Wanted: 17.5 Bigfoot '96-'2000 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #1

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen
Oregon
Registry
Looking for well-cared-for Bigfoot. Must be odor-free (as in, owned by non-smoker(s), and with most, if not all, appliances in working order. Corner bath/shower required. Hopefully located somewhere in the Pacific Northwest.

Old 12-21-2005, 02:39 PM   #2

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Ron, check the Oregonian classified for the last several days...seems like I saw one in the Travel Trailer section since the beginning of the week???

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #3

Oregon
Registry
Thanks, Donna, I'll do that. This may be a slight (and maybe only temporary) diversion from the Casita until I check it out. Since I ordered the 17' FD at the end of September, I looked at one Bigfoot 17.5 when it was at one of the Portland RV lots (actually in Sandy). Newer ones I can't afford. They are nice! See you on the 23rd!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:43 AM   #4

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Ron... now i am confussed..?? Your buying another trailer? You just got your new Casita..
Old 12-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #5

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Ron... now i am confussed..?? Your buying another trailer? You just got your new Casita..
I think it's a disease common among boaters and sometimes RVers. Name. twofootitis.

However it's quite rare for twofootitis to be contracted and acted upon before delivery. (Ron hasn't gotten his trailer yet)

Old 12-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #6

Name: Terry
Trailer: 17 ft Bigfoot and 19 ft Scamp
Oregon
Hi Ron I just want to make a comment or two, We owned a Scamp 16' which we had taken to Alaska so when I saw a Big foot I was really impressed with how much room it had. It had a big bath and shower and I really wanted one, so we got one. Now I will give you information on the model you are interested in. The bed is 48" wide. If you make the bed on the table it is 48" wide. If you use the couch (we do so we can leave it made up into a bed) it is 48" wide. Now if you are alone that is no problem but 48" just isn't room enough for two people. The bed (on the table) in the Scamp is 54". We considered how we could widen the couch/bed and with the way the toilet door opens the only way would be to install a pocket door or a folding door. (pricey and not very practical) Also by widening the bed you would lose closet space if not the whole closet.
This was something we didn't consider b 4 buying. Dotty
Old 12-23-2005, 01:23 AM   #7

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
We also had a 17' Bigfoot and after a year we traded up to a Bigfoot 5th wheel. The 5er is 20' and has a Queen size bed. It is a 1985 ( eight years older than the 17' ). In the 17' we each (Pat & myself) had to sleep in separate beds. Now we're not going to completely enjoy our camping experience in separate beds...

The 20' has the bed over the truck and the dinnette is made up all the time. We like that. If a third person spends the night (son or grandson ) The dinnette will also make up into a full size bed.

I've seen a 17' Bigfoot that had the bath and the rear closet removed. A Queen bed was put there, with a porta-potty next to the bed. I do beleive that the porta-potty could be hooked up to the black tank and that running water for flush could be added to the potty. That way you can do everything but shower.

We will always be Bigfoot owners because of the quality built into the units.

Periodically I go to buysell.com and search under Bigfoot.

In BC there are 5...all new and all too expensive and big.

In Alberta there is 1 17' 1986 for $8,500 Canadian...maybe $7500 US.

Check this out: http://www.buysell.com/search/resultsvr2.a...qu=bigfoot&r=26

Here is a listing for a used 5th wheel

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/Calgary...f_Air_Heat.aspx

Paul
Old 12-23-2005, 11:14 AM   #8

Oregon
Registry
Well folks, I did it yesterday. I bought a 1994 17.5' Bigfoot TT. Has rear couch/bed, mid-positioned bath w/toilet and shower, 3-way frig, 4 burner stove, monitoring system for all tanks and systems, new hoses, propane tanks, battery condition unknown. They were asking $12,900 at the recent RV show. I paid $8800.00 I think I got an okay deal but am not sure since not many 17.5' are on the internet for sale. This trailer has been very well taken care of. The previous owners traded it in on a larger Bigfoot (so the sales guy said) I pick it up at 1:00 today. Will be at Kennedy School after I drop it off at my house in King City. The Casita factory was not happy with my cancellation. Can't figure that one out seeing as though they still have a four to six month waiting list on new Casitas.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:17 AM   #9

Oregon
Registry
Terry, the bed size is a non-issue. It's just me and the Lab. Thanks though for your comments. I'm very interested in learning more about Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) now that I have one.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:53 AM   #10

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackie
Yahoo, Ron! Now, your camping season can begin early, and you can definitely make it to the spring Columbia River Retreat....

Congratulations!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #11

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
Well folks, I did it yesterday. I bought a 1994 17.5' Bigfoot TT. Has rear couch/bed, mid-positioned bath w/toilet and shower, 3-way frig, 4 burner stove, monitoring system for all tanks and systems, new hoses, propane tanks, battery condition unknown. They were asking $12,900 at the recent RV show. I paid $8800.00 I think I got an okay deal but am not sure since not many 17.5' are on the internet for sale. This trailer has been very well taken care of. The previous owners traded it in on a larger Bigfoot (so the sales guy said) I pick it up at 1:00 today. Will be at Kennedy School after I drop it off at my house in King City. The Casita factory was not happy with my cancellation. Can't figure that one out seeing as though they still have a four to six month waiting list on new Casitas.
How did you find such a good deal? That is an excellent deal, wish I could find one like that.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #12

Oregon
Registry
L,

You can find "a deal like that". Not all used Bigfoots are on eBay, this site, or other sites (including the RV dealer "used inventory" sites). If I were you, or was looking to buy another Bigfoot, I would call the factory in Vernon, B.C. and ask them where the dealers are in your area including surrounding states. I'd call each of them occasionally and let them know you are interested in one that has been traded in. Once a Bigfoot owner, most likely a Bigfoot owner for life. Brand loyalty and all that stuff. Of course, the quality can't be beat. Anyway, the trailer I bought was not advertised by the previous owner or the dealership. The previous owner traded it in on a new 21' Bigfoot. The 17' I bought was just sitting on the lot when I went to look at new ones. Once I found out that the new 17.5' asking price was $26,500, I started thinking seriously about the used one there on the lot. It might take a bit of patience to wait out a trade-in but it does happen...
Old 01-03-2006, 06:02 PM   #13

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
And depending upon where you're located in Montana, you may want to check out trailers for sale in Canada. More BigFoots, Bolers, Trilliums and Escapes are for sale in Canada than here in the U.S. since that's where they were/are made. A number of members have purchased in Canada and bringing a trailer back into the U.S. and getting it titled and licensed isn't a big deal.

Check out Buy-Sell, for one instance, from the Helpful-Links page:
Trailers For Sale websites
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:27 PM   #14

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out dealers.

Tags
bigfoot