Wanted - 13' or 16' Scamp (or similar) - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #1

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Wanted - 13' or 16' Scamp (or similar)

Hello,

We are looking for a 13 or 16 foot Scamp or something similar (Trillium, etc) to purchase that we can tow with our Subaru Forester. We'd rather something a bit newer, but are open to anything that is in good condition. We'd also rather not have a bathroom/shower, but it's not a deal breaker on a 16'.

We are located in Pennsylvania and would love to find something close by but are willing & ready to travel and purchase one that is in good condition and fairly priced.

Please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Best,

Michael

Old 11-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #2

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Burro
Florida
13' Burro for sale

Hi Michael:
I have an older 13' Burro with brakes that is well used, well cared for, and well loved. It has been renovated with new tires, flooring, curtains, and cushions. The gelcoat has some crazing in one area that has existed since its first week. I am looking for $3000. If you are interested I will take some photos for you.

I live in beautiful Naples, Florida. A winter road trip out of Wisconsin might be not a bad idea.
Lynn

Old 11-20-2015, 01:08 PM   #3

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
First you need to look in your owners manual and see what the towing weight and tongue weight limits are specified. 16's almost always seem to go well north of 2000-2400 lbs. Here's a listing of typical FGRV weights:
Trailer Weights in the Real World

AND BTW: While there are aftermarket hitches available that seem to state that you can tow above the vehicles limit, those specifications are for the hitch itself, not the vehicle to which it is attached. There is nothing you can do to your Subaru to raise the number that's in the owners manual. Pay careful attention to tongue weights.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:21 PM   #4

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Burro
Florida
Good advice Mr. Miller, especially for the 16' deal. The Burro I mentioned in the earlier post was sucessfully towed cross-country with even the old Toyota Starlet, as well as other small vehicles.
Lynn
Old 11-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: In the market
Pennsylvania
Davisoly - PM Sent!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:21 PM   #6

Name: Marty
Trailer: Scamp
New York
1977 scamp

My uncle has a 1977 Scamp that I just posted for him. You can see pics on Buffalo, New York Craigslist. He is in Collins, New York. Call 716 440 3651
Old 12-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #7

Name: Jim
California
Hi-
We're putting our scamp 13 on the market. You can search FiberglassRv (this site) under: [2010 13' Remodel - before and after shots ] to see the inside. Everything is in perfect order inside and out. Let me know if you have any interest.
Jim
Old 12-16-2015, 06:49 PM   #8

Name: Jim
California
Heres the link
2010 13' Remodel - before and after shots

Tags
scamp