Wanted: A clean fiberclass camper near Birmingham with > 6'2" interior height - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #43

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Gale View Post
Then I have the trailer for you although it lives in Washington State. It is a 2010 Escape 15' with bathroom but no shower. Extra big bed in the back 77x55. My tall friend 6'3" fit inside. I only used it 40 days of camping. Non smoker and never any pets inside. The ad is in the For Sale section here.
Hey Cathy!

I just looked in the "For sale" section here and can't find any such ad at this site...are you sure you mean here at fiberglass rv ? And if so, got a link?

Thanks!

Francesca

Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #44

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
The link is:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-52640.html

Old 01-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #45

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Thanks, David- guess I should have looked back a little farther!

I'd give it a "bump" post to bring it into the current discussions list but for some reason no posts are allowed in the thread except by the O.P.-?

Oh, well...

Francesca
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #46

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Gale View Post
Then I have the trailer for you although it lives in Washington State. It is a 2010 Escape 15' with bathroom but no shower. Extra big bed in the back 77x55. My tall friend 6'3" fit inside. I only used it 40 days of camping. Non smoker and never any pets inside. The ad is in the For Sale section here. contact me at cgale45@live.com for more information.
If it wasn't in Washington I think we could very likely make a deal!!

For some reason I couldn't look the pictures on the old link.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #47

Alabama
Ok folks, I have been narrowing down my options. I am currently pondering two:

1. New Parkliner all decked out...approximate cost 19K.
2. The used 2003 Bigfoot 21' in TX in these classifieds. Approximate cost 16K.

I know, I know...everyone is going to say, well, it depends on what I want, they are two different campers, etc, etc. I'm looking for what would YOU do and why IF you had to pick between those two. Help me out!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #48

Registry
Al-l-l righty then- progress!

Refresh my memory, Mark:

What's the tow vehicle, how many in your crowd, and please post a link to the Bigfoot you're talking about?

Francesca
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #49

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Well the bigfoot is alot larger, but how much heavier? Now I am giving alot of thought about getting a puppy since "most" of the places I camp I could bring one and a friend said they would be ok watching it for a weekend and my parents made the same offer. But there is a big difference from 15 to 21 feet long so probably alot more amenities in it and room...Im single so a big bed for company, a place to eat at and a bathroom works for me... but I know for you married folks its different lol

deryk
Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #50

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Al-l-l righty then- progress!

Refresh my memory, Mark:

What's the tow vehicle, how many in your crowd, and please post a link to the Bigfoot you're talking about?

Francesca
Tow vehicle is a 2004 Tundra with the 4.7L.
I'll have this vehicle until the doors fall off.

The crowd is myself, two mutts (one about 20lbs the other about 40lbs), and eventually the three of us hope to find a nice adventurous female campanion.

And here is the link to the Bigfoot:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-56082.html
Old 01-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #51

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Well the bigfoot is alot larger, but how much heavier? Now I am giving alot of thought about getting a puppy since "most" of the places I camp I could bring one and a friend said they would be ok watching it for a weekend and my parents made the same offer. But there is a big difference from 15 to 21 feet long so probably alot more amenities in it and room...Im single so a big bed for company, a place to eat at and a bathroom works for me... but I know for you married folks its different lol

deryk
Your new Parkliner rocks!

And get a puppy! Dogs love to go campin.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #52

Alabama
One other note....does anyone know of a member of this forum that lives in Austin and might be willing to run by and give the trailer a once over?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #53

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
Tow vehicle is a 2004 Tundra with the 4.7L.
I'll have this vehicle until the doors fall off.

The crowd is myself, two mutts (one about 20lbs the other about 40lbs), and eventually the three of us hope to find a nice adventurous female campanion.

And here is the link to the Bigfoot:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-56082.html
The two choices you've come down to are so different, it's kinda hard to recommend one!

For one thing, the Bigfoot is twice the weight of the Parkliner...the 2500 series is a hefty line. I s'pose weight isn't a consideration for your Tundra, but I think the Bigfoot will "gross out" at around 5,000 pounds.

My personal bias is "smaller/simpler is better", mainly because it's all-around easier - for example, I don't want to mess with complicated hitching arrangements like W/D hitches and/or sway bars... also because we camp in the boonies, and spend much more time outside than inside when camping. We just don't need a lot of indoor space except to cook, sleep, etc. Much depends on your contemplated use- if most of your trailer time will be traveling around the country rather than "camping", more inside space might be best for you.

I also have a perhaps unreasonable dislike of tandem axle trailers, which present a whole new set of tire considerations that I'm unwilling to deal with.

My two cents!

Francesca
Old 01-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #54

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Mark, the bigfoot looks real nice! But big. Like Francesca said its all about how you plan on useing it. I camp with a group of friends so time inside is limited, most of the time will be spent outside sitting under an awning, and most cooking will be done outside (cept morning coffee when Im not ready to deal with ppl yet lol)

I have friends who have monstrous rv's with 2-3 slideouts that are nicer then their homes... thats not for me lol. If in 20+ years I still have my ParkLiner and Im ready to retire and hit the open roads, I could see me modifying the side dinette to take a leaf to make it large enough for my laptop and a plate of food and a beverage lol but for weekend use the laptop is staying home... I have looked at a 10" portable dvd player that would be nice to layin bed and watch a movie before passing out, and can play music through it as well!

deryk
Old 01-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #55

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Mark, the bigfoot looks real nice! But big. Like Francesca said its all about how you plan on useing it. I camp with a group of friends so time inside is limited, most of the time will be spent outside sitting under an awning, and most cooking will be done outside (cept morning coffee when Im not ready to deal with ppl yet lol)

I have friends who have monstrous rv's with 2-3 slideouts that are nicer then their homes... thats not for me lol. If in 20+ years I still have my ParkLiner and Im ready to retire and hit the open roads, I could see me modifying the side dinette to take a leaf to make it large enough for my laptop and a plate of food and a beverage lol but for weekend use the laptop is staying home... I have looked at a 10" portable dvd player that would be nice to layin bed and watch a movie before passing out, and can play music through it as well!

deryk
Thanks for the feedback!

I dont even have a tv at home so I would not miss it on the road. Most of my time would be spent outside as well unless it was raining.

I am impressed with Chandler from Parkliner too. He seems easy to work with.

Ok, so two votes for the Parkliner.....any for the Bigfoot? Does it matter if I will be doing 4 season camping?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #56

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
The two choices you've come down to are so different, it's kinda hard to recommend one!

For one thing, the Bigfoot is twice the weight of the Parkliner...the 2500 series is a hefty line. I s'pose weight isn't a consideration for your Tundra, but I think the Bigfoot will "gross out" at around 5,000 pounds.

My personal bias is "smaller/simpler is better", mainly because it's all-around easier - for example, I don't want to mess with complicated hitching arrangements like W/D hitches and/or sway bars... also because we camp in the boonies, and spend much more time outside than inside when camping. We just don't need a lot of indoor space except to cook, sleep, etc. Much depends on your contemplated use- if most of your trailer time will be traveling around the country rather than "camping", more inside space might be best for you.

I also have a perhaps unreasonable dislike of tandem axle trailers, which present a whole new set of tire considerations that I'm unwilling to deal with.

My two cents!

Francesca
And as a Trillium person....they sent me a note in response to a height question that said their 4500 is going to 6'3" in April!!