wanted: Parkliner - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: casita 17 SD
Pennsylvania
wanted: Parkliner

We need a park liner! Options required; bunk bed option, portapottie. That's it!
I'm willing to travel as far as the Continental Divide( we live in PA)
570-724-6365

Old 07-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #2

Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbrightsteve View Post
We need a park liner! Options required; bunk bed option, portapottie. That's it!
I'm willing to travel as far as the Continental Divide( we live in PA)
560-724-6365
for the money you would save wouldn't it be prudent to drive to NC for a new one, Parkliners have only been out for the last year or 2, I question whether you would save much by buying used

Old 07-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #3

Name: Steve
Trailer: casita 17 SD
Pennsylvania
buying used

Prudent? I don't think so. Maybe easy and convenient.
Let me ask you some rhetorical questions. If I offered you a $100 dollar bill, would you take it? What if I offered you a bank bundle of ten $100 dollar bills? What if I offered you two thousand dollar bundles? Is saving $2000 on something that is almost new and something you want worth doing? OR...should I drive down to Parkliner an pay $20,000?
I live in PA where you pay 6% tax on stuff that needs a liscence plate. If I arrived home with my new Parkliner I would immediately hand the state $1200. If I bought used, the sales agreement might be , say, $8000 or $12000 or $4000. Who knows the possibilities.
I think buying used is worth it. I suspect you bought your casita used as I did. Sometimes we have the time to wait.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #4

Name: William
Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbrightsteve View Post
Prudent? I don't think so. Maybe easy and convenient.
Let me ask you some rhetorical questions. If I offered you a $100 dollar bill, would you take it? What if I offered you a bank bundle of ten $100 dollar bills? What if I offered you two thousand dollar bundles? Is saving $2000 on something that is almost new and something you want worth doing? OR...should I drive down to Parkliner an pay $20,000?
I live in PA where you pay 6% tax on stuff that needs a liscence plate. If I arrived home with my new Parkliner I would immediately hand the state $1200. If I bought used, the sales agreement might be , say, $8000 or $12000 or $4000. Who knows the possibilities.
I think buying used is worth it. I suspect you bought your casita used as I did. Sometimes we have the time to wait.
Hey man I didn't mean to put a burr under your saddle, your opening statement that said "we need a Parkliner" made it sound like you were about to loose you house and your last sentence in your answer says just the opposite "sometimes we have the time to wait", Just experience tells me you won't pay $20,000 for one with the required options you listed, and you also will be very lucky to save a bunch on a 1 or 2 year old Parkliner and there just aren't any that are older than that. Good luck in your search.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Steve,
I'm not sure you will find people that think the same way you may. I have paid my share of sales taxes on 6 new trailers over past 5 years, it's people that try to short change the system that caused the economic problem we all are facing. Let's not take the low road and keep everything above board.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
If yer sayin' what I think yer sayin' about sales tax, Steve:

I don't know about your State, but many are putting a stop to lowball-price-on-the-receipt shenanigans by just going by book value on the unit.

Who knew "the gummint" had that kind of smarts!?!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #7

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I don't know about your State, but many are putting a stop to lowball-price-on-the-receipt shenanigans by just going by book value on the unit.
THAT could actually work for buyers of all molded towables... if NADA is used

Steve, it certainly doesn't hurt to ask about someone selling a Parkliner. But, I wouldn't hold my breath... it may be a while...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #8

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Since Google came into bring I know a number of people who have attempted to short change the paying of taxes by having the seller write up a low ball sales receipt who have been caught out on it at the Border & at DMV when they went to licence it. These days they will Google for the original sales ad for what you purchased or look for ads for other trailers of the same make & age. What you *may* save in taxes isn't worth what you may pay if you get caught attempting to short change.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #9

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Steve, it certainly doesn't hurt to ask about someone selling a Parkliner. But, I wouldn't hold my breath... it may be a while...
It may also be a long while before you find one that's as deeply discounted as you are hoping for. Fiberglass trailers are not like cars or stick trailers that are deeply discounted the moment they leave the lot.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #10

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah there is no way your going to find a ParkLiner under 15k or so...especially not in the summertime. You might get lucky and get a good deal like I did... but not for the prices you mentioned. Being only out for 2 years dont expect low prices on an almost new Trailer... but hand me 190 $100 bills and I might sell mine...and Im almost local to ya lol

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner