Wanted: A clean fiberclass camper near Birmingham with > 6'2" interior height - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #29

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
The Egg Camper and Lil Snoozy dont have the govt approvals for installing propane... if you just go to campgrounds that have electricity then your fine, otherwise your gonna need a generator. I boondock, so it wasn't even an option for me.

deryk

Old 01-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #30

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
It's either EggCamper or Lil Snoozy that will run the propane lines (or maybe both?), but won't hookup any propane appliances because they don't have the proper authorities/certifications...

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #31

Name: del
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's either EggCamper or Lil Snoozy that will run the propane lines (or maybe both?), but won't hookup any propane appliances because they don't have the proper authorities/certifications...

Guess that makes a good case for the Burro to be on the top of the list
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #32

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think that statement's from Lil Snoozy, and it's always puzzled me since the installation of the gas lines themselves may be the most critical step, code-wise. There are regs governing access to joints etc. If "licensing" is required I think such a requirement would kick in for gas line installation.

I believe the no-propane thing to just be a design decision with both Eggcamper and Snoozy...and Eggcamper may be rethinking it since I notice on it's homepage they actually differentiate one model as "no propane required for this model".

Although "all electric" rigs are gaining popularity in all kinds of RV's I for one consider it a step in the wrong direction due to the limitations imposed on the use.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #33

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
In comparing Eggcampers and Lil' Snoozy's to Burro's you are, for the most part, also comparing much newer to older rigs.

You always have the option of using a stand-alone propane camping stove and heater for your cooking and heating needs.
I personally can't see the sense in making an all-electric FGRV...
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #34

Name: Schnoodydo
Trailer: Egg Camper
Alabama
I have a 2010 all electric Egg Camper in excellent condition. If interested email me.
schnoodydo@gmail.com
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #35

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
My older scamp 13 is JUST wide enough for my 6'1'' body to lie on the bed, if I take my socks off. Don't know about Burro or related from that time frame. I don't find the head room as much of an issue as the bed. I fit but if I slide down my pillow even a bit my knees bend.

If you have two dogs unless the dogs are pretty small a 13ft with a front bath may prove akward. I find myself send our one 40 lb. dog up on the couch to "stay" so I can do things at the bed/dining table area without her being underfoot on the floor. Front bath = no couch.

It's proved useful to be able to send the dog to more than one spot to lie down. And there is not really enough floor space (in my opinion) to allow for dogs on the floor unless I'm not using the floor.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #36

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
My older scamp 13 is JUST wide enough for my 6'1'' body to lie on the bed, if I take my socks off. Don't know about Burro or related from that time frame. I don't find the head room as much of an issue as the bed. I fit but if I slide down my pillow even a bit my knees bend.

If you have two dogs unless the dogs are pretty small a 13ft with a front bath may prove akward. I find myself send our one 40 lb. dog up on the couch to "stay" so I can do things at the bed/dining table area without her being underfoot on the floor. Front bath = no couch.

It's proved useful to be able to send the dog to more than one spot to lie down. And there is not really enough floor space (in my opinion) to allow for dogs on the floor unless I'm not using the floor.
One small dog, one medium sized dog...they both seem to take up a lot of room when laying on the floor!

Good point about the dogs. I honestly had not thought about having enough floor space but that would mostly definitely be a factor. Especially if there were two people and two dogs.

That is why this forum is so great...y'all are helping avoid mistakes I likely would have made in my purchase decisions!

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #37

Registry
"Floor space" suitable for occupation by any two living creatures bigger than a flea is nonexistent in a molded fiberglass trailer of any size.

The first thing any aspirant to The Lifestyle must learn is "The Rule of One Being at a Time" on the open floor.

All others must be seated/reclining/in the car/outside.

Francesca
Old 01-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #38

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
I'm a bit late with a comment - just wanted to say that our dogs' travel cages fit under the main bunk. The furballs enter the trailer and hop right into bed. They use them a lot at home too so it doesn't seem confining to them. Actually I think they are more anxious than us humans to get inside out of the rain!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #39

Name: Ron
Trailer: Eggless for now.
Formerly NH, now full timing
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
FYI, Mark:

Most Eggcampers are built entirely without propane systems and it's not real easy to retrofit. The same is true of the "Lil Snoozy". And one would have to carry a lot of generator in order to supply energy for anything more than lights/pump/, perhaps a compressor fridge.
A Honda 2000, which is not a LOT of generator (46# and fairly quiet) easily handles the power requirements of a stock EggCamper. Mine came stock with a converter, microwave, coffee maker, electric furnace, and AC.

However, I did add propane to my EggCamper for boodocking in the northeast. I use the propane for heat and hot water. I cook outside on a small camp stove.

I used my Honda generator once, then left it home. As quiet as it was, it still made more noise than I wanted. I then added solar to the roof and never looked back.

Ron
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #40

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
A Honda 2000, which is not a LOT of generator (46# and fairly quiet) easily handles the power requirements of a stock EggCamper. Mine came stock with a converter, microwave, coffee maker, electric furnace, and AC.

Ron
All at the same time?

I'd be most interested to hear how a generator that puts out about 1600 Watts continuous is able to do that!

Francesca
Old 01-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #41

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Probably not lol...1 item at a time
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #42

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
Then I have the trailer for you although it lives in Washington State. It is a 2010 Escape 15' with bathroom but no shower. Extra big bed in the back 77x55. My tall friend 6'3" fit inside. I only used it 40 days of camping. Non smoker and never any pets inside. The ad is in the For Sale section here. contact me at cgale45@live.com for more information.