Wanted: Newish Scamp or Casita wanted - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-20-2016, 07:26 PM   #1

Name: Margaret
Trailer: in the market
North Carolina
Wanted: Newish Scamp or Casita wanted

Hi,

I am looking for a Scamp or Casita from 13' up, with or without bathroom.

I do prefer a dedicated bed, and my first preference would be a shower and bathroom, but otherwise, I can make the porta potti option work

The more recent the model, the better.

The camper must be mold free.

Please PM me if you are selling something that fits the description.

Thanks! Margaret

Old 06-05-2016, 11:01 AM   #2

Name: jan
Trailer: 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
Colorado
Just listed our Casita Spirit Deluxe 2011 for sale. We are a ways away--Colorado, but this is in great condition.

Old 06-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #3

Name: Alan
Trailer: 2000 17' Casita Freedom Deluxe...Tow vehicle 2015 Toyota Tacoma Dble Cab V6 Prerunner
California
Have you tried
Searchtempest
It will look fir all craigslist ads that fit your criteria
Just be aware of scams ( too good to be true prices)
And printiut the buyers guide
Good luck in your search

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 06-20-2016, 10:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 casita deluxe
We are in Richmond Ky. I plan to list our 2005 casita liberty deluxe 16' this week. If that is of any interest let me know.
shelby b
Old 06-21-2016, 01:26 AM   #5

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelby b View Post
We are in Richmond Ky. I plan to list our 2005 casita liberty deluxe 16' this week. If that is of any interest let me know.
shelby b
Do you have pics? Also, if there is even the tiniest chance of mold, I can't do it . . . .

Thanks, Margaret
Old 06-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #6

Name: K C
Trailer: 1980 18' Sunrader Motorhome and 1971 Trailswest Campster
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Road View Post
Do you have pics? Also, if there is even the tiniest chance of mold, I can't do it . . . .

Thanks, Margaret
If you are extremely mold sensitive you have my sympathy because it is so very difficult to go any place other than your own home as there is so much risk of the tiniest bits of mold being there. You most certainly could not live in the Western areas of Washington, Oregon or in Coastal Northern California and thrive with that condition.

You need to purchase a brand new FGTV from the factory if you want to be sure there is not even a tiny bit of mold in the unit. That is absolutely the only way you won't have a chance of the tiniest chance of mold.

If you are going to purchase a fiberglass RV look for one that is made with a double wall fiberglass shell system. The outside wall is fiberglass, then an additional inner fiberglass wall with heat reflective insulating material between them. The Scamps and Casitas are not made that way.

The fiberglass shells of these RVs does not breath which means any moisture from the interior that gets behind the inside wall finishes can condense against the inside surface of the shell. That means there is always a potential for hidden mold happening that is not going to be seen by a visual examination. You would need to have professional air quality testing done to know for sure if an older RV has any specs of mold in it or not. That will be something you will have to arrange and pay for. Even on a regular house such an examination is considered to be the buyers responsibility. It is an expensive test to do as it requires sensitive equipment and also requires completely sealing up the unit so that outside air does not throw off the testing by letting in any mold spores from other sources.

Therefore no owner can give you a promise (that will hold up) that the RV is mold free unless they have recently gutted it and put in all new materials. All they can tell you is that they don't know of any mold. But since they can't see behind the inner surfaces on a not so recently rebuilt interior that is not going to satisfy your standards.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:59 AM   #7

Trailer: 2005 casita deluxe
shelby b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Road View Post

Thanks, Margaret
Yes, I just finished listing our casita on craigslist Lexington, ky under trailers if you would lke to see pictures. I don't think I have any mold but would welcome any test you may suggest for evidence of mold.

thanks shelby
Old 06-26-2016, 02:51 PM   #8

Name: Pat
Trailer: Scamp 16' 2012
California
4 Sale-2012 16' Scamp

Fully loaded. Rear dinette folds to full bed. Side dinette folds to twin. Toilet/Shower in front. AC, Microwave, refrigerator, ceiling fan, outside electric plugs, cable, screen door, heater, awning. Excellent condition.
Contact me ASAP if interested.
Northern California
Need to sell ASAP.
Thank you.
Pat
Old 07-04-2016, 07:58 PM   #9

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkwack View Post
Just listed our Casita Spirit Deluxe 2011 for sale. We are a ways away--Colorado, but this is in great condition.
hi jk,

Do you still have it?

Sorry, I have been sick, and out of commission.

Margaret
Old 07-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #10

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Have you tried
Searchtempest
It will look fir all craigslist ads that fit your criteria
Just be aware of scams ( too good to be true prices)
And printiut the buyers guide
Good luck in your search

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
No alan,

But that's a great idea.

sorry it's taken me so long to rsvp.

Margaret
Old 07-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #11

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
If you are extremely mold sensitive you have my sympathy because it is so very difficult to go any place other than your own home as there is so much risk of the tiniest bits of mold being there. You most certainly could not live in the Western areas of Washington, Oregon or in Coastal Northern California and thrive with that condition.

You need to purchase a brand new FGTV from the factory if you want to be sure there is not even a tiny bit of mold in the unit. That is absolutely the only way you won't have a chance of the tiniest chance of mold.

If you are going to purchase a fiberglass RV look for one that is made with a double wall fiberglass shell system. The outside wall is fiberglass, then an additional inner fiberglass wall with heat reflective insulating material between them. The Scamps and Casitas are not made that way.

The fiberglass shells of these RVs does not breath which means any moisture from the interior that gets behind the inside wall finishes can condense against the inside surface of the shell. That means there is always a potential for hidden mold happening that is not going to be seen by a visual examination. You would need to have professional air quality testing done to know for sure if an older RV has any specs of mold in it or not. That will be something you will have to arrange and pay for. Even on a regular house such an examination is considered to be the buyers responsibility. It is an expensive test to do as it requires sensitive equipment and also requires completely sealing up the unit so that outside air does not throw off the testing by letting in any mold spores from other sources.

Therefore no owner can give you a promise (that will hold up) that the RV is mold free unless they have recently gutted it and put in all new materials. All they can tell you is that they don't know of any mold. But since they can't see behind the inner surfaces on a not so recently rebuilt interior that is not going to satisfy your standards.
Hi K. Corbin,

Any used product I bought would have to be tested for mold, and it would have to be located in a dry climate. The problem with new campers is the off gassing and chemicals!! I have been in a few, and they all made me feel sick.

Margaret
Old 07-04-2016, 08:02 PM   #12

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrhofr View Post
Fully loaded. Rear dinette folds to full bed. Side dinette folds to twin. Toilet/Shower in front. AC, Microwave, refrigerator, ceiling fan, outside electric plugs, cable, screen door, heater, awning. Excellent condition.
Contact me ASAP if interested.
Northern California
Need to sell ASAP.
Thank you.
Pat
Hi Pat,

Sorry for the very late rsvp. Do you still have it? The problem is, my understanding is that northern CA is humid. I can't buy a used camper that's been in a humid climate.

Margaret
Old 07-04-2016, 08:05 PM   #13

North Carolina
Have been sick; will be posting new search

Mods, feel free to close this thread. I have been sick, and will be posting a new search.

Margaret
Old 07-05-2016, 05:03 AM   #14

Name: Pat
Trailer: Scamp 16' 2012
California
No humidty in N. CA.

Margaret. Northern CA is very dry. No humidity. No musty where I am or where I've been. Just to educate you.
More mild desert.
Pat

Tags
casita, scamp