Wanted: 13' U-Haul/Burro Project in Texas - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-19-2012, 01:55 AM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13'
Texas
Wanted: 13' U-Haul/Burro Project in Texas

Hi All,

I'm searching for a project camper. I'm looking for something in the $1000-$1500 range. I've built and restored boats, so I'm comfortable working with fiberglass. I can repair holes, cracks, and spider webbing in fiberglass. I'd like to find a camper with strong frame, as I'm not proficient at welding yet.

I'd love to find a Burro or a U-Haul fiberglass camper in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, etc. that needs some TLC.

If you have one, then please contact me so we can discuss what you have. I'm hoping to have a camper complete for a Christmas vacation my girlfriend and I have planned for Big Bend this year. We're hoping to camp instead of staying in motels again.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 06-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #2

Name: Lanny
Trailer: 77 Trillium 13 ft
Texas
I'll guess you're in NE Texas. I have a '77 Trillium that I am ready to put on the market. While it is not perfect, it is certainly not a "project". I only say that because it will bring more than you have indicated you would like to spend. But, it is close, it is nice, and it will save you a lot of time. Let me know if you would like more info. I plan to have pics and post it here and/or on ebay before the middle of July.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #3

Texas
Hi Lanny,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny Milton View Post
I'll guess you're in NE Texas. I have a '77 Trillium that I am ready to put on the market.
Actually, I'm in the Houston area, but we're willing to drive for the right camper. We're currently trying to close a deal in Oklahoma on a Burro that we *REALLY* want.

I will let you know as soon as I know something about the other camper. I'm hoping to hear something about the other camper this week. I do appreciate you posting.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #4

Texas
Hi All,

Well, the owner of the Burro I was talking with decided not to sell, so I'm still searching.

I now have $2200 for a 13' egg camper. First preference is Burro/Uhaul, but I'll entertain all others. Please contact me if you have something that you're looking to sell.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #5

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Sorry about that. I understand your preference; we began with a 13' Burro and then advanced to a 16' Uhaul VT.

Good luck!

CindyL
Old 06-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #6

Texas
Hi Cindy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Sorry about that. I understand your preference; we began with a 13' Burro and then advanced to a 16' Uhaul VT.
Thanks Cindy. We'll keep searching.

Steve
Old 06-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #7

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
We found both of ours on ebay.

Things to remember - do not hesitate when you see one. Do not limit driving. We bought the VT when someone was asking too many questions about whether or not to buy it here. We followed the link and bought it. We bought the Burro by bidding more than some last minute jerk who was waiting to take it from us expected.

There was a camo Uhaul for sale a short while ago. Check out the sales. Maybe it is still available.

CindyL
Old 06-22-2012, 08:36 PM   #8

Texas
Hi Cindy,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Things to remember - do not hesitate when you see one. Do not limit driving. We bought the VT when someone was asking too many questions about whether or not to buy it here. We followed the link and bought it. We bought the Burro by bidding more than some last minute jerk who was waiting to take it from us expected.

There was a camo Uhaul for sale a short while ago. Check out the sales. Maybe it is still available.
Good points - thanks. My GF and I are both high school teachers, so we have the summers off which will allow us time to go and get one.

I saw there was a camouflaged one in CT. That is a loooooong way, but we'd probably make the trek if we could work a good enough deal.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #9

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Fiberglass RVs for sale

Don't know if you will find one in your price range but this site has Burros, Uhauls ( and some others) by clicking on the left side links

It's a little interesting, regardless...

Uhaul Campers - US | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Old 06-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #10

Texas
djtriceflt

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Don't know if you will find one in your price range but this site has Burros, Uhauls ( and most of the others) bu clicking on the left side links

Uhaul Campers - US | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Thanks for the link. I have that link in my bookmarks. I hit this site, Ebay, Craigslist, and the link you mentioned every morning.

I'll eventually find my camper.

Steve
Old 06-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #11

Texas
Hi All,

Hot, tired, exhausted, but happy. Quest is over - got an egg today. I didn't get a Burro or Uhaul which was my first choice, but found an '82 Scamp.

Got it home tonight and started gutting it. Going to do an update, not a restoration.

Pics to follow tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve