Wanted, Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 western USA - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-31-2017, 09:04 PM   #1

Name: Karl
Trailer: Looking for Casita freedom deluxe 17
California
Wanted, Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 western USA

I live in Napa and have recently found myself in need of shelter on the property, while the family was encouraging a monster RV with slideouts I'd prefer something tiny I can tow behind my Jeep Liberty CRD, I'd like to find a trailer within a strong days drive of Napa, and if I'll be libing in this thing for a while I'd prefer the model I want.

I'll watch Craigslist, unfortunately the perfect trailer was listed in Colorado before I was quite ready so on I go.

Thanks
Karl

Old 11-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Wanted, Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 western USA

A number of people have fitted swivel seats in place of the dinette cushions in the more common Spirit model. If that sounds like a project you could manage, it would open up your search a bit.

Best wishes!

Old 11-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #3

California
I think it really would come down to price, if I got a good deal I could go that direction, I've seen swivel chairs mounted on top of the flat chair bases, I'd prefer floor mounted.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:10 AM   #4

California
I'm still in the market, I think I'd like to be in the 12k range for something 2010-12, I've seen a couple in that range, I considered a '14 in Texas but while the price wasn't bad for the year it was 2 days drive, I could go for one or the other and it is pending now.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:14 AM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napabavarian View Post
I think it really would come down to price, if I got a good deal I could go that direction, I've seen swivel chairs mounted on top of the flat chair bases, I'd prefer floor mounted.
OTOH the swivel chairs mounted on the SD bases will give you enclosed storage too.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
A number of people have fitted swivel seats in place of the dinette cushions in the more common Spirit model. If that sounds like a project you could manage, it would open up your search a bit.

Best wishes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
OTOH the swivel chairs mounted on the SD bases will give you enclosed storage too.
Karl,

We sold our FD a while back. In that process I collected some prices from sold trailer listings on FiberglassRV4Sale. We don't know that these were the final sale prices, but they were the last prices listed.

The 86 sales I collected were from 2/16/2015 to 8/29/17. All but 12 sales were from 2017. There were 4 ID, 13 LD, 18 FD, 49 SD and 2 uncertain. 7 were 16' and 79 were 17'. None of this was scientific as it took me a while to figure out how to filter the 2017 sales and I was focused on the 17s. But, I think it's perhaps broadly representative of what's out there.

I believe Jon's comment is directed to the fact that there are less FDs available, so "converting" a SD with swivel chairs would increase the pool of potential choices. As far as enclosed storage goes, we stored quite a bit under the seats in our FD both in transit and in camp. The FD was perhaps more flexible, while the SD storage is more orderly. Some people have converted FDs to SDs with plywood "boxes". Some have added captain's chairs to SDs. It's perhaps just a question of which you might prefer in that regard.
Attached Thumbnails
Casita Sale Prices.jpg  
Old 11-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #7

California
I'm almost afraid I'll fill those cubby with cast iron cookware! Although it would be a good place for it, down low near the axle
Old 11-07-2017, 02:35 PM   #8

California
Civilguy, thanks for the graph, it looks like the first trailer I found was the screaming deal, bummed I missed it.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #9

Name: joseph
Trailer: Casita
CA
Hi Carl, I have a 2010 17 foot Spirit Deluxe in great shape. I've only used it 10 times and it kept it covered the whole time so the fiberglass is in great shape. It has all the accessories including air conditioning awning you name it. I'm in Southern California, let me know if you're interested I'm asking 17900.
Thanks
Joe
714-7150668

Tags
casita