Wanted: Polish Built Cadet N-126 FG trailer - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-03-2016, 03:42 PM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Wanted: Polish Built Cadet N-126 FG trailer

Yes were still looking and waiting for a Polish built N-126 FG Trailer, if anyone sees one for sale would they please contact me.
This is an update from last listing about 1-1 1/2 years ago.
Stude

Old 05-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #2

Trailer: Predom Prespol from Poland
Ontario
Captain, not Cadet

Hi Stude,

I think you are really looking for a "Captain" model which has the N126 name plate on it. (we have one and I've never seen another one but then I don't get out that often).

Cadets are a smaller version and I've seen a few of those around. I don't know what their model numbers are.

In the UK they are called "Freedom" and as far as I know are still being manufactured. There are lots of used ones on the continent but that doesn't help a lot here unless you are willing to ship.

Jennifer

Old 05-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #3

British Columbia
Cadet N-126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Minogue View Post
Hi Stude,

I think you are really looking for a "Captain" model which has the N126 name plate on it. (we have one and I've never seen another one but then I don't get out that often).

Cadets are a smaller version and I've seen a few of those around. I don't know what their model numbers are.

In the UK they are called "Freedom" and as far as I know are still being manufactured. There are lots of used ones on the continent but that doesn't help a lot here unless you are willing to ship.

Jennifer
: Jennifer thanks for getting back to me on this subject I have pictures of everything they made in the past and now and they have several different trailers on the market but the one I want is a Cadet N-126 as the size and weight is something I can pull behind my SUV which is only allowed 1500#'s loaded and 800#'s in the vehicle including passenger and driver so that gives me room for about 400#'s of gear. Here are some of the others: Opus 295GT, Predom N 126, Predom N126 NT, Predom Predom N 126n and yes there is the Captain and I think there may be 1 of those somewhere around North America, but the Cadet 10' N 126 were shipped into N. America in the 80's how many came who knows?
Stude
Old 05-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #4

Ontario
Didn't know that n126 is used for the cadets as well. My captain is a 1989. I was told a Polish physician imported these to Canada for two years and that's all. Like I said, I've seen Cadets but never another Captain. Surely he brought over more than one! Mine has the door on the right side at the rear and the bed at the front at the hitch. There are several floor plans and some have the door at the front We also have the original tent add-a-room as a bonus. Good luck. If we see one I'll post it. PS. These are better than bolers. Flat door. No hinge problems. Full size bed. Hollow doors so lighter weight. Surge brakes. Propane tank hatch.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #5

British Columbia
10' Cadet N 126

Quote:
Didn't know that n126 is used for the cadets as well. My captain is a 1989. I was told a Polish physician imported these to Canada for two years and that's all. Like I said, I've seen Cadets but never another Captain. Surely he brought over more than one! Mine has the door on the right side at the rear and the bed at the front at the hitch. There are several floor plans and some have the door at the front We also have the original tent add-a-room as a bonus. Good luck. If we see one I'll post it. PS. These are better than bolers. Flat door. No hinge problems. Full size bed. Hollow doors so lighter weight. Surge brakes. Propane tank hatch.
: I a green one at the Lynden Molded Trailer event last September cut little fella would be right up my alley, bed for 2 in back cooking area at the front, porta pottie works for me just fine, easy to dump, closet for some clothes and place to store necessities in plastic bins under Bench seats and enough room to store some food for 10 days living out in the Desert.
Stude
Old 05-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #6

Ontario
We added exterior hatches so we can get under the bed from outside. We leave the bed down all the time and just use the two-seater table at the back by the door. We had never used the propane burners and when I turned one on last summer. Aye yi yi did it ever heat the place up. Moved outside pronto!! I can't imagine cooking a meal in there. PS. you can use any awning that fits in the track. We only use the original tent for rallies to show off. A lot of trouble to put up but it is cute. Looks like a circus tent
Old 05-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #7

British Columbia
awnings

Quote:
We added exterior hatches so we can get under the bed from outside. We leave the bed down all the time and just use the two-seater table at the back by the door. We had never used the propane burners and when I turned one on last summer. Aye yi yi did it ever heat the place up. Moved outside pronto!! I can't imagine cooking a meal in there. PS. you can use any awning that fits in the track. We only use the original tent for rallies to show off. A lot of trouble to put up but it is cute. Looks like a circus tent
: U should see the new Awnings on the new Armadillo's being built here in BC they are about 3' wide and spread out to about 9' at the front real neat looking awnings plus real easy to put out and take in.
You are not supposed to heat a trailer using the propane Burners for safety reasons that is what a furnace is for. But when cooking one cannot help it and in such tight confines I would think the little green propane cans and cook stove on a Picnic table with a piece of plywood underneath so one does not damage the table would be the way to go, sit outside and enjoy the fine day/weather. I Might have a picture somewhere in my camera which I have not downloaded into my computer yet.
They also come with a underside drawer that is made of aluminium work the larger one can hold quite a bit of stuff and when in no water can get into it, as the trailers drop in size the drawer also drops in size but smart idea for extra storage space especially if you live year round in it as you can store winter clothing there or vice versa.
Any trailer built in 1969 or older came with Propane lights, 4burner stove top with Oven, most of those old trailers did not have a furnace and I had a trailer at 3300' level and the dog and I would often go up and shovel snow off the snow roof I built over it when it got as deep as 4'. All dogs love snow even if snow is 6' deep he used to wander around under the snow and stick his head up to grab some air and away he would go again. I had to snow shoe into the trailer and if early enough he walked on top about 1/2 mile to the truck. Thank goodness for those lights and the stove and 2 full propane bottles or we could not of come up in the winter months, I threw the safety item out the window.
Stude
Old 05-05-2016, 05:32 AM   #8

Ontario
Ours had a thin copper pipe next to the bed/big table but there was nothing attached to it. We figured it was for a propane light. We took it out when we renovated the interior. New liner and new vinyl floor. Upgraded wiring. More outlets. Big job but turned out well. So even in 1989 they still had propane lights. We have a propane fridge in it that looks like it was an after -market installation - not factory installed
Old 05-05-2016, 01:12 PM   #9

British Columbia
Propane lights

Quote:
Ours had a thin copper pipe next to the bed/big table but there was nothing attached to it. We figured it was for a propane light. We took it out when we renovated the interior. New liner and new vinyl floor. Upgraded wiring. More outlets. Big job but turned out well. So even in 1989 they still had propane lights. We have a propane fridge in it that looks like it was an after -market installation - not factory installed
: in Canada they outlawed propane lights in trailers, Motor Homes, campers, etc. I have no idea about the USA but as most of our stuff is built down there I have to assume it is the same way there to.
Yes they use copper for propane lines and still do in most builds. One of the things one should do annually is soap check their propane lines for leaks, might save your life.
Yes we ripped most of the carpet out of our MH and installed Rubber interlock Oak topped flooring we only glued key ones down. I should say that my wife did this job and it was not easy, especially the bathroom area, the straight stretches a snap but the hard access areas were hard to boot.
Looks so much better than Carpet which in our eyes does not look good at the best of times, only carpet left is around driver and passenger floor and bedroom. All of our lights are LED and we have more than enough of those along with more than enough plug outlets of either kind. We installed a back up camera which is a saving grace but if toad on cannot back up anyway.
Stude

Tags
cadet