Wanted in Colorado:Vintage Trillium, Burro, Uhaul, Scamp - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #1
Wanted in Colorado:Vintage Trillium, Burro, Uhaul, Scamp

Hey there,

I'm seeking my first molded fiberglass trailer in Colorado! I'm open to a variety of the different makes/models from 60s-80s, just something with a bit of character, and preferably camp ready. Also open to shipping something in for the right situation, (or traveling to a neighboring state).

I've got US dollar bills, and am a real buyer.
Let me know what you've got! (Price, pics, details,etc.)

Thanks in advance!

jmbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:13 PM   #2
Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985

You might want to also check here:
Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale

FG trailers don't last long on the market once they are posted. Good luck on your search.

Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:28 PM   #3
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Most FGRV buyers fit your self-description about now. Why don't you tell everyone more about what you want:

1. Length (min & max)
2. Condition (fixer >>> Turnkey)
3. Reparability (Full mechanic to Gotta pay for all repairs)
4. Age Range 70's to ??? There were almost no 60's FGRV.
5. Sleeping capacity (2-6)
6. Intended Tow Vehicle, now or future (contrary to ads, you can't pull even the smallest FGRV's with "Any Car".
7. Price Range.

With that you may get some replies and or help. But, if you read just the past 4 days posts you will know that some only last hours after posting and that some have travelled almost across the U.S. to get their rig.

BTW: "A bit of character" usually means it needs work, not Camp Ready.

Good Luck
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #4
Thanks for the replies Bob and Pam! It's been an interesting search thus far, and I just thought it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more pro-active in the searching process.

I can certainly add more specifics. I realize people probably grow weary of seeing completely vague wanted adds.

1) Length: 13'-16' (just looking for something that sleep two, but not opposed to more space)
2) Condition: Medium Rare. I don't mind a bit of interior work, but not quite ready for a frame off rebuild. Would prefer an unmolested, original interior. Exterior, no major body damage, not super concerned about paint condition.

3) Repair: I'm a modestly experienced VW Westfalia/Vintage Vespa Owner, but this will be my first towable trailer. I do most of my own repairs on my vehicles/furniture/home because that's what Ron Swanson would do.

4) Age Range: 1972 to 1989
5) Tow Vehicle: 2010 Yukon XL 1500
6) Price Range: 14$-4450$ (depending of course, on condition/location/model). If I gotta ship, I can't afford as much.

I'm looking at an early 90's Casita tomorrow, but that's not really my first choice. I like older things.
jmbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Looks like an easy order to fill except for budget. It's usually very difficult to find a decent 13' listed for much under $5000 and when you do here's what has happened in just the past two days:

13' Scamp in Las Vegas, listed 8pm, gone at 10am the next morning.
17' BigFoot in BC, listed at 8:30am, gone at noon same day.

Which, basically means that you will have to be on your toes to get a good deal, but they are out there. Bottom line though: You Snooze, You Looze...

BTW: If the Casita is a good buy, grab it, if you looks at older versions of almost any of the FGRV's, they aren't that much different.
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

burro, scamp, trillium, uhaul, vin