wanted 16 or 17 foot scamp casita or similar - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #1

Name: J
Trailer: looking for fiber
Wisconsin
wanted 16 or 17 foot scamp casita or similar

We live in the midwest and would like to purchase a 16 or 17 foot camper. We would prefer one without the bathroom/shower, but are interested in any available. We would also be willing to make repairs to a less than perfect camper.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:24 PM   #2

Name: Karalyn
Trailer: Eggless for now but looking. currently own Amerilite 21 ft
Minnesota
You and I both missed that really good 16 ft Scamp last week in Eau Claire. I guess we will keep on looking and praying for one.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Are you open to a 5th wheel Scamp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin View Post
We live in the midwest and would like to purchase a 16 or 17 foot camper. We would prefer one without the bathroom/shower, but are interested in any available. We would also be willing to make repairs to a less than perfect camper.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 PM   #4

Minnesota
I wish I could but I don't have a truck. Thanks anyway
Old 10-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #5

Minnesota
I found my new to me Scamp, picking it up this week.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #6

Trailer: 1994 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft
Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin View Post
My wife and I just moved to a sub-division which does not allow RV's to be parked anywhere. We cannot find a place to keep it so we have decided to sell our egg. We have a 1994 Spirit Deluxe Casita with side dinette, shower, fridge, AC, awning (although we have never unfurled the awning). The hot water heater wasn't working when we bought it and has been by-passed. I put new brakes and wheel bearings on it last year. The camper is in great shape, tows effortlessly and has been an absolute joy for us to have adventures in. We live in South East Iowa near Fairfield (52556).

The fridge works great, the AC blows cold, the toilet and sinks work well, the roof vent has a storm cover so rain won't come in even with the vent wide open. The propane stove works well and there is plenty of propane in the tank. All windows, screens, and hatches work well. I replaced the pull out electrical cord with a Marinco marine weatherproof connection so the cord entry is watertight and the cord can be unscrewed and stowed when not in use. There are no leaks, and our egg will keep you warm and dry in the worst of storms. The camper does not have a furnace, but a small ceramic cube heater has always been more than enough to keep us comfortable.

Tags
casita, scamp