Wanted: Casita Freedom Deluxe w/Swivel Captain Chairs - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #1

Name: Robyn
Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe Wanted
Arizona
Wanted: Casita Freedom Deluxe w/Swivel Captain Chairs

We are trying to find a used Casita with the swivel Captain Chairs. It's just me and my husband and we don't want to sit on the uncomfortable molded foam dinettes and AREN'T interested in sleeping more than 2 with bunk beds etc. We're considering Spirits at a reasonable price if we can purchase the swivel captain chairs and replace with the spirit's dinette. We are located in AZ and willing to travel, so anyone that is considering selling their Freedom, please contact us if you are an honest owner! Thank you in advance.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #2

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Robyn,

Laura and I purchased a new to us '05 Casita 17' FD in November. It is wonderful. The swivel chairs are quite comfy. We have not camped in it yet, but I do go out and sit in it with coffee and think and dream a bit!!!

Wishing you the best with your search!

Dean

Old 01-23-2016, 10:06 AM   #3

Name: Tom and Stephanie
Trailer: Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe
Wisconsin
We applaud your choice. We've order a 17' FD with the captain chairs etc. for all the reasons you have to be delivered at the end of March. The sale price was too good to turn down. Best of luck to you in finding a used one.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:11 AM   #4

Name: Susie
Trailer: Casita FD17
Florida
Reply to @Wanting Casita 17FD

We bought a 2005 17FD in May but had wanted either of the other 2 models in case our adult "kids" wanted to join us. We have loved our Casita!!!! My 6'2" husband is perfectly happy bunked in and he even slept under the bed when our 26yr old daughter joined us! Nothing like rainy days in the captain's chairs!
Old 01-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #5

Name: Oscar
Louisiana
We own a 2010 Casita Freedom Deluxe with the captain's chairs that we mocified with bunks . We did not find the chairs to be extremely comfy so we would just leave the big table up instead of using it as a bed. But we still have the chairs that are in mint conditon. we have a lots of upgrades in this 17 Ft long Casita, the 16 inch tires for easier towing, the vinyl floors for easier cleaning, a Fantastic fan, and others and extra things I am leaving. Brand new awning as the other had begun to come apart as there are two layers. We live in Schriever La. Can send pics. Non smokers. Contact Janice at 985 446 3259. Asking 16,500 but somewhat negotiable.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #6

Name: Susie
Trailer: Casita FD17
Florida
Bunks in 17FD?

How did you make bunks over the Captain's chairs? Appreciate ideas/photos!
Old 01-23-2016, 02:40 PM   #7

Name: Oscar
Louisiana
Just removed them. and built two bunks. My wife is 5'3 so slept on the bottom so the tire is located at the bottom of that bunk, but it posed no problem as a slight bump was at the end of the bunk on the right. Wil try to send a photo. New at this so have to figure it outl
Attached Thumbnails
Casita 9.jpg  
Old 01-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #8

Name: Robyn
Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe Wanted
Arizona
thank you everyone for your input and experiences it gives me hope! on another forum i have learned some great ways to customize the seating so i am reconsidering all the casita spirits out there and this will certainly open up my options from the narrow field of available casita freedom deluxes because of the captain chairs. it's funny i really thought it was just me and my husband that didn't like the foam seating but now i learn it's a whole lot of people who feel the same. i've researched it quite a bit and i think we are sold on the casita brand. we're not in a big hurry but trying to plan a trip to the utah state parks in may and would like to have our casita by then. my husband and i are young retirees (52 & 55) without grandkids so having bunk beds is not in our plans nor would we want to in such a small space! there's only room enough for us and our four legged kids : )
Old 02-19-2016, 09:57 PM   #9

Name: edh
Colorado
It looks like our 17' Freedom Deluxe 2008 will be going up for sale in Colorado. It is actually both a Freedom Deluxe and a Spirit Deluxe. My husband converted the front swivel area into a dinette/single bed. It is the best of both worlds. The swivel seats can easily be put right back in and are in excellent shape. We did not change any of the structure or damage anything making the change over. We also have a custom made box for the front to put a generator above the propane tanks. In the back we have a custom hitch that is made to hook in anything you want. Bike rack is not for sale. Message or post if you are interested. http://https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mn...VNrQD8zVa?dl=0
Old 02-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #10
Commercial Member

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Registry
The link in the post above should be pictures

Curious about the box on the front - is that one of our "open" tank platforms that you then skinned?
Looks good!

Jim
Old 02-20-2016, 10:48 AM   #11

Name: edh
Colorado
Thanks for the tip on the picture posting!
Yes, I think that is one of your tank platforms! .. we love the box on the front. I think it looks awesome with the skin and we use it on on every trip.

Tags
captain, casita