Wanted: Near Michigan, not too picky - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-31-2016, 11:35 AM   #15

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Mike, if you follow the link in Emij's post and look in the drop-down menu under the heading for Canadian listings, the last link takes you to a good summary of the issues involved in importing a used trailer from Canada to the US.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:08 PM   #16

Name: Mike
Trailer: In the Market
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Mike, if you follow the link in Emij's post and look in the drop-down menu under the Canadian listings, the last link takes you to a good summary of the issues involved in importing a used trailer from Canada to the US.
Wow, awesome, thanks so much. I'm so glad I found this forum, you are all so helpful.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:28 PM   #17

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
For a first timer you might consider a Coleman style pop up, we just sold a fine one for $600 to buy our 16' Casita. The pop up sleeps 2 on each side, has a big table and cooking space, plus you can hang an awning outside for more space. You won't have the technical issues with it either, much simpler to use and MUCH cheaper to buy. Many Casita owners started out as back packers, went to tents when kids came along, then went to pop ups for more space in bad weather and to learn how to tow and camp with much more luxury, then on to Fiberglass campers. Personally, the 16' is perfect for us two. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:27 PM   #18

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
I'm retired , live within a few hrs. , of Sholdiers Grove , will use any excuse to drive my Myata , & willing to check out sale for you .
Old 05-31-2016, 01:44 PM   #19

Illinois
Spelling error

Just checked my spelling goof ; I'll make the correction before someone else catches it . Miata !
Old 05-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #20

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimp View Post
I'm retired , live within a few hrs. , of Sholdiers Grove , will use any excuse to drive my Myata , & willing to check out sale for you .
Haha, thanks. Let me take a closer look at it tonight and get back with you. I appreciate the offer.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:18 PM   #21

Name: CAROL
Trailer: '79 Boler 1700
Manitoba
Jeeps forever

Mike, I have been a Jeep owner since 1974. In that time I've had 3 Jeeps. My favorite one was my '94 Wrangler, 4 cylinder. I had it almost 11 years and in that time I towed a 14 ft sticky trailer over the Rockies twice. The specs may say it will tow 2000 lbs, but we towed more than that for all those years with no mechanical problems. At one point we were down to first gear going up the mountains, but we still did it. I don't think we would be allowed to do that now though.

I would still have that Jeep today if a Dodge Ram hadn't "rammed" into me. So now we are on our third Jeep - a Grand Cherokee, 6 cylinder that pulls our 24 ft sticky trailer for us. We do have a 1700 Boler as well and expect to enjoy towing it with the Cherokee this summer.

Good luck with your choice of trailer and believe me when I say that my Wrangler had the heart of a lion.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:34 PM   #22

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Douglas View Post
Mike, I have been a Jeep owner since 1974. In that time I've had 3 Jeeps. My favorite one was my '94 Wrangler, 4 cylinder. I had it almost 11 years and in that time I towed a 14 ft sticky trailer over the Rockies twice. The specs may say it will tow 2000 lbs, but we towed more than that for all those years with no mechanical problems. At one point we were down to first gear going up the mountains, but we still did it. I don't think we would be allowed to do that now though.

I would still have that Jeep today if a Dodge Ram hadn't "rammed" into me. So now we are on our third Jeep - a Grand Cherokee, 6 cylinder that pulls our 24 ft sticky trailer for us. We do have a 1700 Boler as well and expect to enjoy towing it with the Cherokee this summer.

Good luck with your choice of trailer and believe me when I say that my Wrangler had the heart of a lion.
Thanks. I have an '02 TJ right now, used to have a 97. If I need to get another tow vehicle, it will be a newer 4 door Jeep. They are just too fun to not have one. As I keep looking, I am thinking that my ideal trailer is a 16 or 17 foot, all things considered. If I found a decent 13 footer though, I would definitely bite.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:36 PM   #23

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRu View Post
... If I need to get another tow vehicle, it will be a newer 4 door Jeep. They are just too fun to not have one...
Ok, I have to ask. Do you go rock crawling? If not, what else makes them so fun? I admit I've never test driven a Wrangler, because I hear they ride pretty rough, and DW and I like a more plush ride. Just wondering what all I'm missing?
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #24

Illinois
message problem

Could not open your message - because of a blocker ? , try again .
Old 06-01-2016, 08:09 AM   #25

Illinois
Message received

Mike , I'm not computer savvy ; I did receive your request . I'll try to hit Madison later today . I'll need the address & info .
Old 06-01-2016, 08:20 AM   #26

Illinois
Madison Scamp

I just went to Craig's List & saw It's been removed . Is it still on your request or did she sell it to someone else ?
Old 06-01-2016, 01:56 PM   #27

Michigan
I was the lucky first one to see it and call on it, so she is planning on selling it to me. Let me see if I can get her address and I'll try to PM it to you for you to look at. Here is a listing that shows it is sold, but gives the description and pictures. I'd be curious on anyone's thoughts on it. It is more than I was hoping to pay, but it is alot newer than I thought I could get, so I'm thinking it is a pretty good deal. She said it is in great shape and has no rot on the floor and everything works fine.

2003 13' Scamp Trailer | Madison, WI | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
Old 06-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #28

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Congrats on snagging an egg! If you click on Jimp's user name, a drop-down box will appear. Besides the PM option, there's also an option to email him. If he's having trouble opening the PM (popup blocker, perhaps) an email might work best.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote