Wanted 13' Scamp with Bathroom - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #1

Wanted 13' Scamp with Bathroom

I am looking for a 13' Scamp with a bathroom in good shape. I plan on doing some longer vacations in it so it will be my tiny home for a few months at a time. I am in Wisconsin, will travel for the right 'scamper camper'. I can't afford new, between 5000 and 7000 is the range I'm looking in for the condition and features I want. Please contact me @ dbacon910@yahoo.com.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #2

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
I may be wrong, but I personally dont believe you're going to find a 2008 + (Year of the start of manufacturing 13' Scamp with the front bathroom if I'm not mistaken) for 2-5K$ in "good shape". I have a 2010 with front bath and right now wouldnt even put it on the market just for kicks at 10k$! Also I believe I read where the new 13' Scamp Standards with baths and pretty much loaded are going for around $15K.

Hang in there as you never know who may just be needing to get rid of theirs quickly. But with Spring coming on, it will get a little more difficult to find one as it becomes the seller's market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon910 View Post
I am looking for a 13' Scamp with a bathroom in good shape. I plan on doing some longer vacations in it so it will be my tiny home for a few months at a time. I am in Wisconsin, will travel for the right 'scamper camper'. I can't afford new, tining between 2000 and 5000 is the range I'm looking in for the condition and features I want. Please contact me @ dbacon910@yahoo.com.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:47 PM   #3

Thanks Darral T. I didn't realize 2008 was the first year with bathrooms. I agree that I may have to up my budget then.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM   #4

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
You can get older ones with just the toilet if you don't care about the shower.
Also if you look for an earlier 13 deluxe some of them have both just not as common.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #5

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
So it was 2008 on the shower? If Floyd checks in, he's the walking Scamp "History" book and will know ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
You can get older ones with just the toilet if you don't care about the shower.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #6

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
There may be some confusion for the O.P.

A 13' Scamp with a "Bathroom" may or may not have a shower and/or a sink.
The standard bathroom only included a loo, don't assume that it will have a shower. That takes adding not only the waterproof surround, but a water heater, a pressure pump, a gray holding tank and all the associated plumbing that isn't included with a basic bathroom option.

BUT... be careful what you wish for.... While many owners are perfectly happy with the space utilization in a 13' with the bathroom, others , including moi, have sold 13' front bath Scamps simply because we felt that there was no place to be without making up and taking down the bed each and every day.

BTW: What will you be towing with? The front bath models are a lot heavier than they look, especially on tongue weight.

Tags
scamp