Wanted NM: Scamp 16 Deluxe, 2015 or later xlong bed - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-15-2016, 05:30 PM   #1

Name: DL
Trailer: Lite-Craft pop-up on pickup
New Mexico
Wanted NM: Scamp 16 Deluxe, 2015 or later xlong bed

Want furnace, no AC, side dinette, front bathroom, xlong bed (tall we are), screen door, would also like awning, if available. Prefer within 500 miles of Albuquerque but will travel for the right price. The described camper is about 20 K new as of today, would expect a discount for used as we are also seriously looking at ordering new. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:34 PM   #2

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4
SW Florida
Asking price for 2015 used could be more than a price of a new trailer. Take build waiting time into account.

Old 08-15-2016, 05:41 PM   #3

New Mexico
Builld Wait Time

As of today Scamp is January 2017 wait time, no problem to us, as we have a camper now, looking to replace.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #4

Name: Ryan
Trailer: shopping
Florida
And only some people pay premium prices. If an individual needs to sell a used trailer, you'll get a deal.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:29 AM   #5

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblacksmoker View Post
And only some people pay premium prices. If an individual needs to sell a used trailer, you'll get a deal.
sounds like an education about all-molded-towables is in order. This is not the "sticky" world. All-molded-trailers often sell within mere hours of original ad, and prospective buyers have known to get into bidding wars.

Best of luck on your hunt!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:07 PM   #6

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
Couldn't have said it better (or nicer) myself Donna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
sounds like an education about all-molded-towables is in order. This is not the "sticky" world. All-molded-trailers often sell within mere hours of original ad, and prospective buyers have known to get into bidding wars.

Best of luck on your hunt!
Old 08-16-2016, 01:11 PM   #7

Florida
That vantage point is definitely propagated here. And this is definitely a place that drives local prices up by scouring local ads and putting them on a national level. Still, not every camper is within reach of this forum. I do notice fluctuations in prices and also a resurgence in manufacturing which will certainly modulate future prices. I don't wish to argue with those who live here, just offer non-panicky caution to someone not to waste money buying used for new prices. Supply, out-gassing, etc., seem more like arguments by people believing the value of their miniature rv will ensure their future. The prices of these trailers are up now, but will eventually be affected by supply and demand.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:13 PM   #8

Florida
This is definitely a great place to sell one. If you have resource limits, it's not a great place to buy.
Old 08-16-2016, 01:26 PM   #9

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Supply and demand do affect prices. Right now if you want a new Escape, you'll wait a year. Scamp at least six months, Oliver is also custom building and has long wait times. I don't know about the other all-molded-towable manufacturers, but I'm betting it's very similar in wait times. Because people have to wait for a new trailer, they're willing to pay higher prices for a quality used unit to get it now.

You can always make more money, you cannot make more time. Every camping season that's lost... waiting, is gone forever.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:35 PM   #10

Florida
Being educated about buying and selling is different than experienced. I'm very educated about over-paying, but inexperienced. Panic-buying doesn't require education, but it definitely is a salesman dream. The scenario that you must have exactly what you wish immediately certainly does make for an expensive process. I purchased a used trailerfor a bargain by simply waiting for the right deal and making it happen. If I sell, I'll definitely consider listing it here and telling people of they don't buy mine fast, they'll never have another chance. They couldn't possibly tent camp or something else while they wait. I know this isn't a popular perspective, but fgrv is only a nice part of life, not my religion.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:54 PM   #11

Florida
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-ft-76103.html This is one year older than the op asked for, but gives an idea of value. Hasn't sold very fast, though.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:24 PM   #12

New Mexico
Scamp Camper made 2014 looks good but...

we definitely need the long bed at 6'3" and 5'8". According to my info Scamp did not make the x-long bed until 2015. Thanks everyone for info so far. Very kind of you.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #13

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Arizona
Registry
Wanted NM: Scamp 16 Deluxe, 2015 or later xlong bed

I'm not understanding what you mean by extra-long bed. The main bed in all Scamps is the same length, 75", which is the interior width of the trailer. All deluxe models have always had a wider bed, 54" versus 45" in standard models. The recent change you heard about was that Scamp now offers a wider 54" bed as an option on 13' standard models (but not on 16' standards).
Old 08-17-2016, 05:24 AM   #14

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblacksmoker View Post
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...-ft-76103.html This is one year older than the op asked for, but gives an idea of value. Hasn't sold very fast, though.
Certain models with certain features tend to move faster, and yes there are deals to be had with anything if you have the time. I made last purchase that was a 14 hour round trip. Day after I got back I had a chance on another similar trailer that was under priced by at least $4000. And that one was only 3 hours out.

But that said, Donna is right. If you want a trailer deal you may wait a long time and will likely expand your search by hundreds of miles the longer you shop. When I sold my trailer this spring it was fun replying back to the hagglers who told me what they would give me for it, telling them I had at least 10 in line more than happy to give my asking price.

Talk about demand for fiberglass RV's? We just got back from a 4 day road trip which had oodles of stares and walk arounds of our camper and twice had people approach and ask for a tour.

Tags
scamp