Wanted 13' Scamp w/bathroom - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #1

Name: Abby
Trailer: in the market for 13' Scamp w/bathroom
Minnesota
Wanted 13' Scamp w/bathroom

First-time owner looking for 13' Scamp w/bathroom.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Hi Abby and welcome to the group.

Have you been inside a 13' Scamp w/front bath? They are very cramped and you invariably will be converting the bed/dinette back and forth a lot.
We sold our 13 Scamp w/front bath because of the limited floor space and bought a 13' BigFoot (egg) without a front bath and were a lot happier with it.

BTW: What will you be towing with?

Happy Hunting And ask lots of questions.

Old 03-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #3

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post

Have you been inside a 13' Scamp w/front bath? They are very cramped and you invariably will be converting the bed/dinette back and forth a lot.
We sold our 13 Scamp w/front bath because of the limited floor space and bought a 13' BigFoot (egg) without a front bath and were a lot happier with it.

Of course there is a counterpoint...
We've had our Scamp13D front bath for almost eleven years, 70,000 miles and hundreds of nights.
We would NOT trade it for ANY other trailer on the market!
I would rather replace the kitchen with a "cooler bench" than to go without a shower or toilet for weeks on end!
Old 03-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #4

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
On the other hand Abby, we bought a new 13' SCamp with bath and LOVE it and wouldnt be without the bath! Yes we convert the bed but sometimes when we're going to be out all day...or live outside etc, we leave the bed down. I was raised converting the table to a bed and vice-versa so it's not a bother.

IF and when it gets too cramped, I wont be buying another 13' but will step on up. I LOVED the layout the other day I saw on here with the 16' with the side bath and dinette up front. Leave the bed down, you still have the bath AND a full-time dinette.

You just have to decide what you want. A RALLY is THE best place to look at different models and talk with the owners. I WOULD prefer the larger 54" bed now available in the 13' Scamps. It wasnt available in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post

Old 03-09-2015, 06:16 PM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
As you can see, there are opinions and opinions so it's important that you actually see and experience one before buying.

But, rest assured, those with the non-bath models don't go weeks on end without a bathroom or a shower, we apparently do something different, we venture outside our trailers.... usually daily..... LOLOLOL
Old 03-09-2015, 10:33 PM   #6

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Here is a 2012 near Joplin MO. Scamp 13 foot camper
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:23 PM   #7

Minnesota
Thank you all for the good and speedy advice. It is terrific to have the resource of this forum, being an RV first-timer, but enthusiastic enough for fifty 20-year-olds. I'll be traveling with only 2 cats, and hopefully to some quiet places, so a 13' w/plumbing sounds like a good fit at this stage. I'll be pulling with a 6-c 1998 Nissan Pathfinder (in great motor shape). Thank you again for the great feedback, and please keep me in mind if you have, or hear of, a 13' Scamp for sale.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #8

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Do you have a budget range in mind?
Old 03-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #9

Minnesota
As little as possible and still get a good unit. 7K max.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #10

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Abby
Floyd knows the exact year but Scamp did not put a shower in the Std 13 until around 2008 and with the shower you get a greywater tank and WH. Prior to the shower in the std. you only got the commode and the water heater and grey water tank was a seperate option. For $7K you will probably be looking at a trailer W/O shower unless you find an older delux. Good luck on your search.
Eddie
Old 03-12-2015, 08:25 AM   #11

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
I have to agree with Eddie. For a model with that much on it, you're going to have to settle (I would think) for an older model. But if the showers doesnt go back beyond '08, good luck with the 7K. IF you find one for that, it's probably going to require some additional investment to bring it to your liking.

For example, I have a '10 "Standard" with the bath/shower/sink, no furnace, has awning, fridge, roof-mount A/C, screen door and lotsa lil mods. It may not sell for this, but I wouldnt start it on the market for a penny less than $12K right now as it's in "new" condition. (It's not for sell btw!).

If I read correctly the other day, I believe this same unit now (fairly loaded) is selling new in the $15K range! Just some things to ponder.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Abby, you might want to keep an eye out for a Casita Patriot Deluxe as well. Same size and layout as a 13' Scamp with bath.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #13

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana

it is easyer to find a 16 ft with bath knot much more weight ? three more ft and a dinette
Old 03-12-2015, 11:56 AM   #14

Minnesota
Thanks for the info re: the shower option. I (of course) had no idea that it was not added until 2008. I will indeed rethink things. Toilet is a must but the shower is not. I'm open to all ideas and suggestions.

Tags
scamp