Wanted: A clean fiberclass camper near Birmingham with > 6'2" interior height - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #99

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
My apologies to the OP if they have taken my comment regarding long distant purchases as being persistent in regards to any one particular trailer.

My comments (and I believe most of the others) were simply putting forward how I and others I know have had to deal with the issue of trailer brand or layout we are wanting being outside the area we originally hoped to find it. More than one person here has changed there minds in regards to how far they are willing to go for a trailer after spending months wishing and hoping the right trailer showed up for sale in their back yard.

I can only assume based on your comments Francesca that in the future we should all sit back and say nothing and just wait for the party to post over and over expressing their frustration (not saying the OP in the case will) when the trailer they had hoped to buy doesn't show up within a 2 hour drive of them. Which as you know does happen here from time to time.

As I said originally clearly I missed the memo but happy to abide by the new rules of law and order. but is it to much to hope that the same rules of logic apply to tire and electrical discussions as well???

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #100

Name: Mark
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Interesting discussion!

I wasn't offended (I don't really get offended by anything), but there is a zero chance I'm driving a RT of 70+ hours. I'm sure it's a great trailer, but I simply do not want to drive that far for a purchase due to many of the reasons stated. Not to mention I would have two four-legged friends with me which would only further extend the time required for the trip due to the additional stops.

Given my height requirement, tow vehicle, bed size preference, and options I'd like to have, it seems the Parkliner really is just about ideal for me. The newer Trilliums would likely tie, but I have had difficulty in getting them to respond. Parkerliner is also 7.5 hours from Birmingham!

Perhaps at some point in the future I will upgrade to a larger Escape, but for my needs at the moment, I believe Parkliner will be earning my business.

And oh yes, I washed my truck by hand last Sunday. It was quite warm!

Hopefully my next post will be an update as to delivery!

Old 01-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #101

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Nice!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #102

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
All right!

I sure would like to see one of those beauties in person...luckily another member here from Oregon just announced they're getting one, too, so maybe I'll actually get a chance!

Keep us posted as to due dates etc...

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #103

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham1 View Post
Parkerliner is also 7.5 hours from Birmingham!
!
Perhaps Parkliner can arrange to del'v the trailer to you for a fee thats about the same as gas and what ever hotel stay overs you might have spent. We had another member here who was all set to head out with a couple of four legged friends to collect their new trailer on the other side but the manufacture was able to arrange to del'v the trailer right to their door at a reasonably price. Never hurts to ask them about that option.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #104

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Perhaps Parkliner can arrange t del'v the trailer to you for a fee thats about the same as gas and what ever hotel stay overs you might have spent. We had another member here who was all set to head out with a couple of four legged friends to collect their new trailer on the other side but the manufacture was able to arrange to del'v the trailer right to their door at a reasonably price. Never hurts to ask them about that option.
Good option, but I can be there in a day and a half and there is a campground not too far away where I can relax and shake the unit out for a couple of days. If there is anything wrong, I can just run back and get it corrected before taking the trailer home. AND, that would be what they call immediate gratification!!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #105

Registry
I gotta say, if I was getting a brand new trailer from a builder less than eight hours away, wild horses couldn't keep me from goin' over there, getting the grand tour etc., and towing it home myself!

In fact, I'd probably be there a week early making a general nuisance of myself and all wanting to sleep in it etc..

Francesca
Old 01-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #106

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I gotta say, if I was getting a brand new trailer from a builder less than eight hours away, wild horses couldn't keep me from goin' over there, getting the grand tour etc., and towing it home myself!

In fact, I'd probably be there a week early making a general nuisance of myself and all wanting to sleep in it etc..

Francesca

I suspect it will be quite a good time!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #107

Registry
Quote:
I suspect it will be quite a good time!!
You betcha!

And just between you and me: That "eight hour drive" would take me about five hours on the way there...but going home with the new trailer would take at least three days since it would be my first "official" camping trip.

Francesca
Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #108

Alabama
Quote:
You betcha!

And just between you and me: That "eight hour drive" would take me about five hours on the way there...but going home with the new trailer would take at least three days since it would be my first "official" camping trip.

Francesca

I like the way you think! That is exactly what I have planned!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #109

Registry
O.K!

But why stop at only three days for the homeward-bound trip?

Why not take two weeks to get home, and make it a Nationwide Tour that includes a stop at the Teeming Metropolis of Hadlock, Washington (State)?

I really want to see a Parkliner "live"...and as inducements can promise you lavish accommodations that would include not just an electric hookup consisting of 15 whole amps, all for you, but the free run of my 34 acres for the dogs....who would, by the way, be met/managed by the resident sometimes-friendly rat terrier "Miss Amelia Airhead, Millie-for-short".

What say you?

Francesca
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #110

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Trailer

Quote:
I like the way you think! That is exactly what I have planned!
Did you look at the Escape 15? Their is one for sale on this forum that fits your wants.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #111

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1985 Bigfoot 19 w gaucho bed
Washington
Quote:
O.K!

But why stop at only three days for the homeward-bound trip?

Why not take two weeks to get home, and make it a Nationwide Tour that includes a stop at the Teeming Metropolis of Hadlock, Washington (State)?

I really want to see a Parkliner "live"...and as inducements can promise you lavish accommodations that would include not just an electric hookup consisting of 15 whole amps, all for you, but the free run of my 34 acres for the dogs....who would, by the way, be met/managed by the resident sometimes-friendly rat terrier "Miss Amelia Airhead, Millie-for-short".

What say you?

Francesca
Francesca, If he's willing to do that then he can drive to Vancouver Wa and buy the Escape he's talking about (MY Escape to be precise)
Right?
Cathy Gale
Old 01-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #112

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Gale View Post
Francesca, If he's willing to do that then he can drive to Vancouver Wa and buy the Escape he's talking about (MY Escape to be precise)
Right?
Cathy Gale
It was a joke, Cathy!

Francesca