Hi all -
Our '83 Burro
project is turning out to be a much, much bigger project than we hoped for. Long story short -- we're looking at a full-floor replacement.
Worst case scenarios are never fun.
After much hand-wringing we've decided to get a second egg and keep working on the Burro
as a longer-term restoration project. I thought I'd post what we're looking for in case anyone has something that might work. Really appreciate any leads.
What we're looking for:
- 13' (16' or 17'ers are OK, but I would really like a 13')
- Two beds (1 kid + 2 adults)
- Everyone says this, but it has to be in excellent shape. We have one project already!
- Top of the "nice to have" list: A/C, brakes
, hard surface flooring, something 'interesting' (unusual model, vintage rehab)
- Near to Minneapolis area (1 day's RT drive) - not in much of a position to travel further in the next couple of months
For pricing - it really, really depends on condition, year, amenities. I anticipate spending in the $3k-$8k range. We just viewed a pristine, loaded '04 Scamp
13' for $7k that we would have bought in a second if it didn't have a bathroom -- basically, I'm still dreaming of that camper and wish I could find the exact same one with a gaucho bed. But of course, we don't live in the ideal world and I can't just order up a used trailer with perfect specs, so let me know what you have and we will consider it. And if you are hankering to redo a Burro
and have something for trade, I might consider that too.