler in the Maritimes

I am located in Halifax, Nova Scotia but willing to travel to PEI and New Brunswick.... Looking for a 13' Boler...any contacts or leads would be appreciated. I am willing to knock on doors...

Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Melanie, are you a member at the Bolerama forums? Perhaps you should become a member so you can check out the classifieds there... This is out of you looking area, but there's a 1973 13' available in Vermont for $3,500. Pictures in the message (Message 8784.1).

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:32 PM   #3

Nova Scotia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Melanie, are you a member at the Bolerama forums? Perhaps you should become a member so you can check out the classifieds there... This is out of you looking area, but there's a 1973 13' available in Vermont for $3,500. Pictures in the message (Message 8784.1).
Thanks Donna...I'll check it out.

I think we're going to take a risk on the 1977 Trillium 8 hours away...my husband is leaving at 4am tomorrow morning! It looks good in the photos and as much as I thought I was a die hard Boler fan...this little Trillium is really growing on me. I am hopeful I will be able to remove the vinyl flooring which has been glued down to expose the original fiberglass floor...add some bright fabric...shine up the outside...and use it until we find a Boler we just can't live without.

How risky is it not to check for liens first? Does anyone actually check for liens???

I'm also looking for advice on what to offer the seller...someone suggested 10-15% below asking. I don't want to offend him with a low ball offer...but I also want a good price.

Anyone?
Attached Thumbnails
spring_2011_079.jpg   5157603_20.jpg  

72307cb_20.jpg   DSCF3614.jpg  

37105l4_20.jpg   6631i50_20.jpg  

6279hmi_20.jpg  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #4

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
hi melanie... i cannot comment on this trailer, as i am one of those who bought new because i didn't have the knowledge on what to look for.....but if this trailer doesn't work out for you, i heard today, while camping these past 3 days at shubie campground in dartmouth, that there is a guy in caraquet, new brunswick---across from the village d'acadien, who buys and sells 13 foot fiberglass trailers----perhaps calling the village they might be able to give you his name---caraquet isn't THAT big a place that they wouldn't know him!!!! just a thought....and good luck.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #5

Nova Scotia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
hi melanie... i cannot comment on this trailer, as i am one of those who bought new because i didn't have the knowledge on what to look for.....but if this trailer doesn't work out for you, i heard today, while camping these past 3 days at shubie campground in dartmouth, that there is a guy in caraquet, new brunswick---across from the village d'acadien, who buys and sells 13 foot fiberglass trailers----perhaps calling the village they might be able to give you his name---caraquet isn't THAT big a place that they wouldn't know him!!!! just a thought....and good luck.
Theresa, Thanks for the information. I will definitely get in touch with him. My husband is on is way home from Quebec with a 1977 13' Trillium...he left at 4:30am this morning and will be home at midnight...I'm so excited to see it. However...we are still shopping for a Boler!

I talked to Joe about a new Trillium Outback...I am so tempted! I am sure we will spend as much $ maintaining and restoring an old camper than if we bought new. He seems great to work with...how was your experience? Do you have any tips for me if we decide to go for an Outback?

Here is our 'new' Trillium...
Attached Thumbnails
spring_2011_079.jpg   5157603_20.jpg  

Old 07-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #6

Name: Harvey
Trailer: 1972 Trillium
Nova Scotia
Registry
Melanie, that Trillium looks to be in great shape. I'm sue you'll enjoy it.

Harvey
Old 07-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #7

Nova Scotia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey9 View Post
Melanie, that Trillium looks to be in great shape. I'm sue you'll enjoy it.

Harvey
Thanks...it was well worth the drive to Quebec to get it.

We spent the weekend cleaning and it looks so good. I can't wait to go camping!

Tags
boler