Wanted: 13' Burro.... - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-27-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
Trailer: Burro
Well, the mourning period is over and it is time to get back on the (fiberglass) horse.

I spent this rainy, dreary evening with my sawz-all and a drill, slowly dismantling the fiberglass shell that was my beloved Burrito (would anything but a rainy day be fitting?). Unfortunately, the short battery life of a cordless reciprocal saw is going to make this a long process!!! I am not looking forward to this week. It is tough tearing apart my former home (for four months in the U.P.) and my former vacation condo. We spent many nights in locations that knock the socks off of any time share! So, it is time to start looking for another.

Unfortunately, finding a Burro isn't as easy as it seems. When discussing the destruction of my Burro with my insurance agent, they insisted on calling a local rv dealer to ask him the "value" of my Burro. "Irreplacable" he told them. When they kept insisting that he provide them with a "value", he yelled at them "Look....you can't replace this! This isn't just something you go out and buy!! It is irreplacable!!!" . How true.

This is why I am asking for your help. We received a small pittance from the insurance company, so we aren't looking for anything special. Heck, my old one was a moldy, nasty, leaking shell that was being used as a shed. I don't mind fixing one up, as long as there isn't much fiberglass work, and as long as the axle, wheels, etc. are in decent order.

Please, if you find a 13' Burro for sale, drop me a note or post to this thread. I would prefer something east of the Rockies (I live in Michigan). As long as I don't offend anyone, I will occasionally "bump" this thread to keep it fresh.

Thanks for your help,

After I finish tearing the bugger apart, I will take an inventory and post it in case anyone is interested in our recoverable spare parts.
Jim Gallie is offline   Reply With Quote